SUBTITLES:
English For The Hearing Impaired

thats it.
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by bowisneski »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
bowisneski wrote:Cancelled with Amazon, because it had not yet shipped, and placed an order with a local Best Buy. Well, turns out that Best Buy ran out of stock before they received my order. Luckily, there's another one five miles further away that had some stock and they have one held for me to pick up on my lunch break. I don't understand what the issue with the rollout of this and Final Dossier have been, wonder if demand was underestimated.
That’s been my thought as well.

Was there a problem with TFD? I must have missed that; I got mine quickly. I know there were delays with the audiobook.
I heard people that couldn't find one locally/only one or two copies were stocked and some issues with Amazon getting it out. I got lucky with mine and it showed up release day. I thought I'd be lucky with the blu too because of what the customer service rep told me, and maybe I would've been, but didn't want to risk it.
Methedrome
Roadhouse Member

Post by Methedrome »

Yes, Amazon failed me in Canada. Had it pre-ordered the day I was able to.
No copies at Best Buy, Sunrise or anywhere locally.
Is it future or is it past?
Apparently its the latter.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

riesje wrote:from : http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... 15&page=26

AUDIO:
English 5.1 Dolby TRUEHD

SUBTITLES:
English For The Hearing Impaired

thats it.
This is so bad...? What the heck? The Complete Mystery this is not.
Thank you very much for your quick answer, getting the Japanese dub was a big draw for me so I guess I'll definitely wait for the lethargic European release and hope they'll have added the other dubs by then...
Unless someone already knows for sure whether we are truly back in the Nineties and the various territories will only get their native dub+subs beside the English original...?

Btw, maybe the eight hours of bonus content are the reason, or part of the reason, behind the delay? I fail to see how subbing eight hours of documentaries would take more than two weeks, but at least it's something they had to do just for the box sets.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

Got the Blu-ray from Best Buy in Dallas this morning.

I was able to watch the first hour of the bonus features and they're pretty great. If you loved the fly-on-the-wall footage from the sets of "Mulholland Dr." and "Inland Empire" on those discs, this is a treasure trove. The way Lynch directs the actors is very entertaining to watch. He really gets into it. Seeing him direct the scene where Ike the Spike kills the lady in the office is a hoot.

If you're still waiting on this, it's very worth the wait.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

For what it's worth, I went through three different Amazon representatives to try and get a handle on when they estimate they'll have more in stock. I was told, "The soonest we will be able to ship this is January 8." Does that sound crazy to you all?

I hope to God she was wrong because none of the local stores here carry it either, they're all sold out. :(
riesje
Roadhouse Member

Post by riesje »

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/twin ... 8.facebook

digital bits has review up for the bluray set.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

bosguy1981 wrote:For what it's worth, I went through three different Amazon representatives to try and get a handle on when they estimate they'll have more in stock. I was told, "The soonest we will be able to ship this is January 8." Does that sound crazy to you all?

I hope to God she was wrong because none of the local stores here carry it either, they're all sold out. :(
Jerry/TP Archive tweeted that the next "shipment" is supposed to be "around" Dec 15, but it's unclear if that's just when CBS will send them to distributors, or if customers will actually receive them around that date.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

CBS...so this is made by the same people that created the audio sync problems last time?
richsmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by richsmith »

Showtime's store has some in stock. Expensive, but it can be delivered quickly.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

Screwed over by amazon AGAIN . Preordered the day it was available, spent all day waiting for the confirmation text that it had been shipped let alone delivered ... nothing ... 3 hours before expected delivery time I reach out and they claim its back ordered and I will receive on Jan 8th !! WTF ! Needless to say no Best Buy’s have it in stock in my area and who knows when I will even receive it. This is so disappointing , the same thing happened with my audio CD of the final dossier ... what is going on ? Do they not have a general idea of how many they need to produce based on atleast the presales ? How are those at the very least not accounted for and produced ? Very disappointed.
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

Mistertom wrote:Screwed over by amazon AGAIN . Preordered the day it was available, spent all day waiting for the confirmation text that it had been shipped let alone delivered ... nothing ... 3 hours before expected delivery time I reach out and they claim its back ordered and I will receive on Jan 8th !! WTF ! Needless to say no Best Buy’s have it in stock in my area and who knows when I will even receive it. This is so disappointing , the same thing happened with my audio CD of the final dossier ... what is going on ? Do they not have a general idea of how many they need to produce based on atleast the presales ? How are those at the very least not accounted for and produced ? Very disappointed.
You would be surprised at the number of people on other social media platforms (and people from my personal life) who have claimed that they’ve wanted to wait to experience it for he first time when they can binge the show. I would assume that the significant drop in price (a EIGHTEEN EPISODE SHOW for less than $50!!!) would be a huge reason for this. The Best Buy I went to today only had two copies....I was there when the doors opened. So I would more than likely place the blame on CBS for not producing enough (which might just be because the close release date and the complex packaging) and possibly whoever decided on the price drop.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

what's this about the UK/European release having been postponed to February?! i can't find any official confirmation on this, only what some people have written here... the thing is that i ordered from the largest Swedish webshop for music/film here as soon as it was available for pre (maybe a month and a half ago), it then said release date 2017-12-05... now they have removed that date and it just says "Upcoming" on tentative release date.

but now i notice that a new item has been added which also says Twin Peaks: Limited blah blah Blu Ray with the same cover except it also has the stickers on it. that one says "tentative release date 2017-12-11" but it also costs about 75% more. if i could be certain that i would be getting that one by the december date i'd still rather cancel my original pre-order and pre-order that one instead. but it would be damn frustrating if they soon after i place the new orer that they ship the original one as well :/ any suggestions what to do?

EDIT - Looking more closely now, i see that the one with the new release date 2017-12-11 only has english subtitles while the other one is Nordic with Swedishk, Norweigian, Danish subs
Last edited by claaa7 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mistertom wrote:Screwed over by amazon AGAIN . Preordered the day it was available, spent all day waiting for the confirmation text that it had been shipped let alone delivered ... nothing ... 3 hours before expected delivery time I reach out and they claim its back ordered and I will receive on Jan 8th !! WTF ! Needless to say no Best Buy’s have it in stock in my area and who knows when I will even receive it. This is so disappointing , the same thing happened with my audio CD of the final dossier ... what is going on ? Do they not have a general idea of how many they need to produce based on atleast the presales ? How are those at the very least not accounted for and produced ? Very disappointed.
If it means they are selling more copies than anticipated, I personally am more than happy to wait and am very happy for Lynch/Frost/Showtime that sales have exceeded their expectations. We waited almost three years from the announcement to the Showtime premiere, a few more weeks to see the extras won't kill us :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

BGate wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:For what it's worth, I went through three different Amazon representatives to try and get a handle on when they estimate they'll have more in stock. I was told, "The soonest we will be able to ship this is January 8." Does that sound crazy to you all?

Jerry/TP Archive tweeted that the next "shipment" is supposed to be "around" Dec 15, but it's unclear if that's just when CBS will send them to distributors, or if customers will actually receive them around that date.
I've heard that is when the second batch arrives to retailers. Someone on Twitter just told me that Amazon told her she would would get it on the 21st.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM