Eraserhead blu-ray scheduled for September

Discussion of Eraserhead

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

belgavin

Eraserhead blu-ray scheduled for September

Post by belgavin »

Released through Australia's Umbrella Entertainment.

No word on specs or region locking etc yet

http://www.umbrellaent.com.au/p-3018-er ... u-ray.aspx
Roger
Roadhouse Member

Re: Eraserhead blu-ray scheduled for September

Post by Roger »

-Roger

"If you don't clean up. You're screwed."- David Lynch - LAMP

Read my new book on horror host Dr. Paul Bearer:
https://www.createspace.com/4132884

Doctor Xombie Horror Host:
ww.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
Exy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Exy »

What's the word on this release? It doesn't look like this is likely to be the Lynch owned/approved HD master that came out on R1 DVD. I'd be wary of the quality to be honest, unless anyone can vouch for its provenance?
Roger
Roadhouse Member

Post by Roger »

Exy wrote:What's the word on this release? It doesn't look like this is likely to be the Lynch owned/approved HD master that came out on R1 DVD. I'd be wary of the quality to be honest, unless anyone can vouch for its provenance?
From what I've heard Lynch has sold the distribution rights to Eraserhead so this is probably legit, but who knows until have more info.
-Roger

"If you don't clean up. You're screwed."- David Lynch - LAMP

Read my new book on horror host Dr. Paul Bearer:
https://www.createspace.com/4132884

Doctor Xombie Horror Host:
ww.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Postponed Release of Eraserhead on Blu-Ray

Post by moviemaker »

UMBRELLA ENTERTAINMENT ERASERHEAD RELEASE UPDATE

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Umbrella Entertainment will now be releasing cult auteur David Lynch's feature film debut ERASERHEAD on 'Region Free' Blu-ray in early 2012.

In order to release the highest quality version possible, the original September 1, 2011 release date has been extended. Lynch is putting the final touches on this special high definition title an Umbrella Entertainment is looking forward to releasing this cult behemoth in jaw-dropping 1080p splendour.

Hailed as the greatest debut by an American director since 'Citizen Kane', 'Eraserhead' is a unique blend of Gothic horror and surrealism. Enter the nightmarish world of Henry Spencer, an aloof young man who works as a printer, and his entanglement with his hysterical girlfriend, her demented family and their mutant child.

'Eraserhead' Blu-ray promises to bring Lynch's legendary dystopian visuals to vivid focus like never before and comes with a feature length interview about the making of the film. This will be a cult treasure worth the wait.

Founded in 2001, Umbrella Entertainment is an independent, Australian-owned distribution company run by expert staff with true passion for feature film, television, music and documentary content. Umbrella has brought over 1500 releases to the market in Australia and New Zeland.
JCR

Post by JCR »

Universal Pictures UK got some shorts (Six Men Getting Sick/The Alphabet/The Amputee) approved as being titled ERASERHEAD - BD BONUS MATERIAL at the British Film Censor a few days ago: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV286608/
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

Not sure about this Aussie release...but I have on order a copy of the german release through amazon.de...and I can't wait. Once I get this I only have to get The Straight Story and then I am complete for 'blu-ray' of all of David's features. Don't ask me about the german subtitles (removable or not) yet though...I will wait and see. Should be with me by the middle of February.