Chrysta Bell's new album, produced by David Lynch

Lynch music collaborations other than Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hervé Love
Roadhouse Member

Chrysta Bell's new album, produced by David Lynch

Post by Hervé Love »

Here a press release of Chrysta Bell concerning her forthcoming album, called "Strange darling", produced by David Lynch.

"Chrysta Bell's long awaited upcoming release, tentatively titled, "Strange Darling"is a collection of her favorite covers, from the obscure to the ultra famous. She gives the songs her trademark sensuality and the music reflects a healthy dose of her penchant for things strange and beautiful.

The record features the phenomenal musicianship from the likes of Jerome Dillon on drums(NIN), Reggie Hamilton on bass (Christina Aguilera, Seal), Dave Palmer on keys (Fiona Apple, AIR), Cameron Morgan on guitar and Marcus Graf on trumpet.

The album will be released through David Lynch's record label, Strange World Music."
Hervé Love
Roadhouse Member

Re: Chrysta Bell's new album, produced by David Lynch

Post by Hervé Love »

You can also have a look on these excellent videos :

http://www.vimeo.com/channels/chrystabell
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Hervé Love wrote:Here a press release of Chrysta Bell concerning her forthcoming album, called "Strange darling", produced by David Lynch...
If I may make a correction: The album is actually produced by German guitarist / producer Markus Reuter (who features extensively throughout the recordings). David is the 'executive producer', and as such facilitated the project, though he did not take full creative control.

I can be sure of this as I was the mastering engineer for the CD, and know both Markus & Chrysta Bell personally :-)

Incidentally you are in for a treat as the album is magnificent...
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks RR. One more famous person to add to our roster. :D

May I ask how you got involved? Or have you always been (and we just didn't know it.)
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Annie wrote:Thanks RR. One more famous person to add to our roster. :D

May I ask how you got involved? Or have you always been (and we just didn't know it.)
You're welcome. However I'm far from "famous"... ;-)

In answer to your question, I've been doing this kind of (audio / visual) work for years and regularly collaborate with Markus.

CB also appears in a forthcoming documentary project of mine. More on that later...

Cheerio!
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Red Room wrote:CB also appears in a forthcoming documentary project of mine. More on that later...
A little off-topic, but I thought some may be interested to know that Chrysta Bell appears (twice) in the trailer for my forthcoming avant-garde documentary film 'Older Than God', which incidentally focuses on the creative worlds of Markus Reuter who produced her forthcoming album 'Strange Darling' (executively produced by Lynch - the album, not my film), which I in turn mastered.

The official 'OTG' FB page contains links to stream and/or download the trailer: http://www.facebook.com/olderthangodfilm

Annie, if you feel this is inappropriate for the thread please move it wherever you prefer. Thanks :-)

RR (Lee Fletcher)
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Grmph! This topic is such a tease, it gets somewhat frustrating. I'd be pretty interested in any Bell release, but being the ever old-fashioned tart i prefer it to be a physical object (CD, vinyl, i might even be alright with a cassette). Now looking up the usual suppliers, there's no Chrysta Bell release on the horizon and i get the impression that it'll be a long-time-coming ...

Any news on this projects status?
~ I locked myself out of my apartment ~
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Vlad wrote:Grmph! This topic is such a tease, it gets somewhat frustrating. I'd be pretty interested in any Bell release, but being the ever old-fashioned tart i prefer it to be a physical object (CD, vinyl, i might even be alright with a cassette). Now looking up the usual suppliers, there's no Chrysta Bell release on the horizon and i get the impression that it'll be a long-time-coming ...

Any news on this projects status?
All I can confirm is that the above mentioned album has been complete for some time and will almost certainly get a physical release, though the schedule has been put back due (in the main) to a related CB/Lynch audio project...

RR
Hervé Love
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hervé Love »

David Lynch and Chrysta Bell, have forged a 11 song album titled "This Train", which will be released from La Rose Noire Records, on September 29, 2011.

Article and video here :

http://www.iconvsicon.com/2011/09/07/ch ... mber-29th/
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Thanks for the link I was always hoping that this album would be released. I love the song Polish poem so I hope the album will be like it.
Hervé Love
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hervé Love »

Album released and nice interview of Chrysta Bell on dugpa.com !!!
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

As This Train is now available I thought I'd drop by to confirm that this is an entirely different project to Strange Darling which was discussed in this thread some time ago. That album (SD) has been complete for a long time but currently remains unreleased... All being well it will still make it out into the world :-)

Best,

RR
Zachary
Roadhouse Member

Post by Zachary »

"This Train" is pretty good. I was hoping for more songs in the same vein as Polish Poem, but that might get a little tiresome over the course of a full album. It's a little more blues-y than I had expected. It's not the type of music I usually listen to, but there are some great instances of dark instrumentation, and that's what I was wanting. There are a few pretty great songs, but I'm sure I'll grow to appreciate the album more after I've given it a few more listens.
AllthewayfromEdmonds
RR Diner Member

Post by AllthewayfromEdmonds »

Red Room wrote:As This Train is now available I thought I'd drop by to confirm that this is an entirely different project to Strange Darling which was discussed in this thread some time ago. That album (SD) has been complete for a long time but currently remains unreleased... All being well it will still make it out into the world :-)

Best,

RR
Thank you for the update! I love this CD! I'll be on the look out for Strange Darling. Damn, I'm thinking of buying the vinyl and I no longer own a turn table! :D
AllthewayfromEdmonds
RR Diner Member

Post by AllthewayfromEdmonds »

Update: Picked up Chrysta's album on limited ediion vinyl. Which she personalized and signed for me! I just love this record!
She's playing Club Silencio in Paris 1/31/12 wish I could be there. Hopefully, she will play Seattle.
Yep, I'm falling for the "Black Book Angel'.