Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Re: Introductions

Post by AXX°N N. »

I haven't been driven to sign up and discuss anything on the internet since LOST, and I guess the 2016 elections. Anyway, here I am. :o Long time lurker ready to make the members of the board feel a perhaps apprehensive broadening of activity and engagement.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
the woods
Roadhouse Member

Post by the woods »

i haven't discussed any t.v. on the internet since "lost" either. in fact, "lost" and "twin peaks" are the only boards with which i have ever bothered.
next step: rocket science!
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Deep Thought wrote: Maybe someone here remembers me from the old Twin Peaks Gazette board, oh about 15 to 20 years or so ago.
Of course I do! It was you who responded to one of my earliest topics there ("16 reasons why Mulholland Drive is worse than Lost Highway") with a heart-warming idea "now how about giving 16 reasons why nobody should listen to BOB1" :mrgreen: I do remember your many deep thoughts in our stunnigly deep discussions (oh yes, smokedchezpig... but I don't believe he is here, is he?).

So who knows, perhaps we'll come up with some new good ideas (aka. deep thoughts) after May 22? Hope to see you here and perhaps your poor kid, too? I also managed to introduce my two daughters to the world of Twin Peaks and they are fans, even if not freaks.

I've come to this topic to say that after a few years break I intend to come back but gosh, it's so hard to start when there are hundreds of topics and millions of post unread... and unreadable for me, let's face it. How do I know what's been recently discussed? If I'm not starting a topic that everyone already got bored with, say, six months ago? Well, I'll try.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
DaleBooper

Post by DaleBooper »

Hello, all! As of right now, I'm finishing my second rewatch of the series and Fire Walk With Me in prep for tomorrow. I'm a late bloomer and saw Twin Peaks for the first time just months before the announcement about the new season was made. So, needless to say, I'm pretty spoiled compared to those who have been waiting decades for this moment (though I am jealous that I didn't get to join in the hype of the original run).

Offline, I'm lacking for fellow Peaks fans, so I'm glad to have found this forum, even if I do tend to lurk more than chat.

So, nice to meet ya and Happy TP3 Eve!
The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Marquis »

HELLLLLOOOOOO!

I'm Matt, from southwest Washington State. Been lurking here for AGES, only recently registered (by force.. thanks). Been a Twin Peaks nut since I first saw it on VHS tapes in 2001. I've loved it ever since, you could consider it my chief entertainment interest for the last 16 years. I'm typically eternally positive about the show (and all things Lynch, except Dune), to the point of being an apologist.
BloodyHeartland

Post by BloodyHeartland »

Kinda already made my intro in another thread but it wasn't fully dedicated to that. So here I am with more detail.

Born around the time the middle of the show first aired, so obviously I didn't watch it then. I only got the gold box set after having played a game that was essentially almost entirely based off of the show - Deadly Premonition, released in 2010 if memory serves.

Not sure what the general consensus is, if any, on it, what with almost being a ripoff, but I love both it and Twin Peaks for some similar and very different reasons. Suppose I am biased more towards DP as I prefer games as a medium in general. I feel the level of interaction makes many games more unique. Have very much enjoyed investigating around Greenvale, even if it was low budget and stuck in development hell for years. That said, TP has much broader scope since its not tied to Dale Cooper all the time.

Anyway, more about me, well, obviously just a little younger than the show. Autistic, weird, loner, want to be a writer or artist but they're more just hobbies. Love the more unconventional stories and art, music, etc. Not much else to say about myself unless anyone asks.
aplagueofhumans

Post by aplagueofhumans »

Hi there, my name is Hali - I am 25 and living in Chicago. I keep insects and love shortwave and ham radio. Only recently inducted into the David Lynch fandom, and am looking forward to speaking to many more fans. Thanks for reading!
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

BOB1 wrote:
Deep Thought wrote: Maybe someone here remembers me from the old Twin Peaks Gazette board, oh about 15 to 20 years or so ago.
Of course I do! It was you who responded to one of my earliest topics there ("16 reasons why Mulholland Drive is worse than Lost Highway") with a heart-warming idea "now how about giving 16 reasons why nobody should listen to BOB1" :mrgreen: I do remember your many deep thoughts in our stunnigly deep discussions (oh yes, smokedchezpig... but I don't believe he is here, is he?).

So who knows, perhaps we'll come up with some new good ideas (aka. deep thoughts) after May 22? Hope to see you here and perhaps your poor kid, too? I also managed to introduce my two daughters to the world of Twin Peaks and they are fans, even if not freaks.

I've come to this topic to say that after a few years break I intend to come back but gosh, it's so hard to start when there are hundreds of topics and millions of post unread... and unreadable for me, let's face it. How do I know what's been recently discussed? If I'm not starting a topic that everyone already got bored with, say, six months ago? Well, I'll try.
Hey there! Sorry I just saw your reply. Those were fun times, and more managable as you say. Deep Thought is capitalized, btw, as i certainly don't think I have too many "deep thoughts!" Pretty much all I can come up with is 42 as the explanation for everything. Cheers!
There's your roast beef and cheese.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Just realised I never introduced myself. How rude!

Hi, I'm Novalis. I'm 42 and a single parent from the UK. This is the first forum I've joined in a long time. I wish I had been a member throughout the campaign for the release of the FWWM deleted scenes, which I followed elsewhere. Great work, and really happy that came about at last. I ramble quite a bit, and obsess over details; I'm an art nerd.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
IAmNotYourFoot

Post by IAmNotYourFoot »

Hi! I have visited dugpa.com many times over the years, and have always been impressed by the insights of the participants here. Dugpa, thank you so much for creating this space and for maintaining it for so long.

Today seemed like the right time to finally register. I'm a forty-something fan since the very first episode back in 1990. I couldn't get TV reception in my dorm room, so I had to go over to a friend's apartment to watch it. :)
"What do you fear most in the world?"
"The possibility that love is not enough."
poodlerottweiler

Post by poodlerottweiler »

The first Lynch movie I saw was Lost Highway and it instantly became one of my all time favourite movies. I started watching Lynch's other works but didn't get around to Twin Peaks until a few years ago. I was just a tad too young for the first viewing but I was a die-hard X-Files fan during its original run and can now truly appreciate how much influence TP has had on various things over the years. I also read both of Mark Frost's Doyle novels about 20 years ago and did a reread again recently (the fact that they have stayed in my massive book collection over the years speaks volumes to how much I enjoyed them).
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

Hello, I am Capeditiea.

I swear, Lynch has entered into my mind on several occasions... or time travels or something... because every film of his is super well thought out... i see connections everywhere... (and this is beyond the films.)

A friend, mentioned to me soon after i finished watching the return. "What if the final episode of Season three was to point out reality..." which included some really interesting evidence to how this could be. I then later dived into many different things, another friend... (both of which have kinda introduced me to TP just last year... he also happens to be Alien...) mentioned i should watch a few of Lynch's Films.

-_- my life has not been the same after having a three nights in a row of Lynch films, first night, Eraserhead... second, Blue Velvet... third Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive. (which was really confusing... due to the fact that i had to go back to them to seperate the two, by watching them two seperate nights... i mean yeah they make sense... but still i didn't know where one started and one ended.)

A few weeks later i watched Inland Empire...

a few days ago i finally watched Wild at Heart...

I will probably watch Hotel Room tonight.
I also listened to all of Lynch's music. -_- i really wanna hear him rap, because it would be interesting. Since it doesn't fit his personality at all.

But also thanks to Episode Eight. (which is my favourite episode... the avant garde/noir part.) When i first watched it, I was soooo comfortable from such a change. Especially when Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima... (arranged to fit on the film.) came on. :D It was well put together.

...i lost my train of thought on why i was... o yes, thanks to Episode Eight, and "Listen to the Sounds" i made two albums of Ambient Noize (ESChatology and ESChaton.)

for my free time i spend, composing classical music, avant garde music, sometimes both... and electronic music... occassionally all three. when i am taking a break from this to clear my mind i am either listening to music, watching anime, randomly playing video games, reading manga, or watching Lynch's masterpieces.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

Hi everybody! My name is Anthony and i LOVE Twin Peaks!! I would like talk about this great series with yours and give different opinions, theories, etc. This forum is great.
Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Maddy »

Hi :D

I was sure I had already posted an introduction on this thread but when I re-read the thread I couldn't find one lol!

I am Maddy here, Julie, married, 42 in real life from Sunderland in the UK and thought I better introduce myself since i've been a member of this board since 2012!

I used to be a regular poster on the Twin Peaks Gazette from 2002 until it closed and recognise many people here from there.

I have been a huge fan of Twin Peaks since 1989 when I was 12 and the pilot first aired on BBC2 in England. Of course my love grew over time I LOVE all seasons and watched season 3 on NOW TV, again awesome and love anything else Lynch/Frost related. My favourite Lynch film is Wild At Heart but all his movies rock. I haven't yet gotten to the UK T.P fest but I hope to make it there someday soon..
The Angels will return...
ShadowTakeMeDown

Post by ShadowTakeMeDown »

Hello! :)

I'm Gustavo, 33, from Brazil.

I'd been lurking the forums for a while looking for info on a possible Season 4. It's great to see that new users are allowed to join once more.

I love movies more than anything. David Lynch is one of my favorite filmmakers. Twin Peaks is one of the few television series I've seen, and by far my favorite - Season 3 being a key reason for that.