Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Buck's Student
Roadhouse Member

Re: Introductions

Post by Buck's Student »

Hi, I'm Bucky. That's not my real name, but that's what I go by online due to my user name being so long. 8) I found this board through IMDB because I was interested in David's art, and I'm glad I found it. I have a board of my own, and have posted on many others.

To let you know a little about myself: I am a musician, my instrument is guitar. I record various styles of music, but lately lots of ambient stuff. My hero is Peter Buck of R.E.M. (Buck's Student :idea: ), and I enjoy other guitarists such as Richard Thompson, Randy Rhoads, Jonny Greenwood, Robert Fripp, etc. You can hear some of my music by going to my profile and clicking (or copying) the link to my myspace.

I'm a big Lynch fan; he's my favorite director. I have seen most of his work, though have yet to see Fire Walk With Me and Inland Empire, along with Dumbland, Rabbits, and other smaller works. I find him to be a cool guy, with a great personality.

Hopefully I will post more than just a few times on here. :wink:
Hauntingdream

Post by Hauntingdream »

Hi,

I'm Claudia and I'm from the Netherlands. I was 14 years old when Twin Peaks first aired and immediately hooked. I watched and obsessed about the show.

Recently I bought the Gold Box and got sucked right back in. What I missed then and am so thrilled about now is having the internet to interact with other TP fans.

Next year I plan to go to the Festival because one of my dreams, ever since I was 14 years old, was going to the place it was filmed. The mountains and the woods are like a whole seperate character in the series and I just want to walk in them.

Am looking forward to talking to you all here on the board, and to eventually maybe meet some of you at the Fest.

See you!
jtorrice

Post by jtorrice »

My name's Jeff and I'm new to the board.

I first saw Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me when I was fifteen. I went into the film not knowing who David Lynch was or even knowing the TV show. Needless to say the way I viewed film changed after that and I haven't looked back since.

Happy to be here!
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

Hi, I'm Terri and 21. I'm South African but have spent the past three years attending university in England and most of my school years were spent in Beijing, China. So I consider myself an international individual!

I've been a fan of Lynch since late 2006 after hearing references to his movies through music from my favourite band. Since then I've educated myself on everything he has done and have submerged myself in the Lynchian world.

I look forward to posting here and forming good acquaintances along the way.
Albert Rosenfeld

Post by Albert Rosenfeld »

Hi there, been browsing here as a guest for the past few days, thought I'd take the plunge and register. I am a huge Peaks fan, my username is Albert Rosenfeld and my relationship with the show goes a long way.

My mum and aunt were obsessed with the show when it was first broadcast here in the UK, Wednesday nights, BBC 2 at 9pm and as a six year old, it scared the hell out of me anytime I seen any of it (Laura's prom photo always gave me the creeps, as well as the Owl, and don't get me started on Bob, that guy still gives me the chills). It wasn't until I was in my teen years and Channel 5 re-ran it that I fell in love with the series, its characters, the story and the music, plus it always helped that I identified with Dale's love of coffee, an obsession I also share. I bought the Gold Box Set, finally released over here, and I have fallen in love again after spending years re-watching season one again and again.

I really look forward to discussing the series and the work of David Lynch and I hope we get along very well at this damn fine website.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Post by Snogster707 »

Snogster707 here. Uses to be snoghumangerm, but didn't write down password so i had to reregister. Has been missing in action due to the fact that I no longer had dsl. I shared it with my neighbor and she decided to get rid of it. So I got net connection via a data package on my cell. However, I couldn't view bbs's well on it and couldn't reply on the boards. Now I have bought an iPad, got a data package for it and here I am! I missed this place.
Cryptx

Post by Cryptx »

Hello there, I'm philippe from Paris (france) i'm a massive fan of David Lynch since Blue Velvet came out, i was 17 at the time ^^
I come to this site sometimes but i've never been here to this forum so i have a lot to read right now which is cool, it's always a pleasure to meet fans all around the world. ;-)

So glad to be here ^^
Leo K
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leo K »

HI everyone! I've been wanting to register for a long time and finally took the plunge.

I was born in 1970. Born and raised in Minnesota, USA...now live in Arizona. I have a BA in Animation and make small shorts for film festivals.

I became a fan after seeing Fire Walk With Me in August of 1992. Before this I vaguely knew of Twin Peaks. I worked Thursday nights so missed the show while it aired in its prime. But after seeing Fire Walk With Me my life was literally changed. Of course I HAD to see the series, and later when I finally saw the first season on Worldvision video (well, at first I only found the first five episodes and the pilot at a Blockbuster) I was deeply hooked. IN the mid-ninties I finally bought that VHS box on six tapes and saw the whole series. What a time that was.

I'm also I big fan of Lynch's comic strip The Angriest Dog in the World.
Yasdnil
Roadhouse Member

Post by Yasdnil »

My name is Lindsay. I joined here about a month and a bit ago, but I'd been lurking for a while! I'm so glad to be here! :)

I live in Edmonton, Alberta. I first saw Twin Peaks when I was a very young child, and it scared me so much that I avoided films starring Kyle MacLachlan or characters named Laura or Bob for YEARS. It was only over Christmas that I started watching the series and absolutely fell in love with it. Since then, I've been quite addicted to the show, and much of what David Lynch has done in addition to that.

Other than these pursuits, I play guitar and piano and listen to The Beatles quite regularly. I have a BA in English/Philosophy and a BEd (Secondary) in English Language Arts/Art. I'm married to a wonderful guy (it'll be a year next month!) and he is also a bit TP fan! I've travelled a lot in BC so one of the things that really drew me to Twin Peaks was the setting, because it reminded me so much of places I'd been as a child.

Hope to get to know soon! :)
“I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.”
Blackout0189

Post by Blackout0189 »

Hi, I'm Blackout.

I wasn't aware of this forum's existence until today. I used to go to TP Gazette, thinking it was the only functioning TP forum out there.

I recently got into Twin Peaks. Very recently, in fact, I think it was in April this year that I finally watched the pilot. I finished the series in the beginning of the summer and then watched the prequel, which made me watch all of Lynch's other great films. I'm glad to have join this board.

Cheers!
Last edited by Blackout0189 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B_M

Post by B_M »

Actually, Annie notified me about this thread. B_M is the shortcut for BimberMistrz, the nick I've been using for a long time. I'm from Poland. The main reason I've joined this board is Twin Peaks. I've known the series for quite a long time, but I must say I've fully "experienced" it recently. Earlier I had watched several episodes but was never able not to miss a few. I've watched it almost entirely like 5 years ago. During these 5 years I've become earnestly interested in films. That means when I watch a movie, I try to analyze every single frame of it - the emotions, the music, montage, filming techniques etc. Luckily, I can turn this mode off when I want ;) My another interest (well, passion actually) is film music. I don't remember which one was first.

What's more related to this board, I've watched some DL movies since then. If my memory's correct, "Mulholland Dr." was the first movie that challenged me. I tried to analyze it, watched it precisely - and since then I do it with almost every movie (thank you DL). Also watching TP after Blue Velvet is enlightening. TP may be considered a longer, more developed TV version of Blue Velvet. And Audrey is Jeffrey Beaumont. For me it was definitely purposeful - and the closet scene is just a signal to point out this parallel.

What disturbs me a little is a fascination with Sherilyn Fenn (you see, I couldn't even write an introduction post without mentioning her character). Just before my recent marathon I could not point out a favourite TP character (Cooper? Albert? Truman? I don't know). Mostly because I didn't remember much from it (which is understandable - improper approach + 5 years of break). But now I can doubtlessly say that Audrey is my unchallenged favorite. I still can't get over the second season's script alteration. It was never the same after that. I would say that Sherilyn Fenn was Audrey in the first 16 episodes and only played her in successive 12 episodes. Nevertheless, she is simply stunning and her acting adds even more layers to Audrey character's complexity. And now I feel I won't rest until I watch every single movie with her ;)
SMILLSOID
Roadhouse Member

Post by SMILLSOID »

Hi Lynchophiles!

I'm Smillsoid - a recent convert to the World of Lynch (thanks to my wife, Sharon). We run a Stanley Kubrick forum (see signature), and would appreciate it if anyone from here would nip over there and contribute. Thanks.

