Eraserhead screening at Brooklyn Academy of Music next week

Discussion of Eraserhead

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jmichael
RR Diner Member

Eraserhead screening at Brooklyn Academy of Music next week

Post by jmichael »

As part of BAM's celebration of J. Hoberman's 30th anniversary as film critic at The Village Voice, they will host a special screening of Eraserhead on Monday, March 10.

There are three shows: 4:30, 6:50 and 9:30. The 6:50 show will be introduced by J. Hoberman. Tickets are $11.00.

All the info is at the BAM website: http://www.bam.org/film/series.aspx?id=175
yvanehtnioj1214
Roadhouse Member

Re: Eraserhead screening at Brooklyn Academy of Music next week

Post by yvanehtnioj1214 »

I know this is an old post but I had to comment. This screening is what first got me into David Lynch. I went to it at the recommendation of a teacher and was not dissapointed. Luckily I have been able to see Eraserhead in a cinema a couple of times more since then (at the IFC center). So thank you BAM for introducing me to a great artist! BAM is truly an indispensable part of our community.
LatelyDavidBass

Post by LatelyDavidBass »

Planning a trip to NYC in May. Just looking at the IFC Center site and noticed that they are screening Eraserhead tonight (1/30/09). Do they do this pretty regularly? I'd love to see this on a theater!

Thanks!

TB
"Where's that hammer you keep talking about?"
yvanehtnioj1214
Roadhouse Member

Post by yvanehtnioj1214 »

Yeah, they show it at the IFC Center pretty frequently. Just this past Summer they showed it as part of their Waverly Midnights series, which I think is what they're doing now too, and the Summer before last they screened it at normal times for the 30th anniversary of its release. I'd totally see it at the IFC again, but I'm not home in NYC at the moment *sigh*. Luckily, I saw it three times in a row last Summer so I got my fix for the year. I can't guarantee that they'll be screening Eraserhead when you visit, but I'm sure they'll be showing good movies at the IFC Center, the Film Forum, and the Walter Reade Theatre. I'd check out their calendars if I were you.
LatelyDavidBass

Post by LatelyDavidBass »

Thanks for the info! Being from the great state of Mississippi, we usually don't get too many indie/cult films. It's either the current blockbuster or first run. There's no theaters showing classics or cult films.

Looking forward to NYC and maybe catching some of the local color in addition to the usual tourist-type things.

Here's to crossing my fingers and chancing on Eraserhead (or any Lynch film) showing the week I am there!

TB
"Where's that hammer you keep talking about?"