FRINGE

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Exy
Roadhouse Member

FRINGE

Post by Exy »

Am I the only person who watches FRINGE - it often reminds me of Twin Peaks, and there have been direct references to it at times, along with a wealth of other knowing quotes and nods to classic fantasy/SciFi material.

Any other fans of the show lurking here?
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Re: FRINGE

Post by Indifferent43 »

I loved the first two seasons, but haven't watched past the 4th episode of season three. I didn't like how they focused on the alternate world, with little or no focus on Walter and his cow.
Exy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Exy »

Indifferent43 wrote:I loved the first two seasons, but haven't watched past the 4th episode of season three. I didn't like how they focused on the alternate world, with little or no focus on Walter and his cow.
I thought that at first, but trust me, stick with it get past epsiode 6 and you'll be rewarded there is loads more Walter to come, and the focus shifts back to the trio and a lot less "red" time and more "blue" time, episode 10 has an outright Twin Peaks reference you've got to see!
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

Now you've just given me motivation to watch again, although I'll have to start from the beginning of the season to get the feel for it again.

I heard the finale is going to be interesting, with the son being a "chosen one", or something along those lines.
Exy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Exy »

Indifferent43 wrote:Now you've just given me motivation to watch again, although I'll have to start from the beginning of the season to get the feel for it again.

I heard the finale is going to be interesting, with the son being a "chosen one", or something along those lines.
I have just watched the finale of season 3, the high points of the latest season eclipse elements of the first 2 series. Particularly episode 19, LSD, which is almost entirely animated! I urge anyone who found the first few episodes slow and shaky to stick with it; it's still easily the best thing currently on TV.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

I'm currently watching FRINGE from the beginning for the 2nd time... It's such a clever show and there are tons of brilliant episodes like "Peter", that was one of the best hours of television I've ever seen... And John Noble, to think how I hated his character in LOTR and how much I love Walter... What a magnificent actor...
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

Just yesterday I saw a FRINGE episode heavily influenced by TWIN PEAKS, with many little and big homages beginning with its title "Northwest Passage"... It's set in a small town in the state of Washington and the story begins when a nice waitress from a cafe famous for its pies is murdered and the corpse is left in a river shore... TP references are plenty: the Sheriff and deputies of the small town wear badges with two mountains featured on them, Peter Bishop while explaining how adrenaline levels work draws two peaks ( :D ) in a chalkboard, a map of Snoqualmie is briefly featured in a GPS,... It was great! :)