INLAND EMPIRE OST

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Yeah, so did I; Angelo adds more melodies (if that's the right term); David likes to play with noise. I'm really glad that he added other music, although I thought he sang well on "Ghost of Love." And I'm glad that David introduced us to Nina Simone. She's wonderful!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Digital Ghost

Post by Digital Ghost »

I FINALLY got mine today. Amazon = FAIL. :evil:

Anyone wanna take a crack at the lyrics for Polish Poem?
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I think somebody figured out the lyrics on the INLAND EMPIRE board or as close as they could get.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Red Room wrote:More delays from Amazon UK...
We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

David Lynch (Artist) "Inland Empire - Original Soundtracks
[Soundtrack] [Import]" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 13/10/07 - 29/10/07
:!:
Well, despite the above notice from Amazon UK, my copy (from them) arrived today! :D

RR
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

OK. Thought I would chime in here.

Rules of this board for copyrighted material are as follows:

Absolutely no public posting of direct links to copyrighted material on any of the Dugpa.com Discussion Boards.

Many companies putting Lynch's products out, including Lynch's own company, Absurda, check these boards often and have in the past asked me to remove posts that promote the downloading of copyrighted material which I am more than happy to oblige them.

Any posts with direct links to the downloading of copyrighted material will be removed without notice.

As for what you do via PM (Private Messaging), that is your own business.

So for example, if you are looking for certain unreleased tracks, you can simply add a new topic asking for members that know where to find these tracks to send you a PM and take it from there.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions regarding this topic.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks dugpa! Anybody up to talking about the music on this soundtrack?
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

I had thought that John Neff did some of the music for the soundtrack but I didn't see any music credits. Only a recording credit. Wasn't it posted that he did some of the music as well?
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Yes, look again; his name is there. I asked John personally to clarify that. He said he worked from July 2003 until the beginning of December 2004 on the movie (didn't go to Poland with Dave), did all the sound recording for the core of the movie, and wrote the music for "Polish Poem."
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Annie wrote:Yes, look again; his name is there. I asked John personally to clarify that. He said he worked from July 2003 until the beginning of December 2004 on the movie (didn't go to Poland with Dave), did all the sound recording for the core of the movie, and wrote the music for "Polish Poem."
My copy has just arrived! :D

Doesn't look like John Neff gets a songwriting credit for Polish Poem on the CD liner notes though.
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

Actually, just for the info. Angelo Badalamenti composed three beautiful songs for Nina Simone in the past:

Another Spring

I hold No Grudge

He Ain't Comin' Home No More

I particularly the last two songs which are on her album "High Priestess of Soul" from 1966. I highly recommend them.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I wonder if you can still buy those Nina Simone records (on CD); she really didn't look that old. Or, I should say she looked really good for her age!
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Annie wrote:I wonder if you can still buy those Nina Simone records (on CD); she really didn't look that old. Or, I should say she looked really good for her age!
Two of those songs (I Hold No Grudge, and He Ain't Comin' Home No More) appear on 'The High Priestess Of Soul' album, which can still be purchased from the following stores:

http://www.find-cd.co.uk/cds/B000AXZCV4 ... f-soul.htm

The other (Another Spring) can be found on 'Nina Simone And Piano'...

http://www.find-cd.co.uk/cds/B00005RDCG ... -piano.htm

DF
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Can someone upload the lyrics of INLAND EMPIRE OST?The official release mentions only the creators and copyright holders of the songs.

P.S.That girl on the movie is not Nina Simone!Nina Simone was fat and died in 2003 at the age of 70.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks Pete. Boy, do I feel stupid!!! :oops:
I don't know where you'd find the lyrics to all the music.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Pete Martell wrote:Can someone upload the lyrics of INLAND EMPIRE OST?The official release mentions only the creators and copyright holders of the songs.

P.S.That girl on the movie is not Nina Simone!Nina Simone was fat and died in 2003 at the age of 70.
You could have left out the 'fat' and just said how old she was!! Sorry, but it grates a bit to see one of the musical icons of the 20th century reduced to 'fat'! She wasn't especially fat in any case!