Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: TBA
Single disc (1 BD)

Available for pre-order @Amazon.co.uk
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Re: Inland Empire BLU RAY April 19 2010

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Damn, all my blu-ray players are Region A coded..
But i'll see what i can do. :twisted:
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Mine should arrive in a few days, really hope that "More Things That Happened..." is included, though sadly it most likely won't be since it wasn't on the UK dvd. Will report back, wonder how much of an improvement the blu-ray will be since the movie was shot in SD Sony PD-150. That being said the US dvd was very artifacty especially towards the end of the film.
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Received it today. First of all - the 2 channel stereo soundtrack is much better, all the background sounds and noises are much louder, while all the loud sounds are much lower in the mix (screams etc), so now it's very balanced.
The picture is also superior - better contrast, no interlacing anymore, bigger resolution, but it can't compare to the quality of any other blu-ray release. I'd say it looks more like a remastered dvd transfer with huge resolution.
The supplements come from R2 dvd release, so no More Things That Happened and such.
I'm not able to take screenshots of this blu-ray, since the only player that is able to do it is Region A coded in my system.

I wanna point out that this disc is Region B coded, but you can play it on your pc with Cyberlink PowerDVD, since it can be configured to any region without affecting your blu-ray drive. You can later reset your region option by deleting a particular file in the PowerDVD program folder. You can read more about that here.

I hope this info is handy to all who was interested.
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
Exy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Exy »

I was shocked by the generally negative attitude towards this film over at the Twin Peaks Gazette site that I felt compelled to address the imbalance.

http://www.online-inquirer.com/cinema/inland-empire/

Cheers

Exy
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by Face In The Leaves »

I'd defend INLAND EMPIRE's honour to the grave.

People hated Fire Walk With Me when that was released. The Twin Peaks franchise was effectively killed off by 'fans' who turned on DL for failing to deliver unto them Dale Cooper, damn fine coffee and cherry pie. Years later all the intricacies have been mapped out on the Twin Peaks Gazette board and in Wrapped In Plastic and it's not such a daunting prospect. As soon as somebody cobbles together a vaguely plausible synopsis, INLAND EMPIRE will be hailed as a work of genius. Until then most people won't be prepared to immerse themselves in it and draw their own conclusions.