Chained

Discussion of all things related to Jennifer Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hervé Love
Roadhouse Member

Chained

Post by Hervé Love »

It appears that director Jennifer Lynch has very quietly gotten back on her horse post-Hisss and is now in post production on a new US based horror picture titled Chained.

One Saturday afternoon, eight year old Tim and his mother Sarah are picked up by deranged taxi cab driver, Bob, on the hunt for his next victim. To his horror, Tim witnesses his first murder, the murder of his mother, but it would not be his last. Bob keeps Tim as a slave, locking him up and forcing him to clean and bury the bodies of the young women he drags home. Now a teenager, Tim learns he will be allowed some freedom if he becomes a killer himself.

Vincent D'Onofrio and Julia Ormond star in the picture, which was backed by Anchor Bay and Envision Media Arts. With Anchor Bay planning an early 2012 release international sales company Myriad Pictures plans to launch sales at the Toronto International Film Festival, showing the buyers the first trailer, though the chances of that being released to the public at this stage are slim.

Source : twitchfilm.com
rewak
RR Diner Member

Re: Chained

Post by rewak »

Trailer

I'm looking forward to seeing this, i enjoyed Surveillance :)
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

WOW I Mean Woah WOW!!! thanks for posting the trailer. Jen is fantastic!!!! Looks like A Great Thriller Film and I think that should be her thing to do cause she was good at yes mentioned surveillance. her dad had soft but ya know pushed it to the point esp, with nusic, soft, then eerie. as for jen more out front and more thrilling. wanna see them both make a film together. would be very cool!
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

The movie got an NC-17 rating so Jen's having to edit it a little, hopefully for the home video release they're put out the original uncut version as an unrated release.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/cannes ... nge?page=2#
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Or maybe not, Chained's being released on October 2nd but it'll be the R-cut with the deleted stuff being presented separately as a deleted scene.

http://www.amazon.com/Chained-Blu-ray-V ... ds=chained
http://www.amazon.com/Chained-Vincent-D ... 851&sr=8-2
Anchor Bay's Blu-ray/DVD combo pack presents the film in its 2.39:1 original aspect ratio with a 7.1 Dolby TrueHD audio track. The disc also contains the following supplements:

Commentary by writer/director Jennifer Lynch and actor Vincent D'Onofrio
Alternate, more graphic version of "Mary's Murder" scene
Original theatrical trailer