Music on Inland Empire

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I can't remember where I read that IE will be out by June. Maybe it is available just on DL.com. Eraserhead was available on DL.com only for a long time before it came out through other outlets. let's check DL.com and see. Last I heard it was down.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
kelvah
Roadhouse Member

Post by kelvah »

This is the soudtrack list. This is maybe a spoiler so I'll write it white.
***** SPOILER, HIGHLIGHT TO READ *****

BLACK TAMBOURINE
Interprétée par Beck / Paroles et musique de Beck, Eugene Blacknell, Dust Brothers.
LOVELY WAY TO SPEND AN EVENING
Ecrite par Harold Adamson, Jimmy McHugh / Interprétée par The Mantovani Orchestra.
THE SECRETS OF THE LIFE TREE
Ecrite par Jerzy Bawol, Tomasz Kukurba, Tomasz Lato / Interprétée par Kroke.
FLUORESCENCES FOR ORCHESTRA
Ecrite par Krzysztof Penderecki / Interprétée par Krzysztof Penderecki et le National Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra.
THE LOCO-MOTION
Ecrite par Gerry Goffin, Carole King / Interprétée par Little Eva.
THE COLORS OF MY LIFE
Ecrite par Cy Coleman, Michael Stewart / Interprétée par The Mantovani Orchestra.
DE NATURA SONORIS II
Ecrite par Krzysztof Penderecki / Interprétée par Krzysztof Penderecki et le National Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra.
LISA
Composé par Joseph Altruda.
POLYMORPHIA
ALS JAKOB ERWACHTE
Ecrite par Krzysztof Penderecki.
NOVELETTE: CONCLUSION
Ecrite par Witold Lutoslawski / Interprétée par Antoni Wit et le National Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra.
DE NATURASONORIS I
THREE TO GET READY AND FOUR TO GO
Ecrite par Dave Brubeck / Interprétée par The Dave Brubeck Quartet.
KLAVIER KONZERT
Composé par Boguslaw Schaeffer.
GHOST OF LOVE
Composé et interprété par David Lynch.
POLISH NIGHT MUSIC NO. 1
Composé et interprété par David Lynch et Marek Zebrowski.
POLISH POEM
Ecrite par David Lynch et Chrysta Bell / Interprétée par Krzysztof Penderecki et le National Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra.
GHOST OF LOVE
Composé et interprété par David Lynch.
ANAKLASIS FÃœR STREICHER UND SCHLAGZEUG
Ecrite par Krzysztof Penderecki / Interprétée par Krzysztof Penderecki.
AT LAST
Ecrite par Mack Gordon, Harry Warren / Interprétée par Etta James.
SINNER MAN
Traditionnel, arrangements de Nina Simone / Interprétée par Nina Simone.
WALKIN' ON THE SKY
Composé et interprété par David Lynch
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

kelvah wrote:This is the soudtrack list...
Interesting... Where did you find this info? Is the CD being pre-sold anywhere yet?
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

kelvah wrote:This is the soudtrack list.
That looks good, I haven't seen IE yet but that seems to be a fair amount of music, I am looking forward to it.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

The song, "You're More Than That" with Rona Hartner is completely illegal. That was a jam we did in the studio using music by Dave and I that he gave her as a gift, for her own personal use only. I am one third owner of that piece, and she tried to release it just before the BlueBOB album came out in France in the Fall of '02. We had to sue her in French Court to stop it. Cost me a lot of money.

There shouldn't be any copies out in the world, and if there are, I need to know about it.

"Polish Poem" was music that I wrote for a mood piece David wanted to do in 2003 or so. It was secondary chords related to a chord progression in the movie, "Selena". Chrysta did come up with the melody. There are legal aspects to this song that are affecting the CD release. I don't know if there are other issues.

