Occupy wall street

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Occupy wall street

Post by Snogster707 »

Well, it kinda happened here in my city, Springfield, mass. I'd originally had gone down to participate in a weekly Monday noontime peace vigil, but some of the members wanted to attend an occupy wall street rally. So I went along, too. I stayed at the rally for an hour, but did not shout slogans like many of the other folks did. When the yelling started to truly get over the top, I left. Sorry, but seeing 3 police officers across the street made me nervous. Who knows if some of the protesters would get crazy, and some kind of melée would ensue... So I walked away and caught the bus home.

From what I could see of the participants, some were young adult college students, but most were underclass types. Missing and rotting teeth, but, yeah, of course, some had to have their cigerettes. I just wondered of some of these people were there just to make a point about how lousy their lives are, and that everyone should feel sorry for them.

I'm sorry, but while I'm as 'red' as they come, I have zero tolerance for loser lowlifes who blame their misery on everyone else but themselves.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Occupy wall street

Post by Brad D »

i might be a bleeding heart liberal, but i dont have enough of an understanding of this movement to really have an opinion either way. I do agree with your sentiments snogster.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Post by Snogster707 »

Thanks, BrAd!

I think many people are confused lately as to what the real thrust of this movement is. I thought it was about the abuses of wall street ect, but it seems that many interest groups have thrown their collective hats in the ring. It's kind of morphed, if you will, from a protest against corporate capitalism run amok to something else entirely...
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

it seems to me that the snake has no head, if you will. no one is at the steering wheel and i'm not sure they have a cohesive message. sure, i cant stand corporate greed-but atleast people are gathering and letting it be known. whatever the case, i'm glad discussion is being stirred-though i'm not keen on participating yet.