Vinyl

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Vinyl

Post by Rebel »

I am all wanting to watch this new series, I love Bobby Cannavele!!!
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Re: Vinyl

Post by Rebel »

LOVE IT!!! Man, check it out!
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

The first episode is fucking EPIC, brilliant Scorsese and Winters - more "Wolf of Wall Street" than "Boardwalk Empire". after the great pilot it goes up and down from what i've seen so far (watching on DVD currently and seen about half) but there's a lot of good music and great visuals. Some of the storylines hits the nail, other just seems like dead space. definitely worth following through as far as i've seen now.. Boardwalk Empire is one of the best shows of all time imo so of course i have to give this a solid shot and the DVD set is worth it for the pilot alone. it works as a good Scorsese feature with its almost 2 hrs runtime.

also "Silence" in the cinema earlier this year, best film so far..
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

I tried to watch Vinyl's first season and basically watched the most. But I was getting a bit bored and disappointed with time. I'd say the opening is great. But I thought the disaster at the concert, the roof falling, people crying, and the main character miraculously saved - that it should mark a breakthrough. Like, the opening episode is showing somewhat of a downward spiral but then it should go on to show an unexpected way out of the mud. Instead, it goes deeper and deeper into junkies and orgies, and not much more happens. At least that was my impression.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB