the valley girls- a guide

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JFK
Roadhouse Member

the valley girls- a guide

Post by JFK »

heres a reference to the valley girls. after a bit of research (jordan ladd is actually Cheryl Ladd's daughter!) ive figured out who is who and am 90% sure this is correct.
vlcsnap-523131.PNG
vlcsnap-523131.PNG (238.44 KiB) Viewed 21824 times
and in grid form their character names corresponding to the order in the picture
back to front

tammi---kari---lanni

sandi---chelsi---lori

terri---dori---salli
Last edited by JFK on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
applesnoranges
RR Diner Member

Re: the valley girls- a guide

Post by applesnoranges »

I've taken a screen shot of it and will compare it with the movie when I get time, thanks.
NerdGrrl

Post by NerdGrrl »

Anyone know the dance? There should be a video how-to! I saw it at the screening at the Hammer Museum in LA last summer- such fun!
We've got two ledgers, and one smoked-cheese pig. Which one do we burn? And it ain't gonna be my pig.
JFK
Roadhouse Member

Post by JFK »

I saw it at the screening at the Hammer Museum in LA last summer- such fun!
Anyone know the dance? There should be a video how-to! I saw it at the screening at the Hammer Museum in LA last summer- such fun!
LUCKY! i was only able to see that on the web, as im landlocked in the midwest. but from what i remember, there is more to the dance than just stopping at the "jump up" lyric.
wish the whole routine couldve been included in MTTH or somewhere else on the 2nd disc.
and i think you just nominated yourself for the how to video. :)
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I'm so impressed those girls actually had names!!!
And I'd love a how-to video for the Locomotion--great idea! Image
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
NerdGrrl

Post by NerdGrrl »

Well I do have a friend in the film... could possibly get her to do a how-to... maybe we could you-tube it? hehe...
We've got two ledgers, and one smoked-cheese pig. Which one do we burn? And it ain't gonna be my pig.
JFK
Roadhouse Member

Post by JFK »

NerdGrrl wrote:Well I do have a friend in the film... could possibly get her to do a how-to... maybe we could you-tube it? hehe...
what part did your friend play?
Carl
RR Diner Member

Post by Carl »

A couple of notes:
I read that DL has recently married the actress that played Lanni, the one that answers Sue's query, 'look and tell me: have you ever seen me before?', with 'Yes, we will do that.'
Is this an instance where some of the girls are in a scene with other people than Sue ( except the H'wood Blvd hooker ones, I guess) ? That would mean they are not, as my wife insists, 'her imaginary playmates.'
From the weird, wonderful and, apparently, Phantom-administered Inland Empire Discussion Board, I have gleaned the concept that the 'Locomotion' references an old Amiga game, one where the players switch the train tracks in order to sabotage the competition and that the Phantom is doing just this in IE.
I Like It. This explains ( to my current satisfaction) , better than the 'wormhole' analogy favored by my wife, those weird (mostly) Interior Geographies that Nikki walks through near the end.
***Yeah, I think, as has been Posted here,someone(s) are trying to trap the Phantom in a role ( incarnation, whatever), so as to do him in with that gun.