Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

cart

Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by cart »

December 5th on Blu-Ray and DVD.

Blu-Ray - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076M4XM6H/_e ... 8BTL57RZ8Z

DVD - https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-3rd-S ... Src=detail

From Entertainment Weekly:

The gloriously overstuffed special features include Impressions: A Journey Behind the Scenes of Twin Peaks, a set of ten short films (all around 30 minutes long) directed by Jason S., the filmmaker who previously directed the documentary David Lynch: The Art Life. Impressions reflect a considerable amount of access to the making of the new series. Here are the titles for you to ponder:

The Man with the Grey Elevated Hair
Tell it Martin
Two Blue Balls
The Number of Completion
Bad Binoculars
See You on the Other Side Dear Friend
Do Not Pick Up Hitchhikers
A Bloody Finger in Your Mouth
The Polish Accountant
A Pot of Boiling Oil

The set also includes Phenomenon, a three-part featurette in which cast and crew reflect on the show’s enduring legacy, along with artists, musicians, and creative personalities.

Both the DVD and the Blu-ray will also include the Twin Peaks Comic-Con panel moderated by Lost/Leftovers genius (and Peaks scholar) Damon Lindelof, and a behind-the-scenes photo gallery. Fans of Peaks arcana will appreciate a collection of promos produced by Lynch. And for everyone who pondered the shifting colors of the opening Rancho Rosa screen, the set will group together all 18 opening logos.

But only the Blu-ray contains some other fan-baiting gems. Original cast member Richard Beymer (Ben Horne) directed two featurettes, Behind the Red Curtain and I Had Bad Milk in Dehradun, which follows Lynch and his collaborators as they shoot in the Red Room. Lastly, there is A Very Lovely Dream: One Week in Twin Peaks, directed by Charles DeLauzirika, which focuses on the return of the Twin Peaks cast to locations in Snoqualmie and North Bend that were used in the original Twin Peaks series.

Now check out the exclusive behind-the-scenes video at the top of this post, which comes from the Impressions chapter titled “The Man with the Grey Elevated Hair.” Viewers will recognize the pivotal scene being filmed, but everyone can appreciate the moment when David Lynch says, “This is very strange, isn’t it?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

With the new season starting in May and likely concluding in September, we may have it available for purchase on blu-ray before Christmas 2017. So it seems prudent to have a thread for any info that may pop-up about a season or "revised" complete mystery set release. I'd imagine Lynch and Frost have discussed and planned for it, at least in some form.

What extras do people want to see included? I assume what was already released for the last "complete mystery" set but was something missing that fans want included on this possibly final release.

What about a 4k release?

What behind the scenes and promo material from the new set?

What about info about the original shooting script before the death of many beloved actors or actors refusing/declining to participate in the 3rd season?

I (personally) am hoping for a 4k release of all three seasons and FWWM + the Missing Pieces.

-cart
Attachments
91G0Q9O0-1L._SL1500_.jpg
91G0Q9O0-1L._SL1500_.jpg (379.69 KiB) Viewed 26555 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray

Post by Jerry Horne »

Steelbook variations with your favorite character on the cover. Collect all 217.

4K may push me into that format. Maybe not.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I still barely understand what 4K is, and I work in the industry.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Frost has said a couple of times now that they're looking into including all of On The Air(!) as an extra on the new series Blu-Ray, but who knows...
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

If the show becomes available on 4K, I will absolutely find myself a 4k player and buy it. I have a 4K TV but I think there are only three players available here and the cheapest is around £400. The only thing that would make me shell out that sort of money is Twin Peaks.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

N. Needleman wrote:I still barely understand what 4K is, and I work in the industry.
Well, it's like.. bigger and stuff, you know?
I'll see you in the trees
cart

Post by cart »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Frost has said a couple of times now that they're looking into including all of On The Air(!) as an extra on the new series Blu-Ray, but who knows...
"On the Air" would be a great extra - hope it happens.

I recorded the show on VHS when it first aired and watched it over and over trying to figure out who killed Laura. Then I bought the retail VHS when they came out - then the DVD's and finally the Blu set. I'll grab the 4K if they come out as well and upgrade my system down the road.
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

Rainwater wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I still barely understand what 4K is, and I work in the industry.
Just a higher-resolution format compared to the current HD standard. 4K has roughly 4-times the number of pixels as HD (i.e. blu-ray).
Attachments
what-is-4k1.jpg
what-is-4k1.jpg (27.87 KiB) Viewed 35524 times
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

I would love to see an extended version of Charles de Lauzirika's fantastic documentary 'Secrets from Another Place', or at least a 'sequel' to it, that goes beyond the end of Season 2 and focuses on FWWM, the legacy and influences of the original series, before finally culminating in a comprehensive overview of the new series. I know there was a FWWM documentary on the Entire Mystery release, but I didn't think it was up to the standards of Lauzirka's piece, and it would be great to have something that covers the entire of Twin Peaks' lifepsan.

I truly believe they've exhausted their resources trying to uncover all the deleted footage that still exists, but there are three pieces that I think we'd all love to see,

- The long-lost 'Ben Horne kills Maddy' scene which I think is the Holy Grail of all Twin Peaks deleted footage
- Josie (or rather, Josie's body double) in the Red Room
- The alternate cliffhanger of the S1 finale, if indeed there was one. The show was only renewed for S2 days before the finale aired, and I remember hearing rumblings that an alternate 'closed' finale was ready to go in case they were canceled

Lastly, I would love to see a tribute featurette for all of the cast members who did not live long enough to re-appear in the new series, especially Frank Silva. He's such an iconic part of the Twin Peaks mythos and they barely touch on him in any of the previous making-of material.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

For what it's worth, if it does get a 4K UHD release (unlikely, the format has not yet branched into TV shows), it will be an upscale as I don't believe S3 was shot in 4K.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

OK,Bob wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Just a higher-resolution format compared to the current HD standard. 4K has roughly 4-times the number of pixels as HD (i.e. blu-ray).
Although the difference is nowhere near as drastic as it was going from SD to HD.
MrBelpitsLegs

Post by MrBelpitsLegs »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Frost has said a couple of times now that they're looking into including all of On The Air(!) as an extra on the new series Blu-Ray, but who knows...
I would love to see this. The pilot for On the Air is one of the funniest things I've ever watched. Provided, I was sleep-deprived when I watched it, but I think it was pretty great.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Knowing this show's history with home media, the first release will consist of episodes 2,4,5 and 7 on VHS sometime in 2019.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Si78 wrote:Knowing this show's history with home media, the first release will consist of episodes 2,4,5 and 7 on VHS sometime in 2019.
Post of the Year, already.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Metamorphia wrote:For what it's worth, if it does get a 4K UHD release (unlikely, the format has not yet branched into TV shows), it will be an upscale as I don't believe S3 was shot in 4K.
What makes you think that? Lynch was shooting digitally, so it's probable he's using contemporary standards. Even smartphones have 4k cameras these days.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."