Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by Henrys Hair »

The behind the scenes footage is fantastic. You get the sense Lynch has visualised each piece of each scene in his head. At one point he even manufactures an accidental dildo...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I received the blu-ray set from amazon today (the 7th). This is only two days later than they'd originally promised. I had ordered it the day it became available for preorder, and selected "free" two-day Prime shipping. I hope that any people still waiting on amazon will have their sets in short order.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Amazon now says it will arrive Thursday the 14th for me. I also pre-ordered immediately but then cancelled and re-ordered on Monday when I saw that it hadn't shipped, just like with the Secret History (except it didn't work this time, obviously).
Mulberryspark

Post by Mulberryspark »

I remember seeing footage of them shooting the part in Part 3 where Cooper is on the metal box out in space. I remember Lynch telling him how to respond to naido flying off. I don't remember what article I saw it from, but it's a clip used to promote the release. The reason why I'm mentioning this is, I've watched all the behind the scenes stuff and do not recall seeing this clip in any of the videos. Am I just not remembering seeing it, or is it actually not in any of the videos?
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

Is it me or is there a different edit to the gersten and Steven scene in ep 15 ? I guess I don’t remember the quick cut to Cyril aka mark frost before we see them at the base of the tree , also there seems to be some added sound effects during their dialogue . Am I just not remembering things as they happened ? What year IS it ?!
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Mulberryspark wrote:I remember seeing footage of them shooting the part in Part 3 where Cooper is on the metal box out in space. I remember Lynch telling him how to respond to naido flying off. I don't remember what article I saw it from, but it's a clip used to promote the release. The reason why I'm mentioning this is, I've watched all the behind the scenes stuff and do not recall seeing this clip in any of the videos. Am I just not remembering seeing it, or is it actually not in any of the videos?
I don't remember seeing this bit on the behind-the-scenes features - at this point I've watched all the docs on disc 8 and just have the Beymer docs on disc 7 to go.
Windowlicker2000

Post by Windowlicker2000 »

Last edited by Windowlicker2000 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

After watching the behind the scenes docs there is no question how much Twin Peaks was DL's vision.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

I love the direction he gives to Kyle in the Sheriff's station, 'no time has passed for you'. Nice little hint that whilst Coop has spent twenty five years in there (and maybe has those years worth of experience/Lodge knowledge, he's essentially been on pause and has no problem remembering where to run to in the station. Laura is still on his mind as if it were yesterday because that's probably not that far from the truth, from Coop's perspective.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Amazon recheduled mine for 12/18. What a joke. Canceled and just purchased at Best But. So excited to have it in my hand!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Some very preliminary thoughts, having just finished the first disc:

I personally loved the packaging for The Complete Mystery, but I know some felt the discs were held too snugly (may those people never experience the Mad Men complete series set, which is aesthetically very nice but logistically, it’s literally impossible to take a disc out without scratching it). This set seems like CBS heard those concerns and overcompensated...the packaging on my copy is a bit too loose and several discs had jiggled around a bit. Hoping none are scratched/damaged.

It’s sort of disappointing that the Red Room/chevron theme is so prominent in the packaging. I would prefer to see something more closely tied specifically to S3.

The episode “titles” are apparently just that, given the presentation on the packaging.

That godawful “before men were mad and before badness broke” promo is thankfully not on the release, seemingly confirming that it was not DKL-approved (the packaging specifically notes that the included promos were produced by DKL). Also absent is the “Michael Horse” promo, which
I would have liked to see included, but we already knew that one wasn’t produced by DKL. Had anyone seen the “in cinema” promo before (presumably in theaters?). I wasn’t aware that one existed.

Maybe I’m a moron and this is super obvious, but I haven’t seen anyone mention it. Watching the hypnotic menu screen, I realized how flame/fire-like the waving red curtains are!
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Maybe I’m a moron and this is super obvious, but I haven’t seen anyone mention it. Watching the hypnotic menu screen, I realized how flame/fire-like the waving red curtains are!

"Helloooo-oooo !"

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3551&start=825#p113725

L'histoire se répète. Ne pas tres chique.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Had anyone seen the “in cinema” promo before (presumably in theaters?). I wasn’t aware that one existed.
Yeah, the pre-show "First Look" content at a movie I went to perhaps halfway through the run had an extended commercial with some stuff that hadn't been shown up to that point. I assume it's the same spot. I was surprised that they hadn't done a theatrical spot before the series started. "First Look" often has BTS stuff and promos for premium channel shows, unless I missed it.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

IcedOver wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Had anyone seen the “in cinema” promo before (presumably in theaters?). I wasn’t aware that one existed.
Yeah, the pre-show "First Look" content at a movie I went to perhaps halfway through the run had an extended commercial with some stuff that hadn't been shown up to that point. I assume it's the same spot. I was surprised that they hadn't done a theatrical spot before the series started. "First Look" often has BTS stuff and promos for premium channel shows, unless I missed it.
Yes, it's the same one. I think it showed in cinemas about 4 weeks into the show's airing. It starts with "This is Cole!" and goes on for a while using mostly combined footage from the other teasers and a few extras from scenes that had aired up to that point. When Cole says "Albert" late in the trailer some youngsters laughed behind me and made fun of Lynch. They clearly had no clue who he or the show is, which I thought was a shame.