Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

wxray
RR Diner Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by wxray »

dronerstone wrote:Bill Hastings talking of the "many people" during his Briggs encounter makes me believe he saw the Woodsmen...

Did they behead/kill the Major?

Any thoughts?
Hard to say. You wonder if Hastings would have described the Woodsmen?

I'm hoping Briggs was cared for by the anti-Woodsmen, a group we haven't seen (unless Janey-E and Sonny Jim are such).

What is interesting is that Hastings says Briggs' head floated away. Hmmm, much like the first Woodsman we saw way back in, what, episode 2? 3?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

wxray wrote:Bill Hastings talking of the "many people" during his Briggs encounter makes me believe he saw the Woodsmen...

Any thoughts?
Something similar to the FWWM convenience store scene only then with a ritualistic murder of sorts.

I can only imagine the horror.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Soolsma wrote:
DRONERSTONE_atleastquoterightthxabunch_:P wrote:Bill Hastings talking of the "many people" during his Briggs encounter makes me believe he saw the Woodsmen...

Any thoughts?
Something similar to the FWWM convenience store scene only then with a ritualistic murder of sorts.

I can only imagine the horror.
Yup, thats what i'm implying! :)

That'd explain a lot about Hastings' seemingly terrible psychological state. Phew! o_O
chrisfil

Post by chrisfil »

Hi everyone, Really enjoying the new series. Was wondering if Diane could be the one who rang bad Cooper in ep1 or 2 and is pretending to be Jeffries. Would explain why bad cooper was texting her and she was so jumpy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

So according to Diane's text to Evil Coop, Hastings is taking the FBI to "the site" (presumably where he entered The Zone). Meanwhile in Twin Peaks, the Sheriff's department has an expedition planned to Jack Rabbit's Palace, presumably where Major Briggs entered the same. So I'm thinking the FBI and sheriff's dept. may well meet each other in this other dimension, whether it be the Black Lodge or something else.

Which would be pretty cool.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Posted in E10's thread but I think it's worthy of asking here. Do you guys think that the door (and hallway) glitch when Tammy walks is Laura's presence?
Here's a gif:

https://m.imgur.com/WA4NYci

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

The Jumping Man wrote:So according to Diane's text to Evil Coop, Hastings is taking the FBI to "the site" (presumably where he entered The Zone). Meanwhile in Twin Peaks, the Sheriff's department has an expedition planned to Jack Rabbit's Palace, presumably where Major Briggs entered the same. So I'm thinking the FBI and sheriff's dept. may well meet each other in this other dimension, whether it be the Black Lodge or something else.

Which would be pretty cool.
love this idea!
happyrat98

Post by happyrat98 »

Does anybody know when Audrey is going to show up? This part is killing me. I know Cooper will probably get his mind back in the next few episodes and the story will shift mainly to Twin Peaks.. But are we really only getting Audrey for the last 4 episodes? Were there any behind the scenes costuming or set photographs that implied her presence? I'm so frustrated because I want to see her again so badly. I feel like we're inching closer with the Richard story but that's just it... inching. At