Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
morrissey

Re: Introductions

Post by morrissey »

Hello, I'm new to the forum so I wanted to introduce myself. I live in Nashville, although I am originally from Nebraska. I've been a Twin Peaks fan since it first aired when I was 14. I gradually fell in love with all of David Lynch's films, especially in college when a professor friend started showing them to me. Blue Velvet is my favorite. I am a librarian and that has had me moving around a bit, mostly in the midwest. I'm glad to be here and I've already had some questions answered by you fine folks so thank you!
Why are there people like Frank?
SonnyBaker

Post by SonnyBaker »

Hi, I'm Sonny. I live in Toronto, Ontario. Really big Lynch fan.
Are we falling in love?
MargaretLanternman

Post by MargaretLanternman »

Hi everyone! ML here, yet another refugee from the Gazette. I'm glad there is a place like this to discuss the works of David Lynch, but especially Twin Peaks -- I feel like there is infinite discussion potential with it! :mrgreen:
MatCult

Post by MatCult »

Hi all,

My name's Mat. I've been a huge fan of David Lynch ever since Twin Peaks hit the UK more than 20 years ago.

Recently, events have tranpired to rekindle my interest in all things Lynch:
First, I received this T-Shirt as an unexpected gift:

And secondly I found Inland Empire (the only one of his films I hadn't seen) in a bargain bin at HMV.

As we all know, "when two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry, we must always pay strict attention". So here I am!
Last edited by MatCult on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I just thought I would say hello. I just found out about this board/site, I posted on alt.tv.twin-peaks many moons ago, and thought Twin Peaks was basically dead online. Then, I just saw new HD transfers uploaded to Hulu (which are stunning by the way) and started investigating whether a blu-ray Definitive Gold Box set was in the works. I'm glad to see twinpeaks.org still exists as well because it has a lot of the old Usenet stuff on it, although the final.episode transcript is offline now. I would give many, many kudos to anyone who could direct me to it if it still exists anywhere.

Anyway, I hope to stick around for awhile, at least until Cooper gets out of the Black Lodge in 2014.
T41PAN

Post by T41PAN »

Hi everyone,

I came across the site whilst looking for any updated info on those mystical 'deleted scenes'. :shock:

The site looks great and I am planning a few hours aside to read through some of the discussion and wealth of information on the forums.

Regards,
Greg
DLW
Roadhouse Member

Post by DLW »

Hello Fellow Lynchians!

I just wanted to say hi before i began posting here. My name is Steven, i live in Oregon, the extremely rainy side of the country. I am an avid David Lynch fan, i feel in love with first the atmosphere and feeling of his work, his music choices which beautifully picked for every feeling he wants to convey. The bizarre story-lines and interweaving characters surrounded in a constant world of symbolism and enigma! I will try and post my best and honest opinions and thought about anything David Lynch related. I hope you guys are alright with one more lynchian in the crowd!

I am a musician by heart and a barista by day and Lynchian forever. I play violin and piano, with violin being my main instrument. I play with several community symphonies over the year my favorite is playing the music for a nutcracker performance for 9 years now. I am a bit of a night owl and a technology fascinated life-form. I'm not sure what most people like to know about others, so if you have any questions feel free to message me(as this is just an introduction topic and not for conversations).

Thank you for having this forum available! I wish i had known about this community before i started my forum! Very cool community here! Thank you again for having me here!

-Steven
HoodedMatt
Roadhouse Member

Post by HoodedMatt »

!kcor s'teL

Hullo! I'm Matt, 34, and I'm an ex-pat Brit living in Finland. I've not been a fan of Twin Peaks and Mr Lynch for all that long, only six or seven weeks, but I was drawn in to the world of the show so hard and fast that it feels like I've been a fan for years! Aside from TP and FWWM, I've only seen Dune and Lost Highway so far.

Can't wait to get more involved :D
RiC

Post by RiC »

HoodedMatt wrote:!kcor s'teL

Hullo! I'm Matt, 34, and I'm an ex-pat Brit living in Finland. I've not been a fan of Twin Peaks and Mr Lynch for all that long, only six or seven weeks, but I was drawn in to the world of the show so hard and fast that it feels like I've been a fan for years! Aside from TP and FWWM, I've only seen Dune and Lost Highway so far.

Can't wait to get more involved :D
Why are you living in Finland? :) And welcome.

I've been reading this board for years now, but joined just now. I'm 21 year old man from Finland, and I've been a David Lynch fan my whole life. I remember that Twin Peaks' opening made a huge impression on me when I was only couple years old. I've seen pretty much everything possible that's linked to Lynch or his stuff, but there's one thing that I'm a little bit ashamed of. Up to date, I haven't seen Eraserhead or ever watched Dune completely to the end...
plushsafehethink

Post by plushsafehethink »

Wanted to say hi! I'm Justin and have been a Lynch fan for over 20 years. As a kid in the 90s I was part of the signature collection that the fanzine 'Wrapped in Plastic' was getting to inspire the release of the extra FWWM footage. I'm beside myself that tomorrow is the day we all get to view the scenes :D
I felt compelled to put this together last night…

-J
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

plushsafehethink wrote:Wanted to say hi! I'm Justin and have been a Lynch fan for over 20 years. As a kid in the 90s I was part of the signature collection that the fanzine 'Wrapped in Plastic' was getting to inspire the release of the extra FWWM footage. I'm beside myself that tomorrow is the day we all get to view the scenes :D
I felt compelled to put this together last night…

-J
That's awesome! Nicely done! It sure is a great time for TP fans with the release of this set.

Welcome to the board Justin! :D
plushsafehethink

Post by plushsafehethink »

Thanks!
HoodedMatt
Roadhouse Member

Post by HoodedMatt »

RiC wrote:
HoodedMatt wrote: Why are you living in Finland? :) And welcome.
I'm married to a Finn :) We talked it through and me moving here made more sense than her moving to Britain!
Carl
RR Diner Member

Post by Carl »

Hey, again.
Glad to be back in touch.
IE is the most interesting Lynch film to me, though I think MD is 'better'.

Here's my fiction; should be free.
herofix

Post by herofix »

Hello,

I spent a few years on the Twin Peaks Gazette. Obviously, the recent news made me want to participate in Twin Peaks discussions again.

I am an American ex-pat living permanently in Scotland.