Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LurkerAtTheThreshold
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by LurkerAtTheThreshold »

douglasb wrote:
LurkerAtTheThreshold wrote:Found this great blog, which really extrapolates a lot of different theories and facts about the new season:

http://onechancetwinpeaks.blogspot.com.au/

Anyone looking to fill in some time whilst anticipating episode 7, I recommend it for a good read.
What's with all the weird shit at the bottom of the blog - the missing girl and the brothel. I'll not get that time back again.
Yeah I don't know about that
Just there for the Twin Peaks stuff
BlueRose69

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by BlueRose69 »

I'm behind on this topic and haven't read through all the pages, so I apologize if this was posted before. There was someone that commented on a post on the Welcome to Twin peaks fanpage on Facebook that made me really think....could Mr. Strawberry= Red? Does Red have a connection to "Bad Coop" or the warden in some way?
Andrea

Evil Coop plans to kill off our beloved Good Dale

Post by Andrea »

I'd like to discuss with you my theories about couple of main plot threads (dougie would-be killers and the glass box) would you have the patience to follow this stream of consciousness? ;)

I think Evil Coop, after enetering our world began putting in place some mechanisms to avoid getting back in the Lodge (which apparently was due after the famous 25 yrs)
Assuming he somehow knew exactly about the 2:53 pivotal time (which Time Zone, i guess??! ahah let's forget about that)
1) created somehow (let's not ask how) a Cooper clone (not good, nor Evil) aka Dougie Jones
2) he has set up (through the Mulholland Drive guy in Vegas) the killers to whack Dougie AFTER 2:53, when he would have already switched places with Good Coop
>> don't know how the Owl ring fits into this.. maybe it ensured Good Coop would "flow" to Dougie (??)
3) when the guys fail, another more ruthless killer is launched vs good coop (the guy with the ice-pick)

As a back-up plan I assume Evil Coop also had (with what competencies?? maybe stolen from Briggs??) the glass box created in NY.
This was possibly meant to "monitor" and maybe capture good Cooper getting out of the Lodge?
and maybe having him slashed by the "she-monster-ghost"??

Now, about the identity "she-monster" someone has pointed out this is probably the "mother" that the Ronette Pulasky actress warns Coop about seconds before his "escape"
What had escaped me until now is that the mother eventually gets out just after Coop escapes and she then appears in the black box and kills the poor boy and girl.
The non-linear storytelling had confounded me at first, but I think that's what happened..
since Coop escaped minutes after appearing in the glass box and the killing also happened around the same time.
Do you agree on this?

I was wondering why the mysterious wealthy man "behind" the glass box let everything be found by police/FBI/etc.. and I concluded that probably, now Coop's out,
the whole thing has no more value, as it was possibly meant as a death-trap for him...

well.. no more rambling for today :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Have we talked about this yet?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.50.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.50.34 AM.png (138.87 KiB) Viewed 7575 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jerry Horne wrote:Have we talked about this yet?
What is that? Looks like a pipe sticking through a side of a cardboard box taped to the wall.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Looks like the same cardboard box from the NYC location and I'm assuming that's a camera. Oh and that's electrical tape.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

BlueRose69 wrote:I'm behind on this topic and haven't read through all the pages, so I apologize if this was posted before. There was someone that commented on a post on the Welcome to Twin peaks fanpage on Facebook that made me really think....could Mr. Strawberry= Red? Does Red have a connection to "Bad Coop" or the warden in some way?
My initial take was that Mr. Strawberry was an individual suspected of a horrific crime when the warden was a cop or prison guard, and maybe the warden murdered him (in self defense, or maybe Mr. Strawberry 'got off on a technicality') and it has haunted him ever since. Hence, Mr. Strawberry isn't taking calls. I don't know why this was the first conclusion my mind jumped to.

There definitely is something up with Red though. I think the "King and I" reference might be a clue.
BlueRose69

Post by BlueRose69 »

Cappy wrote:
BlueRose69 wrote:I'm behind on this topic and haven't read through all the pages, so I apologize if this was posted before. There was someone that commented on a post on the Welcome to Twin peaks fanpage on Facebook that made me really think....could Mr. Strawberry= Red? Does Red have a connection to "Bad Coop" or the warden in some way?
My initial take was that Mr. Strawberry was an individual suspected of a horrific crime when the warden was a cop or prison guard, and maybe the warden murdered him (in self defense, or maybe Mr. Strawberry 'got off on a technicality') and it has haunted him ever since. Hence, Mr. Strawberry isn't taking calls. I don't know why this was the first conclusion my mind jumped to.

There definitely is something up with Red though. I think the "King and I" reference might be a clue.
It's a good conclusion. The warden was clearly taken aback when Bad Coop mentioned Mr. Strawberry. Like others have stated, it reminded me of the "original" series when they apprehended Leland and he mentioned cooper in Pittsburgh. The warden definitely has a shady past. Red is shady too I think. As we know, when Leland was under the influence of BOB, he had a predilection towards singing and dancing, specifically King and I, so there's a possible link too. And I think drugs factored into the scene as well, but Red's weird magic trick seemed influenced by Lodge forces, at least to me.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I have no idea what to make of that then- but it does not look like a camera lens (but I could be wrong, it is a little hard to see).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Good find, Jerry. A wider screenshot:
box.JPG
box.JPG (39.19 KiB) Viewed 7533 times
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Episode 1 boxes:
box1.JPG
box1.JPG (19.09 KiB) Viewed 7522 times
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

good work guys! that connects NYC to Las Vegas
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

I put this in E6 thread, but I was wondering if the missing pages were put inside the door by Linda.

S2E3, when Coop opens the doors you can clearly see that there is absolutely no damage in any of them. They're also "regular" doors.

The door Hawk opens doesn't even open the same way it did 25 years ago (now it's outwards, 25yrs ago it was inwards).

The stall Hawk finds the notes in is for easy access in a wheelchair, which means that now the restroom is compliant with 1990's American Disability Act. That was NOT true in the Original series I think. The easily accessible stalls usually have a much broader door than the normal stalls (used by Mike in S2).

Unless they made a mistake, we can say that it was not Mike that put the pages in there.

EDIT: even the floor is different. I think it's two different restrooms. This is probably for staff only. This also explain the coin shot. We were focused on the coin, the much bigger floor is the key.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by yaxomoxay on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Glory hole.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Cappy wrote:

I took that as a reference to Red's absolute autocratic power over Richard. Maybe he's saying (stroking for a moment an imaginary bald head), "Observe care that head shall not be higher than mine. When I shall sit, you shall sit! When I shall kneel, you shall kneel." Or maybe he's saying 'alright we get the point, you think this town is a pushover; well I've already said that I like it here, so there's no need for all this "Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!" about fat sheriffs asleep at the wheel'. Either way it is absolutely dismissive, and functions perfectly to shut down Richard's attempts to be chatty and familiar with him, further highlighting the asymmetry of the relationship between a criminal kingpin and a lackey kid.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?