Eraserhead OST

Discussion of Eraserhead

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Eraserhead OST

Post by qbin2001 »

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between original Eraserhead's Soundtrack and the new one from davidlynch.com ("Original soundtrack plus") ?
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

Eraserhead (2000)
Eraserhead 20:09
Eraserhead 18:29
Eraserhead Dance Mix 10:16

Eraserhead (Original)
Excerpts From: Digah's Stomp/Lenox Avenue Blues/Stompin' The Bug/Messin' Around With The Blues 19:31
Excerpts From: In Heaven (Lady In The Radiator Song) 18:19

Actually I prefer the Original version--maybe because the actual track names are listed. I know the 2000 edition has been "remastered" but to me the original soundtrack sounds more like the movie. Maybe I just prefer it because it was the first one I listened to...

The Dance Mix is OK... more humorous than anything else--doesn't really add much...
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

So are there different tracks on the two editions? Point being, is it necessary to buy both?
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

No, same tracks.

If you compare the running times, you'll see that they are almost identical, give or take 30 seconds.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Re: Eraserhead OST

Post by jlyon1515 »

So why are they off so much though? I mean, 1 or 2 seconds difference, I can see. But 30 seconds? That's a bit long.
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

Have you listened to the soundtracks?

30 seconds of industrial sounds repeating with slight variances. Can easily edit that and not know the difference (I did it myself in Final Cut). Maybe the original had a loop in it or something to make it longer. Guess we'll never know...
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Well, the Soundtrack CD was completely re-made after I restored the film Audio Track.
David had an LP of the original release and I loaded it into ProTools, then pulled the same sections from the remastered track. The only difference is an editorial decision by Dave to make a couple of slight changes - to dwell on something a bit more, or change to another element a bit quicker - things like that. The Dance Track is made completely from sounds in the film.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There is a new special edition CD out in Japan. Vinyl replica with double sided poster and 16 page booklet with rare photos. A close clone of the Sacred Bones release. It also is (I think) the first CD appearance of 'Pete's Boogie'.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/HSE-59 ... de6cdebf59
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

Thanks for the info. I think I'll grab this new CD!
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

I really love the Eraserhead soundtrack, really evokes something special :D
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare