Eraserhead Theatrical Re-Release

Discussion of Eraserhead

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Eraserhead Theatrical Re-Release

Post by dugpa »

Eraserhead Theatrical Re-Release With Brand New Print

Lynch has recently struck a brand new print of Eraserhead and will be doing a theatrical re-release starting in October. This new print has been digitally restored and will be Eraserhead like you've never seen it before. Details below:

Eraserhead will also be opening in Seattle on Oct. 26th at the Egyptian Theater and will be playing at Midnight Fri. and Sat., Oct. 26th and 27th.

Eraserhead will be returning to Seattle for a week run, Nov. 30th-Dec. 6th, 2007.
David Lynch Short Films and LYNCH (one) may be part of the program, TBA.
These screenings will be happening at:
Northwest Film Forum
1515 12th Ave, Seattle WA 98122
Phone: (206)329-2629
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Just wondering if this will be sharper in quality than the older version of the movie (I assume so.) And if you bought Eraserhead 2000 on DVD, will there now be a 2007 DVD--I noticed this one's produced by Absurda; and since it is, will that make it more difficult for local theaters to get ahold of it?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
TravisD

Post by TravisD »

TBH,......unless he washed it through a program....it can't look alot better.Those programs also clean out things that should be in there.

Citizen Kane,Warner Toons,........and a few others were "over" processed to the point of losing detail.

And EH has ALOT of grainy detail,.... 8)
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Well, I hope I can get to see it next week in my home town. Not great timing, but at least it's coming. I'm excited, because we have this brand new art house whose owner claims to be a Lynch fan.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.