20th Anniversary Art Exhibition & Product Release

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

T P 20
RR Diner Member

Re: 20th Anniversary Art Exhibition & Product Release

Post by T P 20 »

Thanks for all of the kind words and positive feedback! We're choosing Wave 2 now (out of more than 1,100 negatives that have been scanned)!! Probably a couple more weeks before you hear anything...

Just received our first email that an international photo order arrived safely in Spain (and except for those waiting for #36, all international orders were shipped on the same day). All of them should be landing soon-- hopefully without customs delays!

By the way, if anyone is interested, we have a some photos on hand and ready to ship from people who ordered but didn't pay (rather than having to wait the usual 4 weeks, you can get them now). These include numbers: 1, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 27, 35, and 39.

Email us thru Sales at Twin Peaks 20 if interested. Thanks again!
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

Mine arrived in England today. What a stunner. Can't wait for the second wave...
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

1100 prints?! Good God. all from episode 29 i assume? my mind spins
blacklodge

Post by blacklodge »

iar wrote:Any Europeans, let me know when you receive your prints.. I have a complete lack of faith in my postal system :? Had stuff go missing in between the US and here before. Hopefully it's just the Bank Holidays slowing stuff down.

received mine today. safely packaged and looking great.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

I received mine, here in the UK, last Wednesday! :D It looks fantastic and I can't wait to get it framed. Thank-you TP20!
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

I received all the prints that I ordered :)

here is a little video (I put them in a photosbook) :
http://youtu.be/kabFWhHGDHs
A french little guy named : Dam.
T P 20
RR Diner Member

Post by T P 20 »

Couple of updates. Richard has chosen the photos for the next wave and they are great. We've restored all 1,100+ negatives and he is retouching the selections for wave 2. He is also working on a special panoramic photo from the set which may actually get released before the second wave. Apologies for the delay, but he's screening his work-in-progress documentary on our trip to India with David next weekend in Iowa City and most of the last 2 months has been spent getting the film ready. After this screening, things will move quicker.

Also, one of the most popular pieces from the art show (Scott Campbell's "Concentrating on the Js") has been turned into an affordable print by Poster Cabaret. It's a signed, numbered giclee on archival paper in the actual size of the original. And it's $30. Scott's great and he really captured the characters well.

http://postercabaret.com/concentratingo ... cottc.aspx
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

I just bought my "Concentrating on the Js" poster! It was definitely the piece from the show I felt I had to have and was disappointed that somebody snatched it up. This is really great!

Thanks for everything you're doing to keep the spirit alive, TP20! It is appreciated more than you know!
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

Post by thegreatnorthern »

Hot damn, you guys are good!! Can't wait for the second wave of beymer prints ~ thanks for the update TP20!! All the new twin peaks prints and panoramic photos sound exciting ..
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Hate to beat a dead horse here-but were the proof sheets worked on at all during this restoration? Just curious. I hate myself for missing these.
T P 20
RR Diner Member

Post by T P 20 »

We restored the individual negatives, but the proof sheets only exist in print form. And I talked about it with Richard originally (because when they were released in 1999 or 2000 I opted to buy the proof sheets over individual prints-- I liked the way they looked better). However, if we ever wanted to re-create those proof sheets now, they'd be fake. We'd essentially be placing the digital files in a fake proof sheet template (complete with sprocket holes, frame numbers, and film type). We both thought it would look cheesy and lack the charm of the original proof sheets, but maybe there's a way to make them look decent.

Anyway, after Richard's screening this weekend, he'll get back into Wave 2. And I hear you on the proof sheets-- we'll keep exploring that. Thank all of you for the support and for making this a worthwhile endeavor!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Thanks for such thorough information. Very excited for the second wave!
T P 20
RR Diner Member

Post by T P 20 »

Richard Beymer Wave 2 update: We're about 4 days away from release. There are more images in this batch than originally planned (12 so far), and we are experimenting with at least one variation of the "proof sheet" concept (9 or 12 images tied together by theme). Hopefully we'll have 2 of them done, but at least one. This release will focus mostly on portraits. Here's a preview of what's coming:
Attachments
Cooperbycurtain.jpg
Cooperbycurtain.jpg (57.96 KiB) Viewed 10320 times
SherylLee.jpg
SherylLee.jpg (63.18 KiB) Viewed 10320 times
WarrenFrost.jpg
WarrenFrost.jpg (68.41 KiB) Viewed 10320 times
Madchen.jpg
Madchen.jpg (44.78 KiB) Viewed 10320 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yes!! I'm ready!!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

These look fantastic. I hadn't realized until just recently that there are many many more images that we have never seen (that weren't on the original proof sheets). Can't wait.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/