Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by The Marquis »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:
Mordeen wrote:The stars at night are big and bright. Remember 430.

Is 8675309 relevant or just a set designer making fun of us?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. If I'm behind it's because I can't keep up.

Hope everyone is as ass kicked with utter bliss as I am. So much hidden in plain sight. What happened on 3/15? And not just in Rome. The clues are shrieking at us.

Have fun and cheers folks. 253, time and time and a place. Betty has the coordinates.

Ahhhhhh so much better than anticipated.

/lateexhale

/Mordeen

Thank you, Mordeen, for the 3/15. You struck (split?) gold. :wink:
What happened on 3/15??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Legendary rocker Dee Snider was born... but of course, that's common knowledge. :mrgreen:
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

The Marquis wrote:
Legendary rocker Dee Snider was born... but of course, that's common knowledge. :mrgreen:
Oh! That's explain it all! No need to watch the rest of the season then ;)

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Coop's "Packard Case" document in TSHoTP is dated 3/15 (despite this not gelling at all with the series timeline).

3/15 on the series was (by some estimates) Episode 17, the first episode after the post-Leland death time-jump. (Some timelines place Episode 18 on 3/15.)
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

indyit wrote:
I'd also like to propose (it's probably already been said): It looked like Mr C had cultivated a fair amount of garmonbozia (especially compared to Dougie). Losing it seems to have made him revert a little back to what he was in the season 2 finale.
Yeah, I agree. I mentioned this a few pages back. Notice how Bad Coop tries so hard to keep his garmonbozia inside. He's not merely trying not to vomit, but he doesn't want to lose all that pain and sorrow he's collected. We already know that the collection of garmonbozia is how evil spirits like Bob cultivate evil for the sake of evil, i.e., it's how they cultivate their power.

When Dougie, on the other hand, enters the Lodge, he's not acting differently like Bad Coop, and you give a good reason why not: his loss of garmonbozia was much less than Bad Coop. Why? Because Dougie wasn't evil.

We know these spirits don't merely enjoy garmonbozia, but that they use it for a purpose. Hence, losing it would weaken that purpose.

I think we'll see Good Cooper grow stronger simply from getting used to the world again while Bad Coop will remain in a weakened state and he'll need more garmonbozia to regain his strength.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/26/twin-peaks- ... um=twitter

EW: It seems, though, that the world you’re presenting outside of Twin Peaks is a place gone bad due to the roaming spirit of this evil Cooper. What are we calling this character, by the way? I’m calling him Dirty Cooper.

DL: I just call him Cooper’s doppelgänger. You’re allowed to call him whatever you want.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

krishnanspace wrote:Dougie's hairstyle looks he is from the 70s
Which originally made me think that Dougie was Dougie Milford and Coop replaced him back in the past but I only thought that was happening until he got in the Jeep with Jade and it was clearly a more modern setting.
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

Jerry Horne wrote:http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/26/twin-peaks- ... um=twitter

EW: It seems, though, that the world you’re presenting outside of Twin Peaks is a place gone bad due to the roaming spirit of this evil Cooper. What are we calling this character, by the way? I’m calling him Dirty Cooper.

DL: I just call him Cooper’s doppelgänger. You’re allowed to call him whatever you want.
Very happy Lynch says the charred cellmate is one to watch out for!
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Mairzy wrote:

Very happy Lynch says the charred cellmate is one to watch out for!
He also confirms the importance of TP, the town, in the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoodMorningAmerica
Roadhouse Member

Post by GoodMorningAmerica »

Great interview - some interesting tidbits. Love this bit:

EW: There’s a very strange new character in the Black Lodge, a talking tree, an evolution of The Man From Another Place, also known as the Arm (Michael J. Anderson, who did not return for the new series).
DL: Yes. Necessity is the mother of invention.

EW: The head on top — is it a talking brain, pituitary gland, or neuron?
DL: It’s just a head.

EW: It looks like a brain to me.
DL: It’s just a head.

Also, I want one of those side tables David is building. It has a place for a wine bottle and parmesan crackers!
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Wonderful interview -- his comments on Miguel Ferrer and Catherine Coulson are poignant. It's nice to hear that Albert is really important for The Return.

I also wanted to mention that in the scene where Hawk, Andy, and Lucy are discussing the importance of "heritage" and that something is missing, we cut to Dr. Jacoby painting golden shovels afterward.

Not all cuts are meaningful, but I think this one is: at the very least, thematically, something missing must be "dug up" and found. Or more literally, Hawk's quest will converge in some way with Jacoby's.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Probably already mentioned but the zig zag pattern in the hallways are now different.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
WalrusSAS

Post by WalrusSAS »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:
I also wanted to mention that in the scene where Hawk, Andy, and Lucy are discussing the importance of "heritage" and that something is missing, we cut to Dr. Jacoby painting golden shovels afterward.

Not all cuts are meaningful, but I think this one is: at the very least, thematically, something missing must be "dug up" and found. Or more literally, Hawk's quest will converge in some way with Jacoby's.
Not that it necessarily means anything, but I was trying to think of why anyone in the real world would want golden shovels, and the only thing I could come up with were for optics for an official groundbreaking ceremony of some kind. Maybe someone is going to start building on somewhere they shouldn't be?
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Good point. This immediately makes me think about the Ghostwood development, but I can't recall what Frost's book says about it.

Developing any aspect of Twin Peak's haunted woods might cause problems, or opportunities, for our Black Lodge denizens.

EDIT: Might these New York people at the Great Northern be desiring to develop Twin Peak's woods? Could this be connected to the New York box experiment?
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:
Mordeen wrote:The stars at night are big and bright. Remember 430.

Is 8675309 relevant or just a set designer making fun of us?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. If I'm behind it's because I can't keep up.

Hope everyone is as ass kicked with utter bliss as I am. So much hidden in plain sight. What happened on 3/15? And not just in Rome. The clues are shrieking at us.

Have fun and cheers folks. 253, time and time and a place. Betty has the coordinates.

Ahhhhhh so much better than anticipated.

/lateexhale

/Mordeen

Thank you, Mordeen, for the 3/15. You struck (split?) gold. :wink:
What happened on 3/15??

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Hester Prynne wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote: