Twin Peaks Opening Theme : TV opening titles edit....

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

page_ripped_out

Twin Peaks Opening Theme : TV opening titles edit....

Post by page_ripped_out »

Is there a version of the main theme availible that's edited down, as it plays in the opening credits? Bootleg or otherwise?
If an MP3 is anywhere online, would anyone be able to point me in it's direction?

Thanks, if you can help :)
" Diane, I'm holding in my hand, a box of small chocolate bunnies... "
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Since there are no effects or anything, I'd suggest just making it yourself from the TP soundtrack cd with a freeware audio editor. Just fade it at the right moment. Audacity can do this.

OR, you can rip only the stereo soundtrack layer of one of the gold box dvds. Make sure you get only the right chapter. Use DVD Decrypter (windows) or Mac the Ripper (mac osx). You will get an AC3 file that you can convert to whatever you want.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
page_ripped_out

cheers, i think, if i have to, i will rip it from the dvd opening credits. I like the way the main tune starts earlier in the opening credits.
I have Goldwave 5, bu am not particularily good with it.
Would you know if that is an adequate program for grabbing high quality audio? I haven't spent enouh time with it to know...
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

OK, since I have all the tools ready and the DVD handy, I just did it for you.

Go here to download. It's a Dolby Digital AC3 file which means it's only playable in some applications. VLC is a good one. If you want to convert it to a different format, like WAV or MP3, I recommend this application.

On a general note, I'm pretty sure Audacity can do everything Goldwave does and it's 100 percent free. It can grab/record any sound that's going into the computer, but for ripping audio layers from DVDs, actually ripping the DVD audio layer instead of recording/grabbing it is better since you won't transcode it in any way.

PS: Keep in mind that this is from the R2 DVDs, so it's probably suffering from a 4 percent PAL speed-up.
page_ripped_out

YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR

WOW< thankyou for going out of your way to help me out!

That's really cool of you to do that for no good reason. I am very appreciative!

I don't know if, in return, there is anything you are after ( soundtrack-wise - any genre ) that i might be able to help you out with?
I doubt i have, but just saying, incase i can return the favour.

Thanks very much again :)

P.S. sorry i took a few days to reply, i haven't been around at home to log in to my computer until tonight!

P.P.S. -- Hi again. Have just converted it to MP3 via the program you linked for me. Worked perfectly. Thanks again so much!
I hope you have a great week!
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

Thanks Evenreven!

I used a free program called MPEG Streamclip for the MAC and it converted the file into AIFF in about 2 seconds.

Great to have this edited version of the theme.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

No problem, man. Glad you like it!