Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Qyle Cooper

Re: Introductions

Post by Qyle Cooper »

Hey, I'm new on this forum

My name's Quentin, I'm a French student. First discovered Lynch in 1997 with Lost Highway. I became engrossed in his work since I discovered Twin Peaks in 1998, and have been obsessed by Twin Peaks since.

Favorite Lynch works are Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet, but I pretty much love all of his films.

I also became a huge fan of several Twin Peaks actors, especially Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee and Joan Chen, and I feel kind of sad to see that Fenn and Lee are such underrated actresses.
The lack of information regarding their work pushed me to write the Wikipedia article about Sherilyn Fenn as well as a mini-biography on the IMDb, and to provide most of the information featured on the IMDb about Fenn and Chen.
Sometimes I consider creating a fansite about them, but I don't have much time and I don't know anything about creating a web site.

Favorite Sheryl Lee works are Twin Peaks, Fire Walk with Me, Backbeat, Vampires and Kingpin.
Favorite Joan Chen works are The Last Emperor, Twin Peaks, Temptation of a Monk, Red Rose White Rose, The Home Song Stories
Favorite Sherilyn Fenn works are Twin Peaks, Ruby, Of Mice & Men, Lovelife, Darkness Falls, Adrian Pasdar's Cement, and her 4400 guest appearance

I have a passion for cinema since 1997.
Favorite directors are David Lynch, James Gray, Johnnie To, Tim Burton, Alex Proyas, Wilson Yip, Wong Kar-wai
Favorite actors : Francis Ng, Adrian Pasdar, Shin Ha-kyun, Kyle MacLachlan, Leslie Cheung, Joaquin Phoenix
Favorite actresses : Sherilyn Fenn, Joan Chen, Sheryl Lee, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Mädchen Amick
Sherilyn Fenn is 5 feet of heaven in a ponytail
thiebes

Post by thiebes »

Hi there. My name is Joseph Thiebes and I'm new here, but have been a fan of Lynch for most of my life. Besides being a fan, as an artist I am also very inspired and influenced by Lynch.

Recently I have begun acting as Doc Hayward on a Twin Peaks fan film, about which I've posted in the Twin Peaks forum.

I live in Portland, Oregon and am a priest and artist. My interests include principally esoteric philosophy and art.
WaveCrest

Post by WaveCrest »

Hi everyone. I've been meaning to join this forum for a while, and after reading the recent addition to the news page on Dugpa.com I thought I should join, as it sounds like the forum is short of members.

My name's Richard and I've been a fan of David Lynch's work (including Twin Peaks, Twin Peaks: FWWM and Mulholland Drive) for some years now.

The first time I watched anything David Lynch related was back in the early 90's when Twin Peaks was at the end of the second season on BBC2. I only saw a short bit of the second part of the series finale. I can remember Laura doing this loud scream. I can't remember when I next saw anything to do with Twin Peaks or anything else David Lynch related, but once I read more into the programme and other David Lynch film and TV credits I was hooked and immersed, especially into the world of Twin Peaks, which was truly a one-off.

The last new film I saw at the cinema which I thought was a masterpiece was Mulholland Drive. I gave it 5 stars. Naomi Watts has gone on to make some very good films. It's just a pity Laura Elena Harring hasn't gone on to do more good work.

I didn't take much notice of Wrapped in Plastic (the Twin Peaks magazine) until last year. I started collecting the back issues and have very much enjoyed reading them.

In my opinion the holy grail of DVDs is Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I hope that we will see the film given a proper DVD release. And I don't just mean a 2-disc release with the 17 deleted scenes and a few other extras.

A few years ago I found a Twin Peaks forum on the web, which had a green look and the Washington State landscape in the background. It could have been to do with the Twin Peaks Fan Festival. I don't remember.
LatelyDavidBass

Post by LatelyDavidBass »

Hello, All! My name is Tommy. Been a fan of Lynch since Twin Peaks. I saw FWWM in the theater in 1992 and never looked at the world the same way since.

I'm in Mississippi and managed to catch FWWM, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive in the the theaters. The rest, I either have seen or own on DVD, VHS, or other means.

I've been lurking about here for a little while and finally decided to join in...

TB
"Where's that hammer you keep talking about?"
garland

Post by garland »

Hi my name is Jason.

I just finished my annual rewatch of Twin Peaks, and have been nosing around the internet still feeling Lynch-y, looking for news, and ended up here. Between this viewing and the previous, I went on a road trip to Snoqualmie and so it was nice to get that giddy feeling of "I was THERE!" every time the credits rolled and there was the shot of the Twin Peaks sign.

When I was in high school a friend of mine was getting into different music and movies and recommended Blue Velvet. I had a most uncomfortable viewing of it, sitting through the harrowing scenes of Frank... with my parents. It took me a couple of days to process it and fully realize that I had really really liked it.

Since then I have watched all the movies when they come out, never gotten over Twin Peaks since it aired.
The giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by The giant »

Hi, my name is Willie and I'm a accountant. Back in 1989, a friend told me about Twin Peaks and I got hooked on it. And I've been a Lynch fan ever since.
I'm gonna go out for a sandwich
XenoGilmour

Post by XenoGilmour »

Hey everyone!

I'm Patrick, 18, and will be a freshman at Cornell in the fall as a film/psych major.

My favorite films are of course David's and my interest in him dates back to when Mulholland Dr. was released in theaters and I saw it with my mom (also a huge Lynch fan) and I remembered being absolutely engrossed without truly understanding any real depth of the film. I returned to Lynch about half a year ago and simply devoured his oeuvre since.

On another interesting note, I also practice Transcendental Meditation and have since I was ten.

My favorite Lynch films are IE, FWWM, Eraserhead and Mulholland Dr. They are too close to really separate.
BobbyPeru

Post by BobbyPeru »

Hello all!

My name is Jim, I'm 36 years old and have been a Lynch fan since I saw a VHS of Eraserhead, back in the mid-80's. I was a freshman in college when Twin Peaks was on and still is my favorite Lynch material.

I love music, movies and sports (esp. baseball and football). Go Brewers!!! Go Packers!!! I live in Milwaukee, WI (duh!)
"I'm a whole damn town" - Andy
gavriloP
RR Diner Member

Post by gavriloP »

Terve!

I'm Mikko from Finland, born in '73 and lost my soul to Lynch in '91. I am father, amateur musician, photographer, digital artist, jack-of-all-trades, master of none :) In theory I could work with IT...I'm living in the country in over hundred years old house that creaks with the wind. My studio is in the attic among the dead birds and rats. I have problems with lightbulbs there, you know: e-l-e-c-t-r-i-c-i-t-y... Each day I walk through the dark attic to get into my "room" that has red velvet drapes on the door.

The thing that got me was Twin Peaks. I wasn't actually intenting to watch it at all, because of the hype. It made me very suspicious. But then I happened to watch one episode (the one where Icelanders come to the Great Northern) by mistake. And boy am I glad I did!

When I was at episode 19 or 20 I wasn't able to see it (I had to go to see Terminator 2) I videotaped that episode. I watched it couple of times next day... then next week I taped the show as well, just for kicks... and before you knew it, I was scouting my neighbors and friends if they had any of those older episodes on VHS. One by one I managed to get hold all but couple. Before the net and living in small town Finland, less than 40 miles from Russian border, it wasn't easy :) And through the years I really wore those tapes out :) Now I have this superb gold box, and it's nice to really see things for the first time.

