Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by krishnanspace »

As TAMARA said people have gotten physically ill after being near Bob Cooper, maybe that's how Sheriff Harry Truman is ill. Maybe he puked near Harry. Just a theory
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I wonder if Linda will be Laura reincarnated?

I like the theories on this page.

I'm not overly excited about Bad Coop having seduced or done even worse to Audrey (the thought makes me sick, but it would fit the soap opera aspects of TP). But Cooper dealing with an evil son would be interesting.

I think we met the new generation of Haywards with Jane Levy’s Elizabeth and Grace Victoria Cox’s Charlotte. While they could be Donna's kids, I'm voting for Gersten since they both have red hair.

Someone told me Gersten was too young to have kids by now, which doesn't make sense to me. If she was 14 at the time of S2, then she'd be 39 now. Plenty of time to have a couple of kids.

Alternative worlds may be afoot, but that's different than manufactured ones.

Although I don't see any strong evidence yet that any of our main Earth plots are taking place in alternative worlds.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

krishnanspace wrote:As TAMARA said people have gotten physically ill after being near Bob Cooper, maybe that's how Sheriff Harry Truman is ill. Maybe he puked near Harry. Just a theory
Possibly. I wonder whether Coop returning might heal Harry. Harry's 24-hour vigil in proximity to the open lodges might also have diminished him in some way, even though he didn't walk in.

It's interesting that they're keeping Harry around on the end of a phone or whatever. They could have said he's dead or has moved away. Of course, we don't know very much about what happened after the final scene of The Missing Pieces. The characters don't show any great affection for Coop – they seem fairly indifferent. Admittedly it's been 25 years, but no one mentions Windom Earle or Glastonbury Grove or Owl's Cave or that Coop disappeared for 24 hours through a bunch of red curtains in Glastonbury Grove. Perhaps the Log Lady is telling the Sheriffs Dept that what they're missing is a memory...
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Just watching Season 2 again, I've just seen the bit where Norma refers to thinking Annie was from a different time or place, so perhaps the poster earlier (can't remember who, sorry!) was correct about something not adding up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Gabriel wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:As TAMARA said people have gotten physically ill after being near Bob Cooper, maybe that's how Sheriff Harry Truman is ill. Maybe he puked near Harry. Just a theory
Possibly. I wonder whether Coop returning might heal Harry. Harry's 24-hour vigil in proximity to the open lodges might also have diminished him in some way, even though he didn't walk in.

It's interesting that they're keeping Harry around on the end of a phone or whatever. They could have said he's dead or has moved away. Of course, we don't know very much about what happened after the final scene of The Missing Pieces. The characters don't show any great affection for Coop – they seem fairly indifferent. Admittedly it's been 25 years, but no one mentions Windom Earle or Glastonbury Grove or Owl's Cave or that Coop disappeared for 24 hours through a bunch of red curtains in Glastonbury Grove. Perhaps the Log Lady is telling the Sheriffs Dept that what they're missing is a memory...
I think a lot of what you refer to is not being discussed at this point because it would bring up Annie and maybe something else they are trying to hide so that they can surprise at the end.

Edit: It is not clear who in Twin Peaks knew/knows about Cooper going into the Black Lodge. Obviously Harry and Andy and Hawk- beyond that is unclear (did Doc Hayward know, for example?).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

mtwentz wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

I think a lot of what you refer to is not being discussed at this point because it would bring up Annie and maybe something else they are trying to hide so that they can surprise at the end.

Edit: It is not clear who in Twin Peaks knew/knows about Cooper going into the Black Lodge. Obviously Harry and Andy and Hawk- beyond that is unclear (did Doc Hayward know, for example?).
I even read a post here at dugpa,where a certain person was near the set and he saw Michael Ontkean in an SUV
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Also the 2003 theory proved to be false in the last episode
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

mtwentz wrote:I think a lot of what you refer to is not being discussed at this point because it would bring up Annie and maybe something else they are trying to hide so that they can surprise at the end.

Of course, hence I'm putting it in a speculation thread. ;)

Thing is, Andy and Hawk don't seem to have discussed Glastonbury Grove at all, even after Hawk's walk in the woods. The Sheriff's office has the materials relating to Laura Palmer visible, but not Windom Earle! Weren't Gordon and Albert curious that yet another Blue Rose agent had vanished? Wouldn't they have investigated Coop and the red curtains? No, everyone seems to be drawing a blank.

