Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

thunderclap82
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by thunderclap82 »

Has anyone received confirmation their Amazon pre-order shipped? I placed mine the day it went live and considering it comes out tomorrow I'm a little surprised I haven't been told it went out. I'm getting nervous Amazon is going to screw me on a pre-order yet again.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

thunderclap82 wrote:Has anyone received confirmation their Amazon pre-order shipped? I placed mine the day it went live and considering it comes out tomorrow I'm a little surprised I haven't been told it went out. I'm getting nervous Amazon is going to screw me on a pre-order yet again.
I’ve been an extremely loyal Amazon customer for decades with nothing but good things to say, but quality control has really slipped over the past year or so. I preordered the latest Bob Dylan album with my Prime shipping. Three weeks from the release date, it still hadn’t shipped, and I just canceled and bought it in a store.

I’m gonna be pissed if I don’t have the Blu Ray tomorrow or at least Weds. i also haven’t gotten a shipping notification yet.
Rockdown

Post by Rockdown »

My copy was delivered yesterday. I can't wait to watch it.
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

From what I've read, not many (if any) who pre-ordered from Amazon have gotten a shipping notice, yet.

The most convenient place to get it in the US looks to be Best Buy. If you live near a store, they will have it in stock tomorrow. I think it's pretty much the same price as Amazon, too. Just reserved my copy!

SUPER-EXCITED TO HAVE THIS. Tuesday night will be spent with some good wine and six hours of TP Blu-ray bonus features.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

As I understand it the US release date (and therefore shipping date) is today - december 5th. Only europe got the blu ray on the 4th - and amazon.co.uk shipped on the day, but not before.
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

Amazon in the US usually ships a few days before the release date so that it will arrive on that day.

But not this time, for some reason, which means that Amazon customers are probably gonna have to wait another day or two.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

damn, i had really been looking forward to getting my pre-order today but now the date on the product i ordered is non existent.. i really hope they sort this out. i'm in Sweden and itching for a Blu-Ray fix. its gonna be amazing to be able to watch it in perfect quality without all the hassle of streaming.
thunderclap82
Roadhouse Member

Post by thunderclap82 »

Amazon is now listing TPTR as Temporarily Out of Stock. I went to Target this morning on my way into work and they didn't have it either. The Black Lodge is working against me...
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

thunderclap82 wrote:Amazon is now listing TPTR as Temporarily Out of Stock. I went to Target this morning on my way into work and they didn't have it either. The Black Lodge is working against me...
Come on, you should know better. Before entering the random store just say “Hellooooo”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
riesje
Roadhouse Member

Post by riesje »

amazon uk also went from in stock to Ships when available in 1 - 2 days.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
I’ve been an extremely loyal Amazon customer for decades with nothing but good things to say, but quality control has really slipped over the past year or so. I preordered the latest Bob Dylan album with my Prime shipping. Three weeks from the release date, it still hadn’t shipped, and I just canceled and bought it in a store.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm in Canada, so I do most orders through amazon.ca, but I've noticed the exact same thing. I used to find it bewildering how they could provide such superb service and fast delivery of even rather obscure items, but as you say, in the last year or so, they seem to be much, much more sluggish. I've heard the seemingly-plausible explanation that it's to incentivize the more expensive shipping options, but even the occasional gold-plated-shipping orders I do are slower.
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Contacted Amazon and this is the response I got
"I understand that you are contacting us regarding the delivery status of the order. I've checked with my resources and verified the details and could see that the item is available at a fulfillment center near you. So the item would be shipped and delivered by the end of the day as I do not see any changes in the delivery date from my end.
Since your order was confirmed and placed successfully we would have allotted the stock for you in our fulfillment center. The item should be out of stock for upcoming orders.
Also since the order should be delivered to you by the end of the day the item should be shipped within a couple of hours and once carrier is assigned you would receive a confirmation email shortly. Hope this helps."
I'm giving them until my lunch break to ship it before I cancel it and do store pick up at my local Best Buy.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Ugh. I also pre-ordered from Amazon on the day it went online and their customer service rep just told me they are out of stock and don't know when they'll get more.

I also just went to three popular stores in Boston to find it. Two say they don't have it because it's out of stock from the retailer, and one had ONE copy that was already picked up by some lucky person today. Ugh! ON THE RELEASE DATE they don't have any. So frustrating!
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I canceled my Amazon order and reserved a copy for store pickup at Best Buy. Haven't gotten the confirmation email that it's ready for pickup, but the store just opened.
riesje
Roadhouse Member

Post by riesje »

for amazon uk buyers, zoom.co.uk has currently stock, they sell through the amazon shop (click under Other Sellers from Amazon).