Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by The Jumping Man »

Cancelled my Amazon order and found a copy locally at an indie record store. I've watched A Very Lovely Dream: One Week in Twin Peaks and the first Beymer doc and they're both fantastic.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

i was able to pre-order very cheaply about a month ago on a Swedish site called CDON with the release date 12-05 but now that date is gone replaced by "upcoming". what really worries me however is that ANOTHER product has magically appeared which is almost twice the price and with a release date of 12-11. i have a strong feeling that my original order will suddenly be "magically" cancelled... fruuuuckkk, i can't decide if i should order the more expensive Product instead :/

this is what i'm talking about:

http://cdon.se/search?q=twin+peaks
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to discuss this, but in one of the Beymer docs, you see a scene with the Fireman being filmed in the Red Room where he asks Cooper if he remembers. He's just standing in front of the curtains and speaking to Cooper. I'm wondering if it is just something that was cut, or if was moved to a different location/repurposed. Very interesting and felt a little chill seeing him in the Red Room again.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Sheryl Lee also had a line, something like "You see me alive," that didn't make it into the show.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I don’t think there are two sets with different packaging.
riesje
Roadhouse Member

Post by riesje »

well color me suprised, just got shipping notice from amazon uk.
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

bowisneski wrote:I'm not sure if this would be the right place to discuss this, but in one of the Beymer docs, you see a scene with the Fireman being filmed in the Red Room where he asks Cooper if he remembers. He's just standing in front of the curtains and speaking to Cooper. I'm wondering if it is just something that was cut, or if was moved to a different location/repurposed. Very interesting and felt a little chill seeing him in the Red Room again.
That jumped at me, too. My guess is that The GIant/Fireman at one point had some of the lines in the Red Room that later went to The Evolution of the Arm ("Do you remember your doppelganger?")
BlueRose69

Post by BlueRose69 »

Preordered my Blu-Ray from Amazon as soon as they went live, and it’s apparently not arriving until the 21st.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I'd prefer to get mine at a store, but it doesn't look like any are available at Barnes & Noble or Best Buy. Online it looks like it's available at Best Buy, though. So they literally have to go back to the presses and manufacture more, one day after it went on sale? That doesn't make any sense. Tons of the original series box sets were produced, as it's still available. I got mine like two years after it went on sale.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
TwistedFate_L4
Roadhouse Member

Post by TwistedFate_L4 »

Still waiting on my shipping notice. I'm not in a hurry because I won't be having my major Twin Peaks marathon until when I'm off work for my Christmas vacation- but still, it's annoying not to have it to hold.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mine says that it's on the way, shipped on the 7th. Seems it should be here by the 9th (via Prime 2-day shipping), which is much earlier than the 21st they were suggesting yesterday. Maybe they've solved some of their issues.
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

I have now watched all of the Blu-ray bonus features and they're fucking fascinating. I'm not aware of anything else like this. There are 10 billion "making-of" documentaries for all sorts of movies and TV shows out there, but probably not very many that span over five hours (counting the RIchard Beymer documentaries) of fly-on-the-wall footage of how a thing was made. If you're interested in how David Lynch works on a set, this is a pot of gold. You see HOW he directs here. How he directs actors, guides them, consults them on nearly every line they speak. How he talks to his cinematographer. How he always has an answer for every question. How clear and detailed his vision for all of this is. Lynch will never record a commentary track because he doesn't want to talk too much about his films, but something like this is, in a way, even more revealing.

After watching this, I felt like I just went through two semesters of film school.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

But does it have the FBI guys in it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Still wading through them, but it's fascinating stuff, especially when he's conjuring something new in the moment. The Las Vegas detectives were originally Fusco and Haig, and there's a hilarious bit where Lynch decides he's going to add a third one because he likes the laughing guy so much, and then decides that they're all Fuscos.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

pinballmars wrote:I have now watched all of the Blu-ray bonus features and they're fucking fascinating. I'm not aware of anything else like this. There are 10 billion "making-of" documentaries for all sorts of movies and TV shows out there, but probably not very many that span over five hours (counting the RIchard Beymer documentaries) of fly-on-the-wall footage of how a thing was made. If you're interested in how David Lynch works on a set, this is a pot of gold. You see HOW he directs here. How he directs actors, guides them, consults them on nearly every line they speak. How he talks to his cinematographer. How he always has an answer for every question. How clear and detailed his vision for all of this is. Lynch will never record a commentary track because he doesn't want to talk too much about his films, but something like this is, in a way, even more revealing.

After watching this, I felt like I just went through two semesters of film school.
That's really great news. I was just about to start the 'The Profoundly Disappointed Group of Those of Us Who Still Don't Have Our F%&$! Blu Rays from Amazon' but this is a nice little tidbit to keep me in the excited column.

I still have no delivery date :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly