Ren and stimpy's 'i love log' commercials

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Ren and stimpy's 'i love log' commercials

Post by Snogster707 »

Lol, these are just hysterically funny. And very random, unless writer mr krikfalusi is referencing tp's log lady.
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Re: Ren and stimpy's 'i love log' commercials

Post by mixomatosis »

I doubt it was TP pilfered. John K is (or certainly was) far too creative to do that. I heard somewhere that during his time on Ren and Stimpy he had a rule for the animators to never use the same facial expression twice. Doubt he succeeded, but it's a bold gambit nonetheless.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Re: Ren and stimpy's 'i love log' commercials

Post by Snogster707 »

Indeed, mr k has a beyond quirky sence of humor. And, yes, when I'd watched the extras on one of the DVDs it was said that there purportedly wasn't any repeats of facial expressions.

Just wild that he'd think of logs anyway. I have a very weird sence of humor and adore the absurd and random, but I doubt I'd ever think of 'Log' ever...

But many of us have influences, and just wondered if mr kricfalusi's was either taken from 'peaks or from a documentary on public tv about a young women who'd spent much of her life having been severely sensorily deprived by her whack job parents. The only phrase the woman was able to utter was ' I love log'. Odd.