Episode 8 (Season 2 Premiere)

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

claaa7

Re: Episode 8 (Season 2 Premiere)

Postby claaa7 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:06 am

Jonah wrote:The main problem with this episode is probably that it's overlong and, as has been pointed out, has a lot of recaps. However, I think the recapping is mostly done in a stylish way, such as the long, lingering shot of donuts, interspersed with trees and other footage, is a great moment. This episode is full of great stuff - a lot of wonderful highlights, including the Briggs scene, the aforementioned donuts scene, the opening scene, the closing scene, so much good stuff - but I agree it does drag a little and some parts don't fully work or are overplayed. Overall, though, I think it's a great episode.

completely agree about the juxtaposition of the donuts and coffee with the grimness of the murder scene - really a great metaphor for the series as a whole. the way all the information is presented must have been in large part to make new viewers have a chance to catch on to Season 2 and as you say it's mostly done in a stylish way. some of the hospital scenes do drag a little but overall it is one of my favorite episodes as well... i especially love the whole ending with the Palmer and Hayward's dinner followed by Ronette's flashback of the train car. Mesmerizing stuff!
Snailhead

Re: Episode 8 (Season 2 Premiere)

Postby Snailhead » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 am

Pacing wise, this episode seems to resemble The Return the most out of the original run.
Welcome to Canada...

Return to “Season 2 (1990-1991)”