Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Terence
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray

Post by Terence »

Also with the upcoming blu-ray can the cover please for once not have Laura Palmer on the damn thing.

This season was about Dale Coopers story no two ways about it..

Have something great be its cover be it with the Two Coopers or something really interesting or not expected
But not that homecoming queen image of Laura again..they have already used it again on the new soundtrack.

Make it different for once.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Terence wrote:Also with the upcoming blu-ray can the cover please for once not have Laura Palmer on the damn thing.

Have something great be its cover be it with the Two Coopers or something really interesting or not expected
But not that homecoming queen image of Laura again..they have already used it again on the new soundtrack.

But that's the image Dido and the Fireman chose for the soundtrack when they shipped the soundtrack to Earth. He thought it up, she approved it, then they trumpeted it on its way. We literally saw them do it! :P
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Novalis wrote:
Terence wrote:Also with the upcoming blu-ray can the cover please for once not have Laura Palmer on the damn thing.

But that's the image Dido and the Fireman chose for the soundtrack when they shipped the soundtrack to Earth. He thought it up, she approved it, then they trumpeted it on its way. We literally saw them do it! :P
Haha!! :D
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Please. No retailer exclusives with unique material so we have to buy multiple box sets to see everything.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

crash_and_burn wrote:I sincerely hope Julee Cruise's entire performance is on there, without the overdub of the studio track.
I assume she was lip syncing to the studio track, as she did on the old show, and as all the other artists on TR did. If she actually sang on set, the lip moviements wouldn't line up.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

"There certainly will be a Blu-ray and based on the previous release from CBS (The Entire Mystery), one can assume it will be special. More details on plans will be forthcoming from CBS Home Entertainment in the near future." - Sabrina Sutherland
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

Jerry Horne wrote:"There certainly will be a Blu-ray and based on the previous release from CBS (The Entire Mystery), one can assume it will be special. More details on plans will be forthcoming from CBS Home Entertainment in the near future." - Sabrina Sutherland
there was also this answer: "I can only say that CBS Home Entertainment is cooking up something special for the Blu-ray/DVDs. I'm sure they'll be announcing something soon."
Terence
Roadhouse Member

Post by Terence »

Im thinking a December release could be the earliest for it.
Would CBS want to have it out for the Christmas period?

If not then i guess sometime in the new year.
From the sounds of it already its looking to be having some great stuff added to it.

This would be some way to top off the year that will go down as the most EPIC year for Twin Peaks in all of history.
Nothing will ever top 2017 for the show.
Lets enjoy it while we can.
With the amount of merchandise thats came out all year & more to follow.

WOW
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Based on what Sabrina said, I guess we'll have news about it soon. Nice!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

Jerry Horne wrote:"There certainly will be a Blu-ray and based on the previous release from CBS (The Entire Mystery), one can assume it will be special. More details on plans will be forthcoming from CBS Home Entertainment in the near future." - Sabrina Sutherland
This sounds extremely promising. I really cant wait to be honest. I have a good feeling about deleted scenes.

Perhaps even deleted scenes that have a tiny bit of resolution and closure for some of the threads left open?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

crash_and_burn wrote:
This sounds extremely promising. I really cant wait to be honest. I have a good feeling about deleted scenes.

Perhaps even deleted scenes that have a tiny bit of resolution and closure for some of the threads left open?
Dream on :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

mtwentz wrote:
crash_and_burn wrote:

Dream on :-)
I shall. ;)
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

It would be hilarious if there was a deleted scene at the Roadhouse that basically wrapped up everything. Just a couple of characters we've never met sitting in the booth discussing the fates of Shelly, Bobby, Audrey, Becky, Red, etc.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Sabrina did say that there aren't many deleted scenes; almost everything was used in the show. I'm expecting roughly the same amount as the Blu Ray deleted scenes from the original series.
Tosker

Post by Tosker »

The Jumping Man wrote:It would be hilarious if there was a deleted scene at the Roadhouse that basically wrapped up everything. Just a couple of characters we've never met sitting in the booth discussing the fates of Shelly, Bobby, Audrey, Becky, Red, etc.
Maybe Billy will finally put in an appearance the Roadhouse and everyone will greet him, Norm-from-Cheers style?