Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by eyeboogers »

LateReg wrote:
IcedOver wrote:
Yes, it's the same one. I think it showed in cinemas about 4 weeks into the show's airing. It starts with "This is Cole!" and goes on for a while using mostly combined footage from the other teasers and a few extras from scenes that had aired up to that point. When Cole says "Albert" late in the trailer some youngsters laughed behind me and made fun of Lynch. They clearly had no clue who he or the show is, which I thought was a shame.
In Denmark this teaser screened in cinemas a few weeks before the season premiere.
TwistedFate_L4
Roadhouse Member

Post by TwistedFate_L4 »

While it appears everyone else has bailed on getting their copy from Amazon, I'm still sticking with them for now. As I said in an earlier post, I'm not in a rush to get it until after next week when I'm off from work and can actually binge the entire series. Right now Amazon is claiming more will be in stock the 16th and I should have it in my hands by the 18th...We'll see.

They jerk me around again and I'll just cancel and go to Best Buy.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

Amazon says mine has shipped and should be here Friday but can't open til Christmas! Ahhhhh!!!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Amazon recheduled mine for 12/18. What a joke. Canceled and just purchased at Best But. So excited to have it in my hand!
Mine was also re-scheduled for 12/18 but showed up in my mailbox yesterday, 12/12.

BTW, on Blu-Ray dot com, it is listed as no. 13 hottest selling Blu Ray now.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
TwistedFate_L4
Roadhouse Member

Post by TwistedFate_L4 »

Mine just shipped today and is listed as arriving tomorrow!

Sweet! I guess they got more in sooner than expected. I think Season 3 is going to do even better on home video than it did while it aired.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Not sure when I’ll get around to the extras — at the moment I’m too excited at the prospect of rewatching the show itself in full HD with no streaming annoyances. It’s absolutely gorgeous. Can anyone who has watched the features say if Mark has much of a presence? I’m excited to see him on set talking to the actors and to DKL, but don’t want to get my hopes up.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Not sure when I’ll get around to the extras — at the moment I’m too excited at the prospect of rewatching the show itself in full HD with no streaming annoyances. It’s absolutely gorgeous. Can anyone who has watched the features say if Mark has much of a presence? I’m excited to see him on set talking to the actors and to DKL, but don’t want to get my hopes up.
Oh man, you are making me so want to open it right now! It was supposed to be my birthday present (Dec. 7) but since it came so late, it's been kicked to my Christmas present. So I can't open before then.

I've heard that Frost is barely in the videos at all (unlike the Gold Box, where he is all over the place). But since I can't watch any of it until at least Dec. 25, who am I to say?

BTW Mr. Reindeer, now that I bought a Blu Ray just for this series, can you recommend any absolute must haves on Blu Ray that are in your collection, Lynch or not Lynch. Note: I already have digital copies of FWWM and MD so I probably won't be buying those on Blu Ray, at least not right away.

Here's what I have on my 'must have' Blu Ray list so far:
2001: A Space Odyssey
Barry Lyndon
Inland Empire
House That Screamed (obscure Spanish horror that has haunted me since high school)
Planet Earth 2 (have not seen it, but it is highly recommended)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Frost makes a few brief (mostly silent) appearances in the Beymer docs and the Lauzirika one. I get the sense that most of his time on set was in Washington, and not so much in LA, the latter of which is where 90% of the BTS footage was taken.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

The behind the scenes are amazing. A true treasure trove.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

mtwentz wrote:BTW Mr. Reindeer, now that I bought a Blu Ray just for this series, can you recommend any absolute must haves on Blu Ray that are in your collection, Lynch or not Lynch. Note: I already have digital copies of FWWM and MD so I probably won't be buying those on Blu Ray, at least not right away.

Barry Lyndon
Inland Empire
House That Screamed (obscure Spanish horror that has haunted me since high school)
Great choices. I don’t want to break the bank for you right around the holidays! Anything from Criterion is generally a good bet, but their Eraserhead is a beautiful transfer and has great extras (including possibly Catherine Coulson’s last interview?). Their release of Last Year at Marienbad is lovely, and I think a film you would enjoy a lot if you’ve not seen it — a spiritual cousin to TP:TR in some of the ways it plays with time and perception, and an absolutely gorgeous film to look at. Their “By Brakhage” (an anthology of the experimental filmmaker’s work — almost undoubtedly an influence on the more abstract sequences of Part 8 ) is also terrific. The Third Man, The Wages of Fear, The Night of the Hunter. Of course, 8 1/2. Paris, Texas (those landscapes — and Harry Dean’s craggy features — in HD!). Videodrome!

Moving beyond Criterion, the Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition and the 5-disc Blade Runner are two of the most comprehensive releases in terms of fascinating extras (and both films look incredible in HD). I could keep going, but hopefully that’s a good start! :D
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo K
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leo K »

I just can’t wait to see this on blu-ray - I was shipped the DVD version accidentally so will have to wait a little longer till I get to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

not sure if its been mentioned before but in the promos included on disc one the "Albert" one is a little different than the one originally released on youtube in that the spoken lines are now silent such as Tracey's line of "try me" etc.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
mtwentz wrote:BTW Mr. Reindeer, now that I bought a Blu Ray just for this series, can you recommend any absolute must haves on Blu Ray that are in your collection, Lynch or not Lynch. Note: I already have digital copies of FWWM and MD so I probably won't be buying those on Blu Ray, at least not right away.

Barry Lyndon
Inland Empire
Great choices. I don’t want to break the bank from you right around the holidays! Anything from Criterion is generally a good bet, but their Eraserhead is a beautiful transfer and has great extras (including possibly Catherine Coulson’s last interview?). Their release of Last Year at Marienbad is lovely, and I think a film you would enjoy a lot if you’ve not seen it — a spiritual cousin to TP:TR in some of the ways it plays with time and perception, and an absolutely gorgeous film to look at. Their “By Brakhage” (an anthology of the experimental filmmaker’s work — almost undoubtedly an influence on the more abstract sequences of Part 8 ) is also terrific. The Third Man, The Wages of Fear, The Night of the Hunter. Of course, 8 1/2. Paris, Texas (those landscapes — and Harry Dean’s craggy features — in HD!). Videodrome!

Moving beyond Criterion, the Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition and the 5-disc Blade Runner are two of the most comprehensive releases in terms of fascinating extras (and both films look incredible in HD). I could keep going, but hopefully that’s a good start! :D
Great choices. Last Year at Mariendbad is sadly out of print on blu-ray, though, as is The Third Man.
frankenhooker

Post by frankenhooker »

There's a region B release of The Third Man from Studio Canal thats still in print. It's a fantastic release, a 4k restoration.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

frankenhooker wrote:There's a region B release of The Third Man from Studio Canal thats still in print. It's a fantastic release, a 4k restoration.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Can a 4k be played on a regular Blu Ray? This is where I get confused .
F*&^ you Gene Kelly