Fox Bat Strategy

Lynch music collaborations other than Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Fox Bat Strategy

Post by dugpa »

Description:
A long-time pet project of film director David Lynch (Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive), Fox Bat Strategy features a cast of musicians who began collaborating with Lynch surrounding the filming of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. The same line-up of players appeared on Fire Walk With Me's two roadhouse cuts: "The Pink Room" and "Blue Frank" (as well as made cameos in the film itself). In 1994, these same musicians, with an invitation from Lynch, re-entered the studio for experimental collaboration. What emerged were these 6 tracks. For nearly fifteen years these songs have remained unreleased and unheard, slow-cooking in the ether of time, all the while retaining a uniquely modern sensibility. This release is a tribute to the album's late singer and guitarist Dave Jaurequi, who passed away suddenly in 2006.

Based on the description, I can not wait for the CD to be released. I can't believe that I had no knowledge that this was in the works.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Re: Fox Bat Strategy

Post by Evenreven »

Nice! I want this!
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

Wow, nice that they release this, samples sound great. 8)
btaw

Post by btaw »

The album is now 'out there' thanks to the usual places of mixed repute.

I have to say its actually kind of good, a pretty simple concept but executed with quite some style.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I've been bragging about it over on Livejournal and people are really loving it!
I keep telling them it would be a lot easier to come here, but I guess they are just too lazy.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
WorldOfBlue

Post by WorldOfBlue »

The Fox Bat Strategy CD is a bit meh. Looking at the booklet it seems Lynch only wrote the lyrics and produced it. Is that right?
davidchili

Post by davidchili »

The way he "produced" the album was kinda like "directing" maybe?

I love what Smokey Hormel wrote on the FBS site about recording the song "Rollin' Down With You", it's a bit disappointing that we can't see stuff like this on the CD booklet.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

I finally received my copy of the Fox bat strategy cd last week. I've to say that I absolutely love it and lately I've been merely listening to this album. In my opinion nearly every track on it is great. Maybe it's just me and my ears totally deceive me but in some of the songs the voice of Dave Jaurequi reminds me a little bit of Roy Orbison. How would you other folks rate this cd ? I'm a little bit surprised because so far there haven't been that many responses regarding this topic.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I also am surprised that nobody has been talking much about it. Just was able to listen to the video on our front page about the making of the songs. Really cool.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

I'm in love with this cd. Took me a few listens to really get into it though, which is always how good albums are for me. Every time I listen to the cd kmy state of mind becomes clear and relaxed.
Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob »

I like what I've heard so far from the album on Youtube. When my finances improve, I'd like to buy it, so I can hear all of the songs. But, so far, I think it's a great effort and the songs sound great and stay with you.

I'd love to hear more music that David has produced, and I wonder what else he has waiting in his vault!
"Now it's dark....."