FilmStruck streaming service?

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
dl_fan
Roadhouse Member

FilmStruck streaming service?

Post by dl_fan »

I was at the movies last night, and one of the trailers was for the streaming service FilmStruck (I think it said it would be available in October). Several brief film clips were included in the trailer, including Eraserhead. From what I can tell from searching online, it's a TCM and Criterion thing. From FilmStruck's website, there's a press release dated April 2016, but seeing the trailer last night was the first I've heard about it. I couldn't find anything firm about how much they're going to charge for a subscription. Does anyone know more about this?
dl_fan
Roadhouse Member

Re: FilmStruck streaming service?

Post by dl_fan »

I ended up signing up for FilmStruck email notifications, and got an email yesterday that it was going to be available October 19th. Subscription prices, in case anyone else is interested, are:
• FilmStruck Monthly Subscription for $6.99 / month
• FilmStruck + Criterion Channel Monthly Subscription for $10.99 / month
• FilmStruck + Criterion Channel Annual Subscription for $99.00/ year
The email also said "At the time of launch, FilmStruck will be available on Desktop, Android Handsets and Tablets, iPhones and iPad and Amazon Fire TV. Coming Soon: Apple TV 4th Generation, Chromecast and Roku".
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Re: FilmStruck streaming service?

Post by hopesfall »

This looks interesting to say the least. I kind of like that they will have "themes", and certain sets released simultaneously.

Thanks for the heads up! :D