INLAND EMPIRE DVD RELEASE

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Methedrome
Roadhouse Member

Post by Methedrome »

I did not see it at Wal-Mart or Superstore.

I was at CD PLus at Polo Park today and they had it with the transparent photo cover, for $25.99. (same price as HMV, but they had it with the blue cover).

Personally, I am fine with either cover. I am more concerned with a lack of any booklet in the package.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

INLAND EMPIRE has dropped $3 in price over at amazon.com. I received notice of a $3 refund yesterday (pre-order price guarantee).
Dantalian

Post by Dantalian »

Methedrome wrote:I did not see it at Wal-Mart or Superstore.

I was at CD PLus at Polo Park today and they had it with the transparent photo cover, for $25.99. (same price as HMV, but they had it with the blue cover).

Personally, I am fine with either cover. I am more concerned with a lack of any booklet in the package.
Thanks for the shopping info, like I said, I understand how frustrating it is not being able to find something that should be readily available.
You wouldn't think it would be so difficult to find, probably because it's on Rhino, which is why it's easier to find in music stores.

Yeah, it's too bad that as dvd's have gotten popular so the packaging has become bare bones. Especially for directors like Lynch whose fans are interested in as much info as possible.
Ben Dorrigan

Post by Ben Dorrigan »

Mine doesn't have a "booklet", but it did come with an insert: The top half is an ad for Lynch's coffee, the bottom half an ad for Lynch One (the back of the sheet is blank). Is this not showing up in other copies?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Ben Dorrigan wrote:Mine doesn't have a "booklet", but it did come with an insert: The top half is an ad for Lynch's coffee, the bottom half an ad for Lynch One (the back of the sheet is blank). Is this not showing up in other copies?
I have one too. I believe it is in all the copies.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

David was on NPR's Talk of the Nation today on radio and it is now up for your listening pleasure--guess what? He mentions the "soundtrack will be up in a couple of weeks!" Ooh, and his favorite high school movie was "Rebel without a Cause."

This is great--it's about 30 min-go here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/r ... hp?prgId=5
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
AllThisPaperwork

Post by AllThisPaperwork »

direct link to the audio of lynch on NPR yesterday

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=12840729
shemsha
Roadhouse Member

Post by shemsha »

An mp3 of that would be great
Dantalian

Post by Dantalian »

I finally picked up my copy this morning at Best Buy Canada but it was still a hassle. I checked their website when I got up and it said they were out of stock online but my local stores were showing it as being in stock for $21.99. When I arrived and checked the new release wall it wasn't there. I went to the section and sure enough about ten copies were sitting priced at $25.99. I went up to the salesperson and asked her if that was the right price as it was in last week's flyer for $21.99 but because of an order number mix up it never came in. She went and scanned it in and it came up $23.99. She asked if that was the price in the flyer. I said no, and that it was on their website for $21.99. She went and checked her computer and when she came back she said that the one online was a different version than the one they had got in, it had a different sku number, and that's why it cost more. I said that as far as I knew there was only one version, just different covers. I explained again about the order numbers being mixed up and after doing some more checking on her computer she agreed to let me have it for $21.99.

Here is the cover which I think is another variation:

sstroud

Post by sstroud »

Dantalian wrote:Here is the cover which I think is another variation:

Holy crap!!! I saw someone saying there were at least 4 versions in the amazon.com forum but this is the first I've seen of this one. 4 versions and I have get the worst one. *#@!!*%!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Well, after many phone calls to try to locate my cover of choice (and even find the DVD available) and visiting DL.com, where they wanted $9.50 for ground shipping, I finally ended up at Suncoast Video and got it for $19.99. I got the blue cover with the split in the middle and Laura on the top and the Polish girl on the bottom.

Now it's time to start watching and discussing the MOVIE & ALL THOSE EXTRAS!!!!!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
sstroud

Post by sstroud »

Annie wrote:Now it's time to start watching and discussing the MOVIE & ALL THOSE EXTRAS!!!!!
Lynch 2 and Stories are good, but I think my favorite may be Quinoa (edited to add: I have not watched "more things..." yet). I think David needs a show on Food Network. :)

I was surprised to see him cooking as I remember that he didn't like any cooking done in his house. I figured he must have gotten past this and seemed to find confirmation of this in this Guardian article... http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/in ... 30,00.html
My favourite story is that he won't allow food to be cooked in the house. True or false? "OK, now look at this," he says. "You have a lot of works on paper, say, in a house. Why in the world would you go into that house and spray grease on to those works of paper, unless it was an idea that came to you to deteriorate that work in some way? And this is what cooking can do. Also, wherever you can smell that cooking, it must be landing on the walls and y'know what I mean. So it is unfortunate that kitchens are in a house. To my mind, they should be a side building, easily hosed out, cleaned, and the odours and all the stuff that go with it away from the workspace."

So there is no kitchen in his house in LA? He shakes his head, with phlegmatic resignation. "I've let it go ... I've moved most of the work away from the kitchen. There is a kitchen in the house and it has been used for any number of meals." Is it true that it caused a problem with Isabella Rossellini? He bursts out laughing. "Hohohohohahahaha! I don't think so. I think that's a myth." The full myth is that Rossellini left him because of his kitchen intolerance, though in her autobiography she says he left her and that she was heartbroken.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Looks like I'm going to have to spring for the US and UK versions of IE.

My UK 2-disc set arrived today but there are no deleted scenes or other things that happened or quinoa.

We get the NFT Guardian interview, though, which I hope'll be good, the Mike Figgis interview (presume text only?), and some other stuff...

Also got a mini version of the movie poster folded twice and tucked inside the case.
shemsha
Roadhouse Member

Post by shemsha »

DVDBEAVER now has a comparison between R1 and the UK R2

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRevie ... empire.htm