Right - "Wild at Heart" again... :D
The Stanley Kubrick Forum - http://stanleykubrick.yuku.com
Billiam

Post by Billiam »

Hi everyone, my name is Bill, and this is just something real quick to get started....

I'm an artist living in Southern California ( :( ), hopefully headed for Hawaii sometime soon. Been here in SoCal most of my life and I'm done with it.

Been a Lynchophile since I first saw Eraserhead on or around 1980. Always loved the northwest as well, I lived in Bremerton, Washington for a short while when I was 14, (that was the 70's).

I had an art studio/gallery in Laguna Beach for several years in the 90's, where I sold paintings that had a very Edward Hopperish feel to them, desert scenes, highways, small towns at night....but must also admit that Lynch's scenarios in his movies are just as influential as anything else. .... in 1992 I planned a weekend trip to Snoqualmie/North Bend to get more ideas for paintings, and serendipitously, I scheduled my flight for the weekend of the first Twin Peaks Festival. :o

Great weekend, I was there for most of the activities, but I had to catch my flight back home on Sunday afternoon, so I missed the US premiere of TP:FWWM and missed the fun at the Winery, as well. :(

Got to meet the cast at the Dinner with the Stars at the Salish Lodge, got a personalized autograph card from Catherine Coulsen, got my FWWM poster by entering the pie-eating contest (I nibbled at the pie, so I had a cherry pie to bring home as well :P ), ended up in the background on various news shows, and also went to the "prop sale" that was held in a flea-market style building, the nondescript white building across the street from the Mar-T Cafe, with the curved corner....you see it in a few shots on TP, when they show the intersection at night. Anyway, it was mostly a pile of junk in one corner, and the lady said it was stuff that was rented for dressing sets or locations used in FWWM, with no guarantee that props for sale made it into the final cut. I saw a coffee percolator, though, and thought that it would be a nice souvenir from "Twin Peaks", if nothing else, and it fit it with my 50's decor at the time..... a 50's style anodized aluminum West Bend, with a copper tint. ...when watching the movie a couple months later, it turns up sitting on a shelf behind Keifer Sutherland in the Deer Meadow Morgue Scene. :mrgreen:

I did quite a few paintings from the pics and video I gathered from that trip and will share when I get some time.... These days I'm all over the place doing graphic design, and I have a painting on my easel (sold) of a scene painted from memory of my time living on Olympic Peninsula. The bare beginnings of that is on my blog right now, but that pic was several days ago, and I need to post updates, as it's nearly finished.

I'll be back with pics of that, the coffee pot, and start sharing..... just wanted to get my feet wet and say hi, and look forward to discussing things that we all share a common love for.

Cheers! :D

~Bill

http://www.facebook.com/wtodd

http://williamtoddart.blogspot.com/
"I can't understand a word you're saying, you have a thing in your mouth!"
Killer Bob

Post by Killer Bob »

Hello,
My name is Mike and I just found out about this website about a week ago.

I started watching Twin Peaks after the first season. My brother watched it from the get-go, but I don't remember how I came to watch it though.
Luckily he had recorded the first season on VHS and I was able to watch it before the second season started.

My fondest memories are of watching and re-watching the episodes with him to see if we missed anything!

My brother passed away in '97, and though we weren't real close, I'll always cherish those memories of watching TP with him inches from the TV set so we wouldn't miss anything!
Roger
Roadhouse Member

Post by Roger »

Greetings all,

Just a quick little intro.
If you'd like to know more about me then read my posts. :P

I'm a huge Doctor Who fan from way back and live in Florida -USA-.

DUNE and Twin Peaks got me hooked on David Lynch's work and inspire me in my hobby as a film maker.
I'm trying to get a little horror host show going with my Doctor Xombie character. If you are into Saturday afternoon monster movies give it a look.

I've only jumped into a couple sections of the forums so far but will eventually terrorize them all.
-Roger

"If you don't clean up. You're screwed."- David Lynch - LAMP

Read my new book on horror host Dr. Paul Bearer:
https://www.createspace.com/4132884

Doctor Xombie Horror Host:
ww.DOCTORXOMBIE.com