When TP ended I continued my obsession with it... one day I was at the library photocopying an article and recipes of dougnuts in TP (yep, before internet) and loaning the musical notes for TP soundtrack. I just happened to read the tv guide section from newspaper and wow! Blue Velvet was on TV that night. Before the next day I canonised Lynch and joined the worshipping choir :)

Nowadays I have mellowed out and found also lots of other directors that give me this great proud feeling of belonging to human race. But I really hope David Lynch still makes new movies, because there is always part of me that remember the boy who dreamt night after night of never-seen episodes of TP that were just showing in the local telly of his mind.
areeng

Post by areeng »

Hi everybody!

My name is Tatiana, I'm 29 and I'm from Moscow, Russia. And for last 2 years I also live in Kyiv, Ukraine (going there and back).

First of all I should confess that I don't consider myself to be a great Lynch fan :oops: BUT! :)
Some years ago I met people who ARE great Lynch fans :) They are very interesting people, and following them I've watched nearly all Lynch's films. Of course, I know about Twin Peaks Fest in Snoqualmie, but I doubt whether you know about Twin Peaks Fests that took place in Ukraine and Russia :wink: They were made by the very same interesting people :) Here you can see a short video from Twin Peaks Fans Meeting in 2006 in Saint-Petersburg (Russia): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIIoxQtFZlY It was really wonderful! We also have photos somewhere, but I can't find them now :?

And maybe you know that week ago David Lynch visited Russia and Ukraine, and me and my friends were on most of events. I was so impressed by personality of DL and the fact of his visiting in general, that I decided to register here and to share my impressions with you :D

Also I would like to welcome you on our site http://david-lynch.info/ (I hope it is not forbidden here to give links on one's own sites?) It is in Russian, but there are some photos and videos, and will be much more in near future :)
WilliamTheBloody

Post by WilliamTheBloody »

Hi there. I'm Christopher from Brockton, Massachusetts (though I'm moving soon). I'm 35, single and a huge Lynch fan (obviously).

My introduction to DL was Twin Peaks. I had never heard of David Lynch but I watched the premiere the first night it was on thinking I was just getting a neat little murder mystery. WOW! It opened up a whole new world to me and I've been hooked ever since. I ran out and got everything Lynch I could get my hands on.

I also love music and art (I'm pretty good with a pencil), as well as comics and all kinds of movies. Aside from Lynch I love Tarantino, Hitchcock, Kevin Smith, Robert Rodriguez and Oliver Stone. For music I love The Doors, The Beatles, Prince, Pearl Jam and far too many others to name.

My favorite author is Stephen King (OK, sue me).

I also love Joss Whedon-hence the name and avatar. :D

I've become something of a regular over at the Twin Peaks Gazette, where I've become friends with a user you know as BobbyPeru, so I thought I'd check this place out too. It seems cool. 8)
"What? Did your life pass before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea..."
Maka

Post by Maka »

Hey all.

I've only been a Lynch fan for a few years, but I've been connected by proxy before I was even born. My mother almost went out with Kyle Machlachlan and knew him personally. Me and Kyle both hail from the northwest town of Yakima. :o
neverwakingworld
Roadhouse Member

Post by neverwakingworld »

Last edited by neverwakingworld on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Hello everyone.
My name is Piero. I'm 29 and I'm from Italy.(sorry if my english is not so good)!
I'm a Lynch fan and I really love his arts. I live in the center of Italy beetween the mountains and the sea.
My brother is also a Lynch fan and he did his graduation thesis on Lynch and his paintings.
I like this blog and hope you all enjoy my posts on it.

Thanks everyone, Piero
Roomservice...
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Post by Black Rose »

I'm Blackie. I live in California.

I first saw Twin Peaks when I was 12. (My mom is SO APPALLED she let me watch it.)

I didn't really get into any of Lynch's other stuff until I saw Mulholland Drive, which might be the only film I have seen three times in the theater. I've also seen it 50+ times since then.

I suppose it's true that there's a thin line between love and hate, because I'm not so into some of Lynch's stuff. Maybe it's because I find it disturbing?

And yes, I have been to Snoqualmie.

Anyway, that's me.