The Collector's Corner

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

I'll be forwarding these to the Twin Peaks props site, but thought I'd share here first. These aren't the actual props, but the same make and model as those used --

Cooper's recorder, seen in publicity shots, pilot, and many episodes. Panasonic model RN-105. The signature blue stripe helped me identify this one

Realistic model Micro-26, seen in the Waldo bird scenes

Forgive the resolution -- this is an old screengrab

Realistic model Micro-27, seen recording on the table after Cooper's been shot

Again, a very old screengrab

The speakerphone seen in Truman's office. Duofone brand from Radio Shack (sticker on box says $29.95!)

jeep
Roadhouse Member

Post by jeep »

Hello everyone and many thanks to Jerry Horne for all his websites, especially the last one with the props.

Actually on Ebay, there is a ceramic ice cream cone seen in the Double R Diner.
But it's so expensive (500 bucks) !

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Jeep - thank you. I'm a little skeptical about that ice cream cone unless someone can point a screengrab my way.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hi all. Happy New Year 2008!

Two little TP items I bought recently on eBay:

UK Virgin Megastore promo for FWWM

German hardcover of Laura's Secret Diary with unique cover also featuring Ronette on bridge (I have to stop buying Secret Diary and FWWM dvds as ending up with too many as buying for different editions/covers!)

I also got amazing promo stills from Jerry Horne and FWWM Sliding curtain UK promo from Bruce Phillips (pics forthcoming).

Here's two odd little things I bid on - but did not win - (both were on eBay France): Has anyone seen these before?

A glazed paper folding book that accompanied TP dvd :

FWWM DVD in a blister pack that has photos on it:
pulpgallery

TP original prop diary

Post by pulpgallery »

Hi everybody, I actually own this original TP prop. It is Laura Palmer's original GREEN diary used in the filming of the show. I picked up most of my items through Bruce Phillips and I jumped on the Diary 10+ years ago just because it was the prop that was the coolest and most representative of what TP was all about (in my opinion.) Does anyone actually own that green ring with the owl cave symbol on it?? I'd love to have that one! -Daryl
Here is the diary pics....

**This is a picture of the police evidence bag containing the diary.**

**This one is the page containing the safety deposit key and the small plastic bag containing cocaine residue**

**This one shows some pages of dialogue that was used in the scene with Harry and agent Cooper at the sheriff's office. There are many more pages of dialogue in the diary for this scene as well as some cross-outs and changes to the text which resulted in what was actually said in the final scene.
The rest of the diary is filled with brief typical diary type entries up until the dates mentioned in the show episodes and then the entries become a bit more detailed.
pulpgallery

Post by pulpgallery »

This is one of only two carved wooden trees, straight from the reception desk of the Great Northern Hotel. It can be seen in a few different episodes. The prop is 2ft tall and made of chainsaw carved wood.
When Bruce released the 2nd one for sale, he let me throw out an offer, but I got outbid by another collector.
pulpgallery

Post by pulpgallery »

And one of my non-prop favorites...
The "BIG-3" so to speak in Star Pics autographed cards. For obvious reasons, BOB does not sign autographs anymore, at least not in his "original" body.
These are only 3 out of 35 different autographed cards that I have from this set. I just signed up for Dugpa.com today so I have not researched the boards yet, but does anyone know HOW MANY DIFFERENT CARDS FOR THIS SET ACTUALLY WERE AVAILABLE WITH AUTOGRAPHS?? I never found that out. I tried to pick up all that I could find and came up with 35.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Just discovered this rare Japanese Georgia Coffee poster variation:

pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

Jerry Horne wrote:Pete - I'm not sure of the size. Someone posted the pic on MySpace. Dugpa - those Georgia posters are very very scarce now. I put up the 4 known on the Archive site.
This post reminded me of an auction I lost to Adam over at Lynchposters.com. He's never posted this piece to his site (which desperately needs to be updated!) but thought I'd share it here. Looks like a 6-foot banner for Georgia, probably made of vinyl:

Sorry for the poor image quality but I pulled this from ebay.

Pete
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

Incidentally, on the Georgia subject, I think I discovered where the product's name came from -- since it's a beverage offerred by the Coca-Cola company in Japan, it likely took it's name from Coke's home state, Georgia.
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

How do. I'm new here...

Very, very jealous of a lot of folks here. I've just emailed that Bruce for a catalogue, so maybe I'll catch up to you all soon. Meanwhile, the only things I have of note (besides DVDs and that) are a Japanese 1-sheet for FWWM (and sheets for EM, Dune, BV, LH, MD and IE), and a quirkly little thing a mate of mine, V/Vm, did in 2001 - a sold-out 7" single of re-processed audio from TP called "The Owls Are Not What They Seem".

Each cover features one of the trading cards (my copy has The Log), and inside each release is a 1/4 page of a diary (unrelated to TP I think), a promo sheet for the label 'English Muffin Records' "signed" by David Lynch (quite obviously a fake, and clearly a joke) and a credit sheet reading: "All tracks documented by the long lost Phillip Jeffries. Audio stolen from the Black Lodge. TO BE CONTINUED..." And it is in fact being continued. Next month he's releasing the follow-up - a 12" of reprocessed TP and FWWM audio called "There Was A Fish... In... The Percolator".

http://brainwashed.com/vvm/news/various ... llery.html

And that's limited to just 175 copies. Something for the musical collectors around here?

I've also got a self-recorded bootleg of Lynch's TM talk in London 24/10/07, which might be of interest to some people. I managed to stumble into asking him questions about music and sound, but there was talk about TM, TP, films and that sort of thing. Little compared to what some people here have though...
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: The Collector's Corner

Post by Jonah »

Recently bought these promotional FWWM DVD slides on ebay.

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

I am not sure if this has already been posted (so apologies if it has, have not had time go through the entire thread properly) but just wanted to let people know you can still order back issues of the following Twin Peaks featured magazines:

New York Magazine 7 May 1990 / Sherilyn Fenn and Kyle Maclaghlan Cover
http://nymag.com/backissues

Video Watchdog Issue #2 1990 / Twin Peaks Cover, Season 1
Video Watchdog Issue #16 Mar/Apr 1993 / Twin Peaks Cover, FWWM
http://www.videowatchdog.com (scroll down on the lefthand side column and click on "back issues")

Time Magazine 1 Oct 1990 / David Lynch Cover
Use the contact information in this link to contact Time to order http://www.time.com/time/reprints/single_copy/

Unfortunately Rolling Stone Magazine back issues only seem to extend back to 1999.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Finally obtained the promo original soundtrack w/ donut on the disc!

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

vancurenw wrote:Waldo,
If I remember right, there was some discussion about the ice cream cone prop here not too long ago. I think the consensus is that it probably isn't authentic. No one can remember seeing it in the series at all, and I think that some folks (JerryHorne?) were waiting to here where it came from. (was it purchased at the prop sale in LA?)
o.k. here's the deal with this guy. He did go to the prop sale and purchase a bunch of stuff. Some of my props i purchased from him. He owns catherine's desk that kept the ledgers. However, he tried to sell me ledgers he said he found inside. However, i happen to know who really owns those. So, i think he would do anything for a buck. At this time i don't think that ice cream cone prop is legit. Unless someone shows me a screenshot that is.