Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by BGate »

Man I really hope that's legit and not just some mislabeling of sorts.
Windowlicker2000

Post by Windowlicker2000 »

This will be the series of Making-Of shows Kyle was talking about.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Windowlicker2000 wrote:This will be the series of Making-Of shows Kyle was talking about.
I think so to (at least for the most part), for instance I think "The Man with the Gray Elevated Hair" is probably focusing on David Lynch.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

It's probably just nonsense, but all of those extras say that they feature Kyle MacLachlan, Sheryl Lee, and Michael Horse.

This is very interesting, because it brings to mind some strange things relating to Hawk in season three. First we have the enticing, but ultimately very confusing scene of Hawk on the phone with Margaret in Glastonbury Grove, hearing funny sounds (which made me think of swooping owls) and seeing ghostly glimpses of the red curtains in the trees.

Then we have the Margaret telling Hawk to "Watch for that one. The one I told you about. The one under the moon on Blue Pine mountain."

Margaret had earlier told Hawk that "Laura is the one." Then again, this could be a different "one", like Cooper, or perhaps the owl-like symbol (Judy?) on the playing card, on Hawk's map, and on Major Briggs' note, which is also on the mountain (or above it, really) and, as you see below, under the moon:
Briggs_message.jpg
Briggs_message.jpg (114.23 KiB) Viewed 11110 times
If any of this Blu-Ray information is true, is it possible that this will be very significant material in terms of illuminating some of the above mysteries, and perhaps even opening up new mysteries? Could we see "Carrie" and Cooper in the Odessa-verse, or even leaving the Odessa-verse? Could something here hint at the possible direction of a hypothetical season four?

Will the people who like season three but say they don't want any more Peaks refuse to watch this stuff? :lol:
eyeboogers wrote:
Windowlicker2000 wrote:This will be the series of Making-Of shows Kyle was talking about.
I think so to (at least for the most part), for instance I think "The Man with the Gray Elevated Hair" is probably focusing on David Lynch.
Probably, but I'm hoping for some new footage in there somewhere.
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

another 3 items totalling another 80min together have just been added.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Jasper wrote:It's probably just nonsense, but all of those extras say that they feature Kyle MacLachlan, Sheryl Lee, and Michael Horse.
By comparing these extras with older TP pages on the same website, a friend and I think that the website lists the three most prominent actors of the main show, or the two most prominent actors and the first one in alphabetical order. In TPTR, MacLachlan and Lee are credited in 18 episodes each, and Horse in 14.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

I wonder if 'See You On The Other Side Dear Friend' could be a tribute piece to the actors who've passed away?

I'm not sure I want to hazard a guess at what Two Blue Balls might be about - Gordon Cole's tips on relieving sexual frustration??
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Jerry Horne wrote:And what about this?
I see this, and one called Episode 1. They could be a behind the scenes feature on the original show? Or maybe they found and restored more deleted scenes from the first season? It's hard to say.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

4+ hours of material is incredible regardless of what it is.
raltenbach
Roadhouse Member

Post by raltenbach »

"Bad Binoculars" and "The Number of Completion" added to the list. Nearly another hour!
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

And those titles pretty much confirm this is TP2017 stuff. The other titles were vague enough to leave doubt.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

It's great knowing that we have the book plus all this new footage coming.

My prediction: we all eagerly digest this material as soon as we get it in a hunt of clues, and there are none :-D
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

Interesting there is no preorder available on amazon yet. Even if details aren’t finalized you’d think there would be a place holder page. Either way I can’t wait , and I will probably pay whatever showtime wants me to pay haha
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Sweeeeet! Let's hope for some weird Lynch experiments on there.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

The most likely option is that those are making of videos, interviews etc. But in the less likely event we're getting 4 hours of deleted scenes, I'm amused by the thought that TPTR would still have a "limited amount" of deleted scenes, like Sutherland (iirc? or was it Lynch himself?) mentioned... ...for the director who consistently overshoots by like 45% of the final cut :lol: anything under seven hours is subpar :lol:
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.