Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
LogWifie

Re: Introductions

Post by LogWifie »

Wherever Herofix lands, surely LogWifie must follow...
Twin Peaks has such a lot to answer for.
LonleyMan

Post by LonleyMan »

Hi everyone I came across this site a one or two years ago but I've decided to join just now.
I saw TP for the first time when I had 5-6 years ago and I remember that moment throught the mist but it was enought to fall in love with this world. Still I'd like to go deeper into that world of TP when I have a time to watch the series once again.
Ohh I didn't mention I come from central Europe.
PeaksFreak16

Post by PeaksFreak16 »

Hi, I'm PeaksFreak16 and I'm a new member here, posting from Greece.
Perhaps you won't see me around for too long, I'm still learning the ropes of this forum.
Truth is, I only registered for Twin Peaks. I'm a great fan of the show, and I can't wait for the comeback in 2016! :)
Besides Twin Peaks, I love watching Scooby-Doo (been a fan since I was 5 years old) and Avatar, especially Legend of Korra.
The latest Scooby show, "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated", had some references in Twin Peaks, mainly the waiting room (called 'sitting room' in the show), and the Man from Another Place. A dancing dwarf with similar speech and voiced by none other than Michael J. Anderson!
Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97AKy7mViBg[/youtube]
In other words, I learnt about Twin Peaks from Scooby-Doo! :)
So, as you may understand, I have quite an obsession with the world of Twin Peaks, especially the Black Lodge (proud to see the Venus of Milo decorating the place! ;D), as well as the characters involved, like the Man from Another Place, Bob, Laura Plamer, the Giant, and of course, Agent Cooper.
I have the complete series, the Gold Box Edition (got it for my birthday this March), but I'm still searching for the movie on DVD. At leasyt I hope to buy the new episodes when they come out on DVD.
Outside TV, I enjoy relaxing with some good music (whatever I have, as long as it doesn't make me fall asleep - with a few exceptions of great slow songs) and reading a good mystery or sci-fi book. Currently, I'm reading Lirael, the second book of a series by Garth Nix (in English), and a book of Edgar Allan Poe's stories (in Greek), who is my favorite author.

I really look forward to posting more here! :)
P.S. I sort of don't get what kind of an image I cna upload for an avatar... Can someone help me out?
It is happening again.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: New member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

PeaksFreak16 wrote:I have the complete series, the Gold Box Edition (got it for my birthday this March), but I'm still searching for the movie on DVD. At leasyt I hope to buy the new episodes when they come out on DVD.
It may be worth selling the Gold Box online (I think you can get a good price for it) and re-investing in the blu-ray set which, last I checked runs about $50 more (I got it for $90 and the GB was going for $40 this summer). You get the film, better quality episodes, and a bunch of great features, not least of which is 90 minutes of deleted scenes from the film!
Xryztofer

New member intro

Post by Xryztofer »

Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the forum but also new to Twin Peaks. I never watched it when it was on TV (I was about 16 back then) and never gave it a second thought when people mentioned it a few times in college. I always thought it was just some teen romance show or something silly like that. Fast forward to just last week. I came across a picture online tagged as a scene from FWWM, so I did a quick google search to see what that was, and found that someone had uploaded the full movie to a website, which I then spent the afternoon watching. I must have asked myself "What in God's name am I watching?!" about two dozen times. I've never done drugs, but I have to think that an acid trip must feel something like how I felt while watching that movie. But I was really intrigued by all the weirdness and wanted to figure out what it was all about, so I got myself a Netflix account and, inside of three days, watched both seasons from beginning to end. I'm now totally obsessed, and the fact that I discovered TP almost simultaneously with the announcement of the third season coming in 2016 is one of the strangest bits of synchronicity I've experienced in a while.

So here's to a year and a half full of anticipation and looking forward to Coop's redemption!

-Chris
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Re: New member intro

Post by BOB1 »

1. Always very interesting to meet someone who came across Fire Walk With Me before the series. For many reasons that has to be a unique perspective that myself I can hardly imagine!

I got myself a Netflix account and, inside of three days, watched both seasons from beginning to end
That is something even harder to imagine (for me). Because:
a) when I watched it first time it was one episode a week and it was perfect so whenever I would show it to someone else I took special care of repeating this pattern
b) I'm a hell of a traditionalist so if something worked one way I am reluctant to do it any other way ;)
c) I practically never watch any tv series which are longer than a few episodes (so yes! I watched Band of Brothers and Sherlock :D) because it is totally impossible for me in terms of time

the fact that I discovered TP almost simultaneously with the announcement of the third season coming in 2016 is one of the strangest bits of synchronicity I've experienced in a while
It is indeed!

4. Welcome!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Hi, I've been a Lynch fan since Lost Highway. I used to post on the LynchNet board years ago. I'm another person that saw FWWM before the Twin Peaks series, mostly due to availability at the time.
Jonatan Silva
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jonatan Silva »

Hello everybody,

My name is Jonatan and I'm Brazilian. I love DL works and it's a pleasure to have found this forum.
I joined this place only couple of hours but I'm glad by its contents and people I saw around.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Hi, y'all. Decided to finally join for reasons that ought to be obvious in context (for those reading this 100 years from now, this is the week David Lynch decided to give us all heart attacks by announcing he's pulling out of the quarter-century-delayed Twin Peaks Season 3). I'm surprised not to see more intros this week.

I tuned in to Peaks on its first airing when I was a 17-year-old nerd in the Midwest, and it blew the top off my skull and permanently scrambled my brains. I started renting all the other Lynch films and he became one of my idols, with, like many I think, a brief period of disenchantment in the mid-'90s, in the Great Backlash after the collapse of The Twin Peaks Phenomenon 1.0.