"Lux Vivens" has been out of print for a long time. It was released in August of 1998 on Mammoth Records. Mammoth was sold to Disney and they took the thing off roster.
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

Did not know about the info on Rona Hartner, quite interesting. Last time I was in Paris, the woman at Virgin Mega Store saw on her computer she still had one copy left. I checked for 20 min and was never able to find it.

As for Lux Vivens, it's too bad it's out of print, because it's simply beautiful, love the bass, and West's voice is pure joy.
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

benjamin - absolutely agree with you, "Ghost of Love" haunts me having only seen the film - ahem - 3 times :oops: what a fantastic piece of music.

"Lux Vivens" is stunning too, yeah. what a voice. (thanks for freezing the spectrogram to show the sine wave, John! :) ) luckily, i found a copy through GEMM for a mere $18 about 10 months ago, but i would imagine that is most unlikely now, seeing as nearly every other vendor had it at extortionate prices!

there is a chap called Tim Goldsworthy (from DFA) who worked with her on some Major Force West sessions, and he told us she was "not of this world... amazing".

so - is it correct for me to assume that the legalities surrounding "Polish Poem" are the only thing preventing the IE OST from coming out?
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Does anyone know anymore now about a soundtrack for IE? I think we've established that we have a large market for it.

And I really want it!!!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I'm with you on this Annie, I only hope that it's not another rights issue debacle that will take years to sort out. Can that be possible :?:

What would be good is if they would release a 3 disc set

1. The feature(dvd)
2. The extras(dvd)
3. The soundtrack (cd)

I have a set like this for the original 'The Wicker Man'.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Well, now it sounds like there will be problems with various sources for the music. Guess we can't have everything. Let's hope the DVD doesn't get held back by any unforeseen problems!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Ben Dorrigan

Post by Ben Dorrigan »

Did anyone else recognize the music from "The Grandmother" short? It plays briefly, early in the film just after the Marilyn Levens Show appearance. I knew I'd heard it before but it took me a minute to figure out where.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Soundtrack will be available in a couple of weeks according to David Lynch on NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=12840729
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

dugpa wrote:Soundtrack will be available in a couple of weeks according to David Lynch on NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=12840729
I heard that, although I suspect he means via his website, as there seems to be no news via any other outlets at this stage.

I do hope it will be available via other channels, as the shipping costs via DL.com are generally way too high for UK residents...

It's a beautiful soundtrack though, and I want it soon. :-)

rED rOOM
sstroud

Post by sstroud »

Red Room wrote:I do hope it will be available via other channels, as the shipping costs via DL.com are generally way too high for UK residents...
I've read this several times about dl.com shipping rates to non-US countries. Just to clarify and in case you guys don't know, dl.com shipping rates are too high period, in my opinion (I'm in the US). If he sells the soundtrack for $15, it will cost me $24 including shipping. Now I realize that's much less than shipping to other countries, but still it's prohibitive (about 60% of the item cost). I'm sure his sales would improve greatly with less expensive shipping options.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

sstroud wrote:
Red Room wrote:I do hope it will be available via other channels, as the shipping costs via DL.com are generally way too high for UK residents...
I've read this several times about dl.com shipping rates to non-US countries. Just to clarify and in case you guys don't know, dl.com shipping rates are too high period, in my opinion (I'm in the US). If he sells the soundtrack for $15, it will cost me $24 including shipping. Now I realize that's much less than shipping to other countries, but still it's prohibitive (about 60% of the item cost). I'm sure his sales would improve greatly with less expensive shipping options.
Sure, I agree.

I don't necessarily expect DL.com to be cheaper than the big guns, and I would rather directly support the artist by ordering this way even if it meant slightly increased costs... But, today I intended to order 'The Air Is On Fire' soundtrack CD, which is listed at $15.91 + S&H. Little did I suspect that the cheapest S&H option would be $91.21 - That's $107.12 for one CD! :shock:

I love Lynch, but that's just a little extreme. ;-)

Anyway, back on-topic...

rR