True Blood

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
dugpa
Site Admin

True Blood

Post by dugpa »

Has anyone caught this Series on HBO yet? I caught the first two episodes and am totally hooked. It's been a long time since I've seen a decent vampire film/tv series. So what do you all think?

-B
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: True Blood

Post by Annie »

Damn! A vampire series on HBO and I don't have cable! I guess I never divulged my love of most vampire things on here; but I'm pretty picky. I'm really just an Anne Rice junky and got spoiled.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
neverwakingworld
Roadhouse Member

Post by neverwakingworld »

I did want to see it and had heard about it online then I heard the guy who played Milton in Office Space was in it and so i decided not to see it . The only casting news I have been more disappointed by is that Mike Myers is in Inglorious Bastards.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Ooh, I just found the website, and it looks really good. And Anna Paquin is the star! Maybe I can fanagle getting cable back before February...Image
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Off-topic, but...
neverwakingworld wrote:I did want to see it and had heard about it online then I heard the guy who played Milton in Office Space was in it and so i decided not to see it.
You're NUTS! :shock: One of the best comedies of the last twenty years by far. Writer\Director Mike Judge just doesn't get enough credit. "Um.... yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh, if you could do that, that would be just great." Genius, if only for this sequence.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Owls

Post by Owls »

I have read all of the books and was pleased with Allan Ball and he did a great job even if the show does not follow true to the books.
The campy style of the show is in nice balance as well.
I am excited to see season 2 and I hear that season 1 will be out on DVD in May 2009.
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

I'm in the process of downloading both seasons, which I can't wait to watch. I've only managed to watch a few episodes from the 2nd season on the tv, and it's pretty good. I'm an avid Six Feet Under fan so was ecstatic to hear Alan Ball was embarking on another project.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Didn't realise we had a True Blood thread! I'm a pretty big fan. Only discovered it properly last year, but now I'm all caught up and eagerly awaiting the new series.

The writing is really excellent, but it just looks sooo good too! And don't even get me started on the titles... perfect! In the mean time, I'm catching up with Dexter :wink:
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

I thought the third season was horrid. I'll watch the fourth one out of curiosity.