INLAND EMPIRE and Holy Mountain

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

echoeinmyhead

INLAND EMPIRE and Holy Mountain

Post by echoeinmyhead »

Has no one seen Holy Mountain out there? I'm surprised with the other comparisons of movies to INLAND EMPIRE and no one commented on the few things in Holy Mountain that were the same.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Re: INLAND EMPIRE and Holy Mountain

Post by Snogster707 »

Alejandro jodorowsky? I have a DVD set of 3 movies. I believe that holy mountain may be among them. If so, I've viewed it. Fascinating mind that man has... Some very bizarre imagery in his movies which I love.
zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Post by zeronumber »

Jodo is a genius. Recomend the documentary, Jodorowsky's Dune. Another Lynch-Jodo connection. Must see.
IE. Was just as prolific as Holy Mountain... Good double feature

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

echoeinmyhead wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:52 pm Has no one seen Holy Mountain out there? I'm surprised with the other comparisons of movies to INLAND EMPIRE and no one commented on the few things in Holy Mountain that were the same.
Yes, indeed! I thought of The Holy Mountain near the end of the film when Dern's character seemingly dies on the street (which I thought was happening "for real"), only for the viewer to realize that the cameras are still rolling. It reminded me instantly of one scene from The Holy Mountain which, well, I won't spoil for people who have not seen it yet.

But Alejandro Jodorowsky is, indeed, a master, and his films are a must-see for any Lynch aficionado!
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)