Favorite Lynch: Six Men Getting Sick. Kidding! Blue Velvet, closely followed by Mulholland Dr.

Favorite Frost: um, Storyville? No, I actually haven't seen it. I should get around to checking out his solo stuff.

I should also stake my position on one of the major controversies of the modern era: I am in the ever-shrinking camp who sticks to the original consensus view that FWWM is a bad movie, on the whole. I'll be the last one holding that tattered flag high, years from now.

I live in Brooklyn, New York, work as a corporate cubicle peon in a Manhattan skyscraper, devour film, books, music, theater and art like a whale swimming through the ocean with his maw open sucking down plankton, and occasionally make not-vigorous-enough stabs at my own fiction, screenwriting, playwriting and film criticism. Get in line, right?

Nice place you got here.
wurmheart

Post by wurmheart »

I saw Eater of Iguanas link to his post here so I thought I'd make one too for anyone interested, even though I've already made upwards of 60 posts. I found this website when I was desperately searching for information a couple hours after Lynch said he was quitting the third season. It's been a crazy week on the Twin Peaks front and I don't know what I would have done without this place in these trying times. I discovered Peaks this year and it's consumed my heart and mind ever since. I believe I am on the younger end of the spectrum on this site, as it would still be a few years until I was born while Twin Peaks was airing. However I am of age and I've been a fan of Blue Velvet and several other Lynch films since I was 13. I love television and movies like nothing in the world. Otherwise, I don't know. I quite like this website and I hope my input has been of value to someone :mrgreen:
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: New member intro

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Xryztofer wrote:I came across a picture online tagged as a scene from FWWM, so I did a quick google search to see what that was, and found that someone had uploaded the full movie to a website, which I then spent the afternoon watching. I must have asked myself "What in God's name am I watching?!" about two dozen times. I've never done drugs, but I have to think that an acid trip must feel something like how I felt while watching that movie.
Out of curiosity, was it the 3-hour fanedit, the original film, the deleted scenes, or some other version? I've noticed that a good chunk of people stumbling across it online end up with some other version which is a madness I suppose I am just going to have to make my peace with haha. But I organized this as a guide: http://thedancingimage.blogspot.com/201 ... th-me.html

Welcome to Twin Peaks!
SandWorm19

greetings from VA

Post by SandWorm19 »

Greetings everyone! I am SandWorm19 from Southern Virginia. I just joined up to share my love of Twin Peaks. I am a tattoo artist(16 years) and a firefighter(20 years). I also paint, sculpt and write. I remember watching TP with my family when it first aired but didn't really get into it at the time. I picked up FWWM and season one of TP on dvd when it was first released, and somehow it sat in my dvd collection unwatched until about a month ago. I put on the pilot one night for my wife to watch, and we were instantly hooked. I had no idea about a 3rd season when we started watching, to say that we both are excited is an understatement. I have started a series of TP themed/inspired paintings that I will happily share once they are completed. I will admit I am a big forum lurker. I tend not to post a large amount unless I have something worth adding...but I typically read just about everything posted. I look forward to being a part of this community!
SW19
I like big logs and I can not lie...
Cybershaman

New Here and also From Whence I Did Come Redux...

Post by Cybershaman »

Hello! I was a bad bad man and went far away to introduce myself. I'm weird like that. I sometimes go out into the woods and talk to the trees as if they were people... ;)

OK! Now that I've shown just how odd I am, and hoping that I will fit right on in, let me start by pasting a bit of what I wrote away up in the Twin Peaks section... :P

"I came here after watching the fine video series "Journey Through Twin Peaks" by Joel Bocko (https://vimeo.com/107674294 for those that just might be newer than me!). Afterward, he directed me to come and meet you, the fine denizens here. I had quite the journey indeed! I recently got the itch to revisit Twin Peaks and was fortunate enough not to be able to find a download on the Net anywhere. Sooooo... Things seemingly began falling into place after that... After I found a good deal on the latest Blu-ray release of TP I decided that I had to get Laura's diary too. So I got that on order as well and thought I would search around for some videos on YouTube in order to quench my thirst for all things TP while I waited for my items to arrive. I found the "Journey..." vids quite by accident and suddenly found myself locked into what turned out to be a multi-day event. After taking it in by bits and pieces I finally arrived at the end. I was most pleased, to say the least! My appetite temporarily slaked, I asked the good man if he could direct me somewhere where there was good conversation with like minded individuals. And so, that is how it came to pass that I found my humble way here."

(sorry for the cut/paste. my fingers are tired.) ;)

Anyhoo, it's a pleasure to make everyone's acquaintance! Can't wait to start chewing the fat over the more obscure to the most major items of this our most favorite banquet of delicious tidbits, odds, ends, and various other little precious whatnots... :)
Speaking from the third eye of the society machine.
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

Hi all. Long time lurker. Probably since last October announcement. Felt like joining the board now that things really are 'happening'. Cannot wait for this new season. Going to be a dream come true.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Hello all. Just found out about this forum through /r/twinpeaks on reddit.

I discovered Twin Peaks two years ago via Netflix. I'd heard about it numerous times since the release of 2010's Deadly Premonition for the Xbox 360 since all the reviews were comparing the game to the show. When I saw it on Netflix I gave it a shot. My wife fell asleep about five minutes in, but I was hooked.

In 2014 I went to the Twin Peaks Fest in North Bend, WA with my mom who is also a big fan.

Can't wait for season 3!
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.