Inland Empire Easter Egg

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
counterpaul
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:06 am

Inland Empire Easter Egg

Postby counterpaul » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:17 am

Weird, I think I might be the first to have found this (I did search first but sorry in advance if I'm repeating something known).

There is an Easter Egg on the R1 IE DVD. It's on disc 1. If you're playing the disc on a computer, navigate to the Languages and Sound menu and hover the mouse over the bright blast emanating from the gun and you'll see a rabbit symbol. Click on that.

If you're using a DVD player, there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the rabbit symbol (I tried every direction with every option selected). But you can still get to the scene. It's Title 2 on the disc so just start the feature and then navigate to title 2 with your remote (this will work a bit differently with different DVD players -- on mine you hit search and then you can pick the title number -- YMMV).

If you want to be surprised, don't read further...










SPOILER






It's another scene from the Monologue, lasting about 2 and half minutes. Here she tells a story of a one-legged young girl who violently escapes a juvenile detention facility. As usual, an impressive and nuanced performance from Dern.
User avatar
Henrys Hair
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:28 am
Contact:

Postby Henrys Hair » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:50 am

Thanks for pointing this out! :D

I got an email from Amazon telling me that IE had been dispatched, but it'll probably take a week or two to get to the UK.
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

...

Postby eyeboogers » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:22 am

Darn you amazon, mine still hasn't shipped, guess that's what i get for ordering the expedited shipping.
Erwin
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:12 am

Postby Erwin » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:07 am

Further off topic, but does anybody know if there is a difference in packaging materials used for standard and expedited Amazon shipments? When ordering digipacks and boxsets like the up comming Twin Peaks set I prefer quality over cost and speed.
User avatar
jmichael
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:31 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Postby jmichael » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:21 pm

Celestial Teapot wrote:Further off topic, but does anybody know if there is a difference in packaging materials used for standard and expedited Amazon shipments? When ordering digipacks and boxsets like the up comming Twin Peaks set I prefer quality over cost and speed.


Amazon ships in the same kind of box no matter what speed of shipping you choose. Most of the times, the dvd is vacuum sealed onto a piece of cardboard and place inside a large-ish box.
User avatar
Annie
Site Admin
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Nebraska

Postby Annie » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:40 pm

I've heard about these easter eggs before. Thanks for the details, counterpaul! But what does it mean really to have an easter egg in a movie--is this strictly a Lynch thing?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
User avatar
jmichael
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:31 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Postby jmichael » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:14 pm

Annie wrote:I've heard about these easter eggs before. Thanks for the details, counterpaul! But what does it mean really to have an easter egg in a movie--is this strictly a Lynch thing?


Easter Eggs can be found on all kinds of things. It just means there's some sort of hidden bonus for fans who really pay attention. Sometimes an Easter Egg is hidden a inside the main part of movie (for example - E.T. appearing in "The Phantom Menace") - but in most cases when you hear about DVD Easter Eggs, it means there's an extra bonus feature hidden somewhere on the disc.

For example, the Twin Peaks Season One DVD set is full of Easter Eggs - you can find a brief video clip of each director doing their audio commentary, there's a hidden trailer for a fan-made film starring Michael Anderson and there's also a hidden file which gives you a code that members can use on DavidLynch.com to uncover a short TP-related Flash animation.
User avatar
motoko
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:31 pm
Location: Long Island

Postby motoko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:07 pm

Anyone found any others? I haven't been able to.
Erwin
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:12 am

Re: Inland Empire Easter Egg

Postby Erwin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:43 am

counterpaul wrote:If you're using a DVD player, there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the rabbit symbol (I tried every direction with every option selected). But you can still get to the scene. It's Title 2 on the disc so just start the feature and then navigate to title 2 with your remote (this will work a bit differently with different DVD players -- on mine you hit search and then you can pick the title number -- YMMV).


Title 2? If you mean chapter 2, it's not. So is there a way to reach it on my Philips DVD player? :?:
User avatar
twin-b
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:28 pm

Re: Inland Empire Easter Egg

Postby twin-b » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:06 am

Celestial Teapot wrote:
counterpaul wrote:If you're using a DVD player, there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the rabbit symbol (I tried every direction with every option selected). But you can still get to the scene. It's Title 2 on the disc so just start the feature and then navigate to title 2 with your remote (this will work a bit differently with different DVD players -- on mine you hit search and then you can pick the title number -- YMMV).


Title 2? If you mean chapter 2, it's not. So is there a way to reach it on my Philips DVD player? :?:


On the "Languages and Sound" screen, navigate to the right from "standard" to "widescreen" to "off". With "off" highlighted, push up on your remote twice, then to the right once. Instead of it moving to "sound" it will move to the rabbit in the top-right.
FaceInTheLeaves
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:43 pm

Postby FaceInTheLeaves » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:21 pm

I paid for priority shipping for my Amazon.com order and the packaging it arrived in was useless. The DVDs were rattling around in a big bix with a couple of bags filled with air. IE was okay (until I tried removing the security stickers which tore the inlay card) but another DVD in the same order had come loose in transit and was covered in scratches.
adamus
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:40 am

Postby adamus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:23 am

Has anyone found any easter eggs on the region 2 dvd yet?

Return to “INLAND EMPIRE”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests