Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
iar
RR Diner Member

Introductions

Post by iar »

I just thought it would be nice to have an Introductions thread!

My name is Siobhan..im a 19 yr old student from Wales and I study history and italian. Ive been a fan of David Lynch since I saw Mulholland Drive in 2002. I managed to get to the INLAND EMPIRE premiere in Venice which was unbelievable and now I have a ticket for the UK premiere on the 8th which im very excited about.
Im admin over on the official inland empire board (http://www.inlandempirecinema.com) and currently fighting the battle with the spam bots! Im also a member of the twin peaks gazette board and dl.com.
Last edited by iar on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Welcome iar. Great idea for a thread to kick off the launch of the new Discussion Board.

My name is Brian, 31 and live just south of Los Angeles in a little city caled Torrance. Been a fan since 1990. The DVD releases or should I say lack of any news regarding Twin Peaks on DVD pushed me to putting up this site. Member of DL.com, Lynchnet, Twin Peaks Gazette, and INLAND EMPIRE Message Boards.

Favorite Lynch film has to be FWWM. Probably favorite film of all time. You could say I am a FWWM junkie. Seen INLAND EMPIRE 3 times.
Last edited by dugpa on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annie
Global Moderator

Introductions

Post by Annie »

Hello Everybody! Welcome to our new Discussion Board.

My name is Annie and I am your new moderator. I live in Omaha, Nebraska, which means I'll probably have to wait for the DVD to be able to see INLAND EMPIRE. (We're right in the middle of the US.) I'm a psychotherapist and I've been a fan of David Lynch since 1984. I'm also the maintainer of the David Lynch Community in Live Journal. I'm also a member of the Twin Peaks Gazette and the new INLAND EMPIRE board.

My favorite Lynch films are Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart, but I'm also a not so secret DUNE lover!!!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Lumberton

Post by Lumberton »

Hey, this Matt from Australia.

I'm 18 and have been a huge Lynch fan since 2001, favourite film is FWWM, and still waiting for INLAND EMPIRE (it opens down here in April).

I used to be a member of DL.com, never met the man (but hope to one day), and never been to a Twin Peaks fest (the only TP star I've met is Chris Isaak).
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

Good idea! So, hello everebody!

My name is Théophile, I'm 28, I'm a french guy living in Berlin, Germany. I became addicted to David Lynch the day I saw Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me in 1994, and then discovered the rest of his work, his spiritual convictions, and this wonderful magazine called "Wrapped In Plastic".

I'm basically attracted to everything he does, with sometimes more or less satisfaction but always with a tremondous amount of curiosity.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Good idea. Hi Folks!

Guess I'd better introduce myself too...

My name's Lee, and beyond the day job I'm a musician & producer from the UK. I write / record together with my wife Lisa and various other musicians under the [halo] banner, as well as contributing to the recorded works of artists such as CENTROZOON, TUNER (Markus Reuter, & Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson), Richie Nieto, Tim Bowness (of No-Man), etc. http://www.myspace.com/fletchertronics

I've always liked David's work, but only became engrossed in it around the time of Mulhollan Drive. Since then I've gone back and purchased / watched / re-watched everything the man's done... It would be fair to say that I'm currently going through a mild obsession with his work! ;-)

As a musician / sound designer, I'm also greatly influenced by his approach to sound, which I can identify with strongly.

Fave' Lynch works would be; Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead, and Twin Peaks... But I really do love it ALL. It's rare that I find an artist (audio or visual) whose work I can be guaranteed to enjoy.

Haven't seen Inland Empire yet, but hope I get the chance here in the UK. Looks v-promising, although I'm not sure about the use of DV as a medium Hope I'm proved wrong there.

All the best,

RR
Marty1918

Post by Marty1918 »

My name's Marty. I'm a 37 year old writer/producer in the corporate video world, and a writer/producer/director in the independent film world. I also teach Screenwriting and Production at the college level.

I'm a big Lynch guy and will open my arms to anything the man does, and most times I end up embracing his work. I've watched or heard nothing from Lynch that hasn't had worth.

I look forward to these boards. It could be a nice little niche-y destination a couple of times a day.

www.glowingscreen.com
www.myspace.com/glowingscreen
Last edited by Marty1918 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynched+skinned

Post by lynched+skinned »

Hello, I'm Marcus.

A native of Inglewood, California ' lived there my entire life. Twenty-four years to be exact. I loved Hollywood as a little boy. My first exposure to Lynch came through the broadcast version of Dune. I hated this movie 'albeit that has now changed. My older brother and father loved it from the beginning.

I own two Lynch DVD(s): MD (R1) & WAH (R1).

Favorite Lynch film Lost Highway. Haven't seen INLAND EMPIRE ' although I hope to theatrically.
kailsar

Introductions

Post by kailsar »

Hello, I'm Christopher, aged 28. I live in Norwich, England, although I'm originally from Aberdeen, Scotland. My favourite David Lynch film would have to be Mulholland Drive, closely followed by FWWM. Currently weighing up whether to buy Twin Peaks DVDs from Germany or wait for the UK release. Have all the videos, but after 15-odd years the quality is pretty dreadful, and they're the only versions of the second series I've ever seen, so I'm pretty excited. Looking forward to many discussions on this board with you all.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hello I'm Simon (who'd have guessed?) I'm 21 and I'm a student in London. I think the best of Lynch's films is Blue Velvet, although I love them all. I failed to get a ticket to the UK premiere of Inland Empire, but I can't wait to see it - the trailers look fantastic.

I don't have a lot of time for internet communities in general, but particularly after missing the info about the Inland Empire premiere, I'm probably going to try to keep up with things here and on a couple of other boards, over the next few months.
claire

Post by claire »

Hello I think you can guess my name. I am from Liverpool England. I am 29 years old. The first David Lynch film I saw was Blue Velvet I don't remember how old I was but I would guess about thirteen. I loved it and it haunted my dreams. When Twin Peaks came along I was obsessed. I watched every episode on was it Tuesday or Thursday? I can't remember and then the repeat on Saturday. I would talk about to anybody in school who'd listen to me and would listen to the soundtrack to send me asleep at night. I read and re-read Laura Palmer's secret diary and Agent Coopers book and was so sad when it finished as I wished it would go on forever.
My favourite David Lynch film changes all the time but I think at the moment I would say it is Mullholland Drive. I have recently seen The Grandmother though and I absolutely loved that.
Anyway I'm on here mainly to try and find out when Inland Empire is released in England because I can't seem to find out.
Please somebody help me.
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

Hi Claire, nice meeting you. According to the website imdb, INLAND EMPIRE is released in the UK on March 9th 2007.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Wow...British people coming out of the woodwork! Brilliant! :D

Ok..

Claire- UK premiere is on Febuary 8th at NFT in London, which sold out in 10 minutes :shock: But worry not..as I believe March 9th, as Teopeaks said is the opening date for the rest of the UK. I dont know how wide a release its going to be but Optimum are distributing and they did a good job with Pan's Labyrinth so we can but hope! If youre in Liverpool then Im sure you can find somewhere that will show it.
claire

Post by claire »

Thank you so much Iar and Teopeaks nice to meet you too. I am so excited, hoorah.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Members--I need to remind you that this thread is for introductions only!
Please take your conversations to another thread or pm each other.
Thanks!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.