John Waters Fans

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Annie
Global Moderator

John Waters Fans

Post by Annie »

I know some of you have got to also be John Waters Fans. He's only 63 and is talking about retirement; David doesn't have to, so why should he?????

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News ... o_Retire_/
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Re: John Waters Fans

Post by mixomatosis »

I think that link pretty much answers your question - he wants to work on his art and writing. He doesn't have to retire, but he wants to. Seems fair enough to me; I'm sure Hairspray alone means he's rich enough to afford it. And given his standard rate of production, it's going to be a few years before he finishes those two films anyway.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

OK, so my bad for not reading the article I posted! I'd still like to see more by him. Any other fans???
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

A JOHN WATERS CHRISTMAS

Like a wayward Santa for the Christmas obsessed, legendary filmmaker and raconteur John Waters rides into town on his sleigh full of smut this December spreading yuletide cheer with his critically acclaimed one-man show, "A John Waters Christmas".

Putting the "X"in Xmas, Waters rapid-fire monologue explores and explodes traditional archetypes as he shares his compulsive desire to give and receive perverted gifts, a religious fanaticism for Santa Claus, and an unhealthy love of true crime holiday horror stories. Delving into his passion for lunatic exploitation Christmas movies and the unhealthy urge to remake all his own films into seasonal children's classics, "The Pope of Trash"will give you a Joyeaux Noel like no other.

John Waters is the quintessence of cult films and the 'midnight movies' phenomenon, and his films--which range from Mondo Trasho, Pink Flamingos, and Female Trouble, via the original Hairspray that inspired the successful Broadway show of the same name, to A Dirty Shame and Cry Baby, the breakthrough-film of a tender-faced Johnny Depp, are eternal classics.

December 22 at 8 PM--enter to win free tickets.

For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit:
http://www.bbkingblues.com

Copyright © 2009 Village Voice LLC "¢ 36 Cooper Square "¢ New York NY 10003