Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Azemaria Jones

Post by Azemaria Jones »

Hello all, my name is Sidonie (Ahem....) I'm 31 and live in the Est of france. I have discovered David Lynch with Twin Peaks, when i was Teenager, when it eared on a chanel who does not exist any more today. I'm totaly and definitively addict since that time.

Twin Peaks comes first for me, in my heart, but I like his other movies, particularly Fire Walk With Me and Mulholland Drive (which look like TP in numerous aspects). And finaly after long long years of wait the season 1 is going to be release in france, in september, Yeah!

I'm glad to have found this site, it's a gold mine for the fans !
4_8_15_16_23_42
Ben Linus suporter.
DreadDub

Hello Everyone...

Post by DreadDub »

Hello...
Basic intro-
30 years old. Got into Lynch in college and haven't been able to shake free of him since. Live in New Orleans. I really enjoy playing/recording music with fellow movie lovers who were born too late into this world just as me.

If you have the time, check out a brand new (recorded last weekend) song inspired by Twin Peaks...
www.myspace.com/theprojections
motoko
Roadhouse Member

Post by motoko »

Hi! I'm Mike from New York. 33 years old, retired off NYPD. First introduced to Lynch through Dune however my love truly blossomed on April 8, 1990. Been a fan ever since and love everything Lynch has done. Who in their right mind wouldn't??
Dantalian

Post by Dantalian »

Hi, my name is Kevin, I'm a graphic designer and I live in Canada.
Before I became a designer I worked for HMV for 14 years.
I like to collect old lp's for their cover art, vintage toys, and into
low brow art, tiki, hot rod and tattoo culture.

I have been a David Lynch fan since first seeing Eraserhead at midnight
showings at a refurbished adult theatre called the Festival back in 1979
and 1980. One memorable show (or what I can remember, this was quite
a while ago and under the influence) was the pairing of Toronto muscian
Nash The Slash (who dresses up like the invisible man and plays electric
violin and mandolin) with the film. He came out first and stood in front of
the screen and played while they showed Un Chien Andalou behind him.
When his show was finished they screened Eraserhead.

Here is my ticket stub and a poster for the show:

Chip Rock

Post by Chip Rock »

Hello.
My name's Dave, I'm 30, and my interest in all things Lynch has gradually increased over the past few years. My first experience, I think, was seeing Fire Walk With Me on the telly. My parents had liked Twin Peaks the series so I ended up watching it with them. I think I got more out of it than they had even though I hadn't seen the series! To this day FWWM remains my favourite Lynch film.
I've popped by Dugpa.com more than a few times - mainly chasing info on INLAND EMPIRE and the release of Twin Peaks Series 2. Thought I'd
Cheers guys.
scimanq2

posted in wrong place

Post by scimanq2 »

this is my first post so before i tell of my master plan which might be already in the process of fruition or a little ahead of its time let me tell you of my once obsession that has turned into wanting to express how thankful i am to david along with dugpa and everything that they both have done. i am only 19 years old and in the process of trying to repay them both in the only way i know how. You see i have been checking on dugpa's page atleast 4X a week and can see how lynch is soon going to get the recognition he deserves. You people are the only ones that can understand how much he means to someone like me who has only seen his films atleast once.

Hands are cramping up so better get to the point that might not make any sense

My date with drew meets david lynch
underground style
Darth Bowie

Post by Darth Bowie »

Hi! I'm from Los Angeles. I've been a DL fan since I was 13 (1990). I've been visiting this site since 2002.

:D
TravisD

Post by TravisD »

Sorry I missed this when I signed up....

Name is my name....and I live in the (original) home of Country Music,Bristol TN.

Lynch has effected me since Elephant Man,......and I've never missed anything since.

Hope to yak about him and his work for many moons here in this lovely place(Thanks again Dugpa for the site!).
Just a little higher there,Bucky......
andrewajk

Post by andrewajk »

hello, i am ak.
i have loved lynch since 1996 when i watched all twin peaks series on video with a friend. this is my favourite of his work to this day but i have loved pretty much everything he has done. the films that effected me the most on viewing were lost highway and inland empire. i am lucky to have a number of lynch-loving friends who ican discuss his work with.
thanks for the site dugpa, i have used it as my first source for lynch-news since mike dunn's theblacklodge site went down some years ago but just set myself up on the board now...
ak
angrydog

Post by angrydog »

Hello.

My name's Ben. I've been one of those nasty lurking people for a while, so thought I'd put a stop to that.
I'm a freelance musician and amateur film maker and currently find myself living in the UK where my ongoing attempts at growing a money tree are proving unsuccessful.
David Lynch has been part of my life practically my entire life, I just wasn't aware of it. I was a huge Dune fan when I was little you see. Didn't become properly interested in his stuff until I was 14 when I saw Eraserhead for the first time.

Knowing me, this may very well be the first and last post I make on here. So make the most of it...

Bye for now...

Angrydog
jon

LYNCH documentary producer

Post by jon »

Hi Everyone,

Glad to be on this terrific site. I'm the producer of the new documentary, LYNCH(one). I'm based out of Denmark, though I am an American. We're really excited to finally have LYNCH(one) begin it's US screenings. It's been a long road and now it's time for the show to go on. I'm quite busy taking the film to various film festivals, but I will try and come on here as often as time allows. (days might go by without a word from me)

I'll try and keep everyone updated on the progress of the screenings and discuss various ways in which we can get LYNCH (one) to screen in a town near you. What I won't be able to do is: pass on personal messages, give away spoilers, explanations, meanings and anything that is personal about myself or anyone involved with the film. Nothing personal, just think it's best to leave things mysterious.

As you may already know--we will be self distributing this film. Grassroots all the way! But we're counting on people's support to help get the word out. I'll be in London, Norway and Moscow the next 10 days, so if anyone is around--please come and say "hello" The director, blackANDwhite will be in New York City for the premier at the IFC center and than at the AFI festival in LA in November.

Right now we're focusing all our energy on NYC because it is a major spring board for us. Let your friends know that the director will share his popcorn with them if they show up to support us.

Really happy to be on here--now I'm off to enjoy my afternoon coffee.

ps. LYNCH(one) and LYNCH 2 are entirely different films and do not share any of the same footage.

www.lynchdocumentary.com
www.myspace.com/lynchdocumentary2007
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=544843873
http://www.fugly.com/media/flashdir/Gam ... e_Game.swf
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

Hello all! My name is Coltan and I'm an 18 year old college student who lives in BEAUTIFUL Western Washington, in a city just about 10 miles South of Snoqualmie, (where much of the Twin Peaks pilot and Fire Walk With Me were filmed!)

Also... I am friends with (and used to have a bit of a romance for) the daughter of David Boushey, the stunt coordinator on Blue Velvet, the Twin Peaks Pilot, and Fire Walk With Me (as well as several X-Files episodes, and the game) so I was able to befriend him and learn a lot about his work.

But despite all this I had never seen a David Lynch production!!! I rented Blue Velvet (on a whim after reading that a scene in it inspired a scene from Silent Hill 2) and liked it very much.

This last June my dad finally purchased the first season of Twin Peaks (from England so I could see the pilot) and we watched an episode a night. After making my way through the second season, it is now most definitely my favorite show (or film... or work of art for that matter, with Cerebus coming in at second place) EVER!!!!

In fact, I designed my own personal myspace after the Red Room, and Laura Palmer's murder. Check it out if you'd like!

www.myspace.com/RCPDzombiekiller

Anyways, I'm a nice, empathetic guy, pretty enthusiastic, and just a little bit over-opinionated (though in a more positive way; I'll defend season 2 of Twin Peaks to the death). I'm an animation enthusiast, avid comic book reader, fan of new wave and brit-pop music, and action figure collector (I have ever Muppet Show figure ever made).

My favorite Twin Peaks characters are Maddy Ferguson, Albert Rosenfield, Leo Johnson, Dale Cooper, and Annie Blackburn.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

Hey all,
I have posted a few times, but never done a proper introduction. I have been a TP fan for about 10 years now. Love FWWM, Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway. I went up to Snoqualmie for the first time (1st time to the Pacific Northwest at all) this summer and posted a few photos on my myspace page. (www.myspace.com/williebfly) Nothing revolutionary, but pretty cool to see the locations now. Just wanted to say hello officially :)
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Hello from San Diego. I'm Tonya and always go by my first name and last initial at the boards I hang out on (except MySpace - I'm not sure why it turned out that way, where I'm just Tonya).

I grew up near San Diego but was away for a long time, living in No. Calif., Oregon and Seattle, returning in 2003. I'm an actor by avocation but haven't done any performing since leaving Seattle, mostly due to finances and not having a car. I enjoy writing as therapy, self-expression, and just having fun. I'd like to do something with it but not sure how to make a start. I love to read, listen to music, read plays, going to theatre productions when I have the $$$.

As you can imagine, finally stopping in here by way of MySpace a few weeks ago to check out Dugpa and promote Richard Beymer's book which is due out soon on Amazon.com, I'm quite the David Lynch fan and cinephile. Ah Eraserhead, first film of David's I ever saw, thy other name is beauty. 1977, I remember it well.

I always think of David's films like the story of Athena, leaping from Zeus' forehead, fully clothed and armored, her birth unique. A quintessentially unique artist whose films are seriously strange, beautiful, and mysterious.

I'm having fun slowly looking around Dugpa as I have time. And right now, today, that is a welcome distraction with the horrible wildfires burning nearby.

~~ Tonya
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Hello everybody. I'm obsessed with Lynch since i was a kid (about 5 y.o.), i watched Twin Peaks on the old TV in the dark together with my family, and at the same time i was listening to the first soundtrack tape everyday. I live with that world in my mind till now (i'm 19), and i guess i became a dreamy person because of that, it has affected me so much back then.
Now i'm a Lynch fan, always looking for the news about him, collecting his music and films. The Inland Empire movie became my second favorite, really suits my mood and thoughts, and i think this new style of filming is truly unique and beautiful.

The thing i really like to do these times is to watch all the movies in English, so i can hear the real voices and learn something new everytime (i'm russian, by the way. now living in Israel).
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.