[edited cos the field kept the quotes but ditched my reply!]
Last edited by Gabriel on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Gabriel wrote: Possibly. I wonder whether Coop returning might heal Harry. Harry's 24-hour vigil in proximity to the open lodges might also have diminished him in some way, even though he didn't walk in.

I even read a post here at dugpa,where a certain person was near the set and he saw Michael Ontkean in an SUV
i remember someone claiming they saw Ontkean. It was never corroborated by anyone else and I believe that was before the news broke from Brad that Ontkean did not plan on coming to Washington. So I think that report has been deemed not credible.

Edit: Not that the poster lied, but that they probably saw someone else they mistook for Ontkean.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

It was after the shooting started ,I remember it clearly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:It was after the shooting started ,I remember it clearly
Yes, I know- I did not join dugpa until shortly after shooting started. There were a lot of actors seen on set, and I think every other actor except Ontkean was seen by multiple people. So we were batting back and forth about whether the Ontkean sighting was real when Brad dropped his assertion that Ontkean was probably not going to be in it.

I am not saying that Ontkean will not show up, but I suspect that if he does, his cameo will have been shot in California or Hawaii.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

mtwentz wrote:
Yes, I know- I did not join dugpa until shortly after shooting started. There were a lot of actors seen on set, and I think every other actor except Ontkean was seen by multiple people. So we were batting back and forth about whether the Ontkean sighting was real when Brad dropped his assertion that Ontkean was probably not going to be in it.

I am not saying that Ontkean will not show up, but I suspect that if he does, his cameo will have been shot in California or Hawaii.
Hmm.Sounds plausible
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:
mtwentz wrote:

Hmm.Sounds plausible
For the record, I would love to see Ontkean as much as you do- I am trying not to get my hopes up though :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Gabriel wrote:
You've managed to concisely summarize what's seriously bugging me about the new season. I really, really, really hope this "amnesia" has to do with plot-related specifics they have to keep secret at this point (hence head-scratching, elliptical narrative) and that we'll get some answers when the time is right. In other words, if it all turns out to be a series of retcons just because they were too lazy to deal with this stuff or just didn't care (because "S 2 sucked" anyway), well, suffice it to say I will not be one happy TP camper. I'll go so far as to say that how they deal with these blank spaces in regards to what went on in S 2 is gonna be crucial in the shaping of my final attitude to/judgement of TP: The Return. I mean, I'm more interested in what happened to Harry and doc Hayward after they picked up bloody Cooper from the bathroom floor than I am in Jade, Wally Brando or Naomi Watts' ditzy character. Not to mention I wanna know about Annie rather than see the latest in the looong line of Andy-Lucy shenanigans. And for them to forgo Windom Earle without barely a mention when someone like Denise Bryson gets her own scene (or two?) doesn't sit right with me. Sorry to those of you rolling your eyes, but it just doesn't. He was far too important for things winding up the way they did to deserve such blatant ignorance. And YES, I realize the character met his end in the S2 finale at the hands of Bob, but it still doesn't explain how someone like Gordon Cole, Albert Rosenfield, Denise Bryson etc. could talk about Cooper and what happened to him in Twin Peaks and not mention Windom Earle once.

Regarding Ontkean: that the production didn't kill his character off or simply swap him with Robert Forster is one of the nicest turns the new season has taken for me (so far). Naturally, I expect this to get some kind of payoff in the form of a cameo (or a major role for Harry in future season(s) :) ). Oh, it's impossible to check now given the whole SPOILERS thread has been erased, but I distinctly remember one forum member's supposed sighting of Ontkean on the Washington set has been debunked as false pretty soon. The guy who supposedly saw him wasn't even sure it was indeed Ontkean he saw in the first place, or just someone who looked like him.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Agent Earle wrote:Regarding Ontkean: that the production didn't kill his character off or simply swap him with Robert Forster is one of the nicest turns the new season has taken for me (so far). Naturally, I expect this to get some kind of payoff in the form of a cameo (or a major role for Harry in future season(s) :) ). Oh, it's impossible to check now given the whole SPOILERS thread has been erased, but I distinctly remember one forum member's supposed sighting of Ontkean on the Washington set has been debunked as false pretty soon. The guy who supposedly saw him wasn't even sure it was indeed Ontkean he saw in the first place, or just someone who looked like him.
I'm sure Lynch could quietly pop down to Hawaii with a couple of other actors and shoot a scene at an indoor location. Part of the fun will be to wait and see. Sadly, in one way, Robert Forster is so very good from the outset that it quickly becomes difficult to remember that there was ever another Sheriff Truman!!