Poll: Favorite New Character (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Who is your favorite new character in Twin Peaks?

Sheriff Frank Truman
12%
Deputy Chad Broxford
No votes
Deputy Jesse Holcomb
2%
Richard Horne
6%
Red
1%
Rebecca 'Becky' Burnett
1%
Beverly Paige
No votes
Wally Brando
5%
FBI Agent Tammy Preston
5%
Diane Evans
8%
Detective Dave Macklay
1%
Constance Talbot
7%
William Hastings
3%
Ray Monroe
1%
Janey-E Jones
12%
Bushnell Mullins
9%
The Mitchum Brothers
10%
Candie, Mandie & Sandie
14%
Detectives Fusco
1%
Other
2%

Total votes: 100
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: Poll: Favorite New Character

Post by laughingpinecone »

I'm ride or die for Diane Evans, but honourable mentions to Tammy, Candie, Wally, Cynthia, Constance, Frank, Dido, Doris and just about anyone, the new cast is amazing!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

It was a tough call with Candie, Diane and Wally also in the mix, but Janey-E won the day.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Frank Truman for me. I think Robert Forster does a great job in the role, as much as I miss Ontkean playing Harry. Second to him would be Diane. Janey-E, the Mitchums and Candie are all okay too.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Bushnell!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
itsbeen20yrs

Post by itsbeen20yrs »

I voted Candie too - I think there's more to her than we know... 8)
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

My favourite is Constance. I also like Frank Truman and the lady slot-addict. The Mitchum brothers are growing on me and Richard Horne is a very interesting character.

I think Darya, Jade and Chantal are more interesting than Wally or Ray, but neither of them are on the list. Warden Murphy and Sonny Jim also missing, even though they appeared in a couple of episodes. I guess it's difficult to decide which characters to include in this poll, since there are so many of them :D
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I voted for Constance too; the actress brings so much to the part. Surprised Richard is trailing, I imagine he'll go down as the most iconic/memorable new addition. Also slightly surprised by the Candslide...she's fun, but I wouldn't have expected her to be leading the pack! Guess all the Shiels hype wasn't overkill as after all!
Spoiler:
And we should be seeing plenty more of her, since she said she filmed for 4.5 weeks!
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

There's something about the Candies that's hypnotic. The way they move, the comic pathos and sublimity. They're an amazing creation. Only Lynch could do this.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I voted for Constance too; the actress brings so much to the part. Surprised Richard is trailing, I imagine he'll go down as the most iconic/memorable new addition. Also slightly surprised by the Candslide...she's fun, but I wouldn't have expected her to be leading the pack! Guess all the Shiels hype wasn't overkill as after all!
Spoiler:
And we should be seeing plenty more of her, since she said she filmed for 4.5 weeks!
Spoiler:
I keep picturing her filming, like, four scenes total, but veeeeeeeeery sloooooooooooooowly... :lol:
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

All the Shiels hype? I remember people saying she wasn't even pretty and she only did that video game so it probably wouldn't amount to much. Exactly the wrong kind of arguments, especially if you know how Lynch works with new talent. I hope she gains some well deserved renown for this.

So yep, the Candie trinity. Pretty much agree with most favored by the poll; Mitchums, Hastings, Talbot, Janey-E, Macklay.
Richard is excluded from the favorites section but I do have hopes of exploring him in more than just that one dimension full throttle.

Honorable mentions: Ruth Davenport! And I love how unbelievably out of place Jesse Holcomb was in part 11. ''Sherrif Truman, would you be interested in seeing my new car?" I was pretty much dying :lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Post by whoisalhedges »

yaxomoxay wrote:Bushnell!!
Battling Bud got my vote, too.

Janey-E is an *amazing* character, and Watts' performance has been something really special. But with her, we have something open-ended; we're not sure of her back story, and (provided she survives the series) we don't know where she'll go - it's almost like her story is yet to be written.

Mullins is near the end of his life. Through the boxing poster, we *already* know more about his back story than Janey-E's. And, to be blunt, at his age he likely has less story to come. He's pretty much fully-rendered in TPTR. And I think he's terrific.
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

richard horne :P
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

DamnFineCreamedCorn wrote:If Janey-E doesn't win this truly we are living in a dark, dark, age.
I like Janey-E and all but for me it's sheriff Truman ALL THE WAY. Like I've written in another thread - this is the guy who evokes the true spirit of Twin Peaks morethan anyone or anything else.

Jonah wrote:Frank Truman for me. I think Robert Forster does a great job in the role, as much as I miss Ontkean playing Harry. Second to him would be Diane. Janey-E, the Mitchums and Candie are all okay too.
That's exactly my top five as well although probably the Mitchums taking second place.

But I like the fact that the Candies are winning the poll :D
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

Constance is the right answer. Steals every scene she's in. Maybe that's how she's able to enter criminal minds.
The Well

Post by The Well »

My man Otis, have only been in one scene, but i instantly loved that guy. Sort of True Detective meets TP. Buella, Ray, Daria + the mysterious two guys in the corner.. That scene needs to be rewatched,yall! With its location and characters, i do believe this scene to be significant to the plot, but perhaps in a (continued) mysterious way. Notice also that "Mr C", as Otis calls him, seems to give Otis a slight smile and some creds (as i see it). Buella is also interesting, but Otis is, as previously stated, my man!