TP Soundtracks reissued on vinyl??

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

musicaddict
RR Diner Member

TP Soundtracks reissued on vinyl??

Post by musicaddict »

Seeing that the Mulholland Drive Soundtrack is being re-released on vinyl any hope that the 3 Twin Peaks Soundtracks will receive the same treatment? Anyone got any idea if this is even being considered? Would love to own all 3 on 180gm vinyl.....
thewoodstove

Re: TP Soundtracks reissued on vinyl??

Post by thewoodstove »

It would be really sweet to see a 4 LP fold-out set that includes all the music from both seasons, etc.
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Please let me know the details about MD on vinyl. I mixed the thing, and have a number of pieces of music in it, and never heard of this release.
As an aside, there will be a Euro release thing Spring, on vinyl, of some songs from TP, featuring Nightsage and an Italian band. Stay tuned for further details....
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/82424

Reissue from Milan Records, who put the CD out.

"Customers Purchasing This Item Also Purchased: BLUE OYSTER CULT - AGENTS OF FORTUNE"

I must say whenever I think about MH I often find myself humming Don't Fear The Reaper... :?
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Ah, yes... Milan "No Royalties" records... fine label that - bunch o'crooks.
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

Sorry John, did you just say "please download this soundtrack from BitTorrent"? :wink:
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Bastard downloaders. Try and pay your rent or mortgage with Bit Torrent. Pay for your gas or groceries with 'file sharing'.
What a load of horse shit.
Anyone who would download someone else's work for free is a thief. Sorry, but it's true.
How about come payday, your boss said, "Sorry, your work's been uploaded to Bit Torrent. No money for you!".
Eat my files.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

John Neff wrote:Bastard downloaders. Try and pay your rent or mortgage with Bit Torrent. Pay for your gas or groceries with 'file sharing'.
What a load of horse shit.
Anyone who would download someone else's work for free is a thief. Sorry, but it's true.
How about come payday, your boss said, "Sorry, your work's been uploaded to Bit Torrent. No money for you!".
Eat my files.
I agree with you when it comes to legit material that can be bought commercially but if the music is otherwise unavailable or is only available via a dodgy Italian record label (Italy produces a LOT of bootleg releases) then its a good facility. At the very least, downloading is a good way to beat the bootleggers.
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

Heh, so that's a "no" then John?

S'alright, I bought a copy years ago. Not that you're seeing any money from it as far as I can tell... No wonder DL started his own label.