Hidden Track / Easter Egg on new Season 2 CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
Evenreven
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:11 am

Postby Evenreven » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:08 am

TI's (tech-investigators) get all the ladies, you know.

Are you beginning to feel like Dr. Watson? :)
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby qbin2001 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:22 pm

You can use Riptastic! (shareware)

Code: Select all

Here are some key features of "Riptastic":
(...)
· Rip the hidden Track 0 found at the beginning of some CDs... What have you been missing in your music?
(...)


And probably Easy Audio Copy (freeware).
User avatar
jdh.goodgrief
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Postby jdh.goodgrief » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:39 pm

Okay, here's what I did with Isobuster:

The track shows up as Track 00.

I right mouse clicked on track 00.

Top option in the menu is Extract track 00

Hover on that and the top option is Extract Audio to Wav file.

I did that, then used another program (Wavepad) to convert the track to MP3, and cut it down so just the 'It was Laura' section could be slotted into my TP compilation on my MP3 player.

Hope this helps!
User avatar
jdh.goodgrief
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Postby jdh.goodgrief » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:39 pm

Now, where and how do I use the code to hear this Norwegians track.:)
exfedex
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: CT
Contact:

No Workie

Postby exfedex » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:20 pm

Riptastic and Isobuster both do not work on my system for whatever reason. I give up.

I DO have a wonderful idea though. How about somebody, anybody email me the mp3!

I'm throwing in the towel on this. Absolutely everything I've tried is a bust.
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Postby Jonah » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Any chance of anyone emailing it to me also pretty please? None of the above tips - while extremely helpful - are working for me!
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Postby Jonah » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:32 am

Thanks to Jess for the hidden track email. :)

A friend of mine emailed me and said he got it to work by following isobuster steps here, and opened it as a *.wav file in iTunes, then converted it to iTunes format (aac/mp4). He also set steps to convert it into an .mp3 file following directions here (he's not a member, just a naughty lurker!) also worked. Hope that helps some folks...

A few people have said this is the Audrey/Norwegian track music. It's NOT! It is Donna's sister Harriet reading her poem about Laura at the Hayworth/Palmer supper - you can just about hear her, and it's little Alicia Witt on the piano! :lol:
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Postby Ross » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:03 am

Jonah wrote:A few people have said this is the Audrey/Norwegian track music. It's NOT! It is Donna's sister Harriet reading her poem about Laura at the Hayworth/Palmer supper - you can just about hear her, and it's little Alicia Witt on the piano! :lol:


I think what people are saying is that the Audrey/Norwegian track is what you hear if you enter the "phonebooth" code on Lynch's website. I'm not a member there, so I haven't heard it. The hidden track on the CD is the "It was Laura..." poem, but I don't really get the appeal because the sound is so weird- It would make more sense to either hear the poem (i.e. just a rip from the show), or take it out all together. Sounds very awkward that you can hear it so soft- makes it sound like a faulty sound mix.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Postby Jonah » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:35 am

Ross wrote:
Jonah wrote:A few people have said this is the Audrey/Norwegian track music. It's NOT! It is Donna's sister Harriet reading her poem about Laura at the Hayworth/Palmer supper - you can just about hear her, and it's little Alicia Witt on the piano! :lol:


I think what people are saying is that the Audrey/Norwegian track is what you hear if you enter the "phonebooth" code on Lynch's website. I'm not a member there, so I haven't heard it. The hidden track on the CD is the "It was Laura..." poem, but I don't really get the appeal because the sound is so weird- It would make more sense to either hear the poem (i.e. just a rip from the show), or take it out all together. Sounds very awkward that you can hear it so soft- makes it sound like a faulty sound mix.


Ah ok, thanks Ross, I understand about the Norwegian/Audrey track now.

I also fully agree with you regarding the hidden track. After so much work on many people's behalf to actually find it and get it working, it is a bit of a disappointment. But I guess it's still cool in a geeky fan sort of way :)

But even if they had taken sound clip from the show, and dressed it up a bit, so you could properly hear the poem as well as the piano music, then it would have been nice ... as it's quite nice and poignant.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:43 am

On the track - you can hear the poem read in the background. So, was this ripped from the transmission or was this the recording of Angelo scoring the scene live while watching the scene in the background (and that's what we're hearing?)
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Postby Jonah » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:48 am

Jerry Horne wrote:On the track - you can hear the poem read in the background. So, was this ripped from the transmission or was this the recording of Angelo scoring the scene live while watching the scene in the background (and that's what we're hearing?)


Interesting ... Hmm, I'm not sure. It sounds really low and faraway, as if someone had recorded it off the TV. Doesn't it? Of course, this could have been the intended effect.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Postby Ross » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:49 am

Jerry Horne wrote:On the track - you can hear the poem read in the background. So, was this ripped from the transmission or was this the recording of Angelo scoring the scene live while watching the scene in the background (and that's what we're hearing?)


Good question. To me it sounds like they just took the audio from the episode and ran a center channel omission filter on it to try to take the audio out- and it didn't quite work.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby qbin2001 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:42 am

User avatar
fogride
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:19 am

Postby fogride » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:58 am

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:On the track - you can hear the poem read in the background. So, was this ripped from the transmission or was this the recording of Angelo scoring the scene live while watching the scene in the background (and that's what we're hearing?)


Good question. To me it sounds like they just took the audio from the episode and ran a center channel omission filter on it to try to take the audio out- and it didn't quite work.


I don't think it's Angelo, I believe it's Alicia Witt. I think this song is Credit Boogie, which she gets credit for in the liner notes. Abstract Mood is probably the first segment of the hidden track.


Regarding Isobuster, you must use an old CD Only drive, not a CD/DVD combo, to rip track 0 into a wav.
The lonesome foghorn blows...
User avatar
Sugardrugged Fairy
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 am
Location: In the sea. Two inches below the surface.
Contact:

Postby Sugardrugged Fairy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:50 am

fogride wrote:
Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:On the track - you can hear the poem read in the background. So, was this ripped from the transmission or was this the recording of Angelo scoring the scene live while watching the scene in the background (and that's what we're hearing?)


Good question. To me it sounds like they just took the audio from the episode and ran a center channel omission filter on it to try to take the audio out- and it didn't quite work.


I don't think it's Angelo, I believe it's Alicia Witt. I think this song is Credit Boogie, which she gets credit for in the liner notes. Abstract Mood is probably the first segment of the hidden track.


Regarding Isobuster, you must use an old CD Only drive, not a CD/DVD combo, to rip track 0 into a wav.


I think Credit Boogie is what you find on DL.com, and the first part of the hidden track is untitled.
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests