Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

v2david

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by v2david »

Gordon wrote:I have the impression most of the old cast will only make guest appearances, like in FWWM + MISSING PIECES... I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Ben and Jerry anymore, their scene was great but as some of you say besides from that fleeting New York reference it's completely disconnected from the main plot (if there's such a thing here, I mean good Coop, bad Coop, Lodges, etc.); at least Jacoby's shovel painting business is intriguing and looks like it's going somewhere, in a very Lynchian way of course... :D

But on the other hand we've only seen 4 out of 18 episodes, not even a quarter of the whole thing... Let's see what is ahead of us, I'd be delighted if I'm wrong with my impression... :mrgreen:
Once Cooper gets his memory back, it will eventually lead him back to Twin Peaks. At that point, there will be more of a chance to see familiar characters. Some parts may be similar to the cameos in FWWM, but some may be important to the upcoming narrative. Give it time...
v2david

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (Spoilers)

Post by v2david »

wxray wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
rocketsan22 wrote: We are having a hard time adjusting to this new TP world. Or I should say maybe not us, but the people on the other thread. :)
This reiteration of Twin Peaks is more a direct sequel to FWWM, not Twin Peaks Season 3. Once people come to accept that, they will enjoy TP 2017 more. (Well, that is unless they hated FWWM & Lynch's other movies).
v2david

Post by v2david »

Leebob wrote:This is the best image I could manage, but trust me, the license tab reads 03 - 2003 - our good friend Agent Cooper is in an earlier time period than the remainder of the story. The eyeless woman did not want him going to 2015 for reasons I cannot begin to guess, she threw a switch that set the destination to 2003. Agents Coopers journey back to Twin Peaks may be much different than we are expecting.
2003-DUGE LV License Tab.jpg

Is it future...or is it past.
I have a feeling we may be dealing with multiple timelines too. That is a great pick-up, but unfortunately we don't know if it was a production error or a clue. Same with Evil Coopers DOB. Since Frost made a bunch of errors in TSHOTP (which he has hinted were not errors), I am not sure what to think. Until someone can clearly prove these mistakes are actually clues, I'm not sure what to think.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Leebob wrote:This is the best image I could manage, but trust me, the license tab reads 03 - 2003 - our good friend Agent Cooper is in an earlier time period than the remainder of the story. The eyeless woman did not want him going to 2015 for reasons I cannot begin to guess, she threw a switch that set the destination to 2003. Agents Coopers journey back to Twin Peaks may be much different than we are expecting.

Extremely interesting find (unless it's an error). Can anyone enhance the image?
I wonder if droolingCoop has to wait until Albert finds him in ~2017 to gain his memory back.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

http://www.dmvnv.com/platesmain.htm

Nevada has two designs for standard license plates. Both are valid for vehicle registration.

The "Home Means Nevada" plate, pictured on the left, was issued beginning in November, 2016.

The "Sunset" plate pictured at right has been issued since 2001. The Home Means Nevada plate will gradually replace it as the DMV uses the remaining inventory of Sunset plates.

DMV offices may not have the new design in all styles. It may be some time before the "Home Means Nevada" plate will be available for all variations such as classic vehicle and military plates.

When you obtain new plates, the DMV charges a Plate Cost Recovery Fee of $3.50 per plate, a Prison Industry fee of 50 cents per plate and a Technology Fee of $1 in addition to any registration fees due. Personalized and specialty plates carry additional fees.

A registration renewal is not required if you are simply changing license plates and the registration is not due. The DMV will charge a $6 substitute plate fee in addition to any applicable plate fees. You must visit a DMV Full Service office or a County Assessor office which offers vehicle registration services to obtain new plates.
sackboy97
Roadhouse Member

Post by sackboy97 »

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but why would the plate have the current year on it? Isn't that the year the car was registered?
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

sackboy97 wrote:

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but why would the plate have the current year on it? Isn't that the year the car was registered?
Generally not the way it works in the USA. The date on the plate is expiration date. Most states have 1 yr validity. So if it is 2003, then the year is 02 or 03. Or, Dougie, being the dimwit he is, drove around for 12 years with an expired plate. Wouldn't be the first to do so without any police noticing.
OneEyedJack
Roadhouse Member

Post by OneEyedJack »

sackboy97 wrote:
Leebob wrote: Is it future...or is it past.
I know shit from shinola when it comes to vehicles - someone know the model year of the yellow Wrangler vehicle?
Leebob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leebob »

sackboy97 wrote:

Here in MN, we get a sticker (which we tend to call a license tab) each year that needs to be placed on the license plate to indicate we have legally renewed the registration. The NV registration page linked to by prior user mentions a "decal" which I believe serves the same purpose. The DUGE LV plate does appear to have a 03 decal/sticker in the upper right corner.

yea - I was wondering about the model year of yellow wrangler as well - but I also don't know shit from shinola when it comes to cars!
Leebob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leebob »

One other item to chew on:
Tammy P. briefed Albert and Cole on the NY deaths. She showed them an image of the ghostlike figure in the glass box. There was no image of Cooper floating in the box, which occurred when the young couple was in the entryway looking for the missing security guard. It is highly unlikely this would have been missed by the FBI technicians.

Were the discs tampered with prior to the investigation to remove the images of Cooper? If so, by whom? My SWAG at this point is that it was Cooper himself - the mysterious billionaire that funded the project, could be Dale Cooper; who returned from the Lodge in 2003 (see my prior post of the DUGE LV 2003 license tab) accumulated a vast fortune with help from strange visions of the red room and re-established an off the books Project Blue Book initiative. The fact that Hawk and company are still looking for Cooper in the current timeline indicates the 2003 Cooper did not quickly recover his memory's and make a beeline for Twin Peaks; so unless he re-entered the lodge and/or made another time shift somehow ; what has Cooper been doing since 2003?
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Oh man, now you got me thinking. Let's see, I think Dougie's Ford Taurus is in that date range. But Jade's Jeep is post 2005. The two assassins have classic cars. The town car limo looks to be early 2000s. Interesting...
The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Marquis »

Regarding the plate stickers for Nevada.

In doing a little research (not that this makes a lick of difference), in 2003 the large numbers on a Nevada tag are the month of expiration with the year on the right going down the side of the tag in much smaller print. However, the COLOR matches the 2003 sticker year... so there is something to this.

HOWEVER, of note is the plate design... The embossed version of the Nevada plate (which the DUGE LV plate appears to be) was made 2001-2006 AND (unfortunately for us trying to determine time) July 2015-October 2016... during the filming of the show... dammit.

It's worth noting that the style of sticker is the same during both of these periods, but oddly in the interim non-embossed period is different with a Month-Year style... like October 2010 would be marked on the sticker 10-10.

2016 was ALSO a yellow sticker year... hahaha
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

wxray wrote:

Oh man, now you got me thinking. Let's see, I think Dougie's Ford Taurus is in that date range. But Jade's Jeep is post 2005. The two assassins have classic cars. The town car limo looks to be early 2000s. Interesting...
Yep.. I don't see any reference in that timeline about stuff that you would see in the post-smartphone era. That would make Lucy's scene a decoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

OneEyedJack wrote:
sackboy97 wrote:
Leebob wrote: Is it future...or is it past.
I know shit from shinola when it comes to vehicles - someone know the model year of the yellow Wrangler vehicle?
Did a little more searching. Jade's Jeep is 2007 or newer.

Starting in 2007, they put the turn signals right under the round headlamps. In 2006 or before, they were on the fenders. That's the most obvious style difference from the front, where we get a really good look as she backs out of the driveway.

EDIT: more proof is the interior. Really good looks at the interior while DougCoop is bending down for the key. The round air vents in the center console and round dash gauges were introduced in 2007.
Last edited by wxray on Thu May 25, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

Fascinating stuff. There must be some other clues out there if the Droolcoop storyline is based in 2003.