Urban Exploration and a D. Lynch Influenced artistic video

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Urban Exploration and a D. Lynch Influenced artistic video

Post by Auggeo »

Hello,

I am a Lynch fan and also a urban explorer. Do you guys know what urban exploration is about? it has to do with a clandestine (more or less) that deals with exploring decayed buildings and abandoned industrial structure. Well, im an avid urban explorer. Im from Portugal and i have created allong with a friend a group called GEUD (Urban Exploration Group) in which we explore old buildings. Besides taking photographs we also record some film in those places. Essentially i try the capture the essence of the areas...such as the loneliness, the creepiness and the decadence.
The film "Lighthouse" was build up from footage and photographs we took on the place and i would like to divulge with you my concept of Urban Exploration (its an artistic approach, actually).
This is a film we have made on an actually abandoned lighthouse in São Jorge Island. It was evacuated in 1983, following the earthquakes that plagues frequently the whole central group of the archipelago.
I hope you like it.
Im opened to critics and sugestions. I must warn you thought..the film is very amateurish. My next film will be released shortly (it was filmed on an abandoned touristic resort.
Oh, by the way, the film is in portuguese, but it was more built in imagery, so you willl not have a problem following it. (i will try to add subtitles soon).

http://www.youtube...atch?v=45NfJY2zpCo - For the film
http://www.uer.ca - Urban Exploration Website.
Cheers and i will be waiting for feedback.
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Re: Urban Exploration and a D. Lynch Influenced artistic video

Post by Black Rose »

The link to the video doesn't seem to work.
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: Urban Exploration and a D. Lynch Influenced artistic video

Post by Annie »

Nope, it sure doesn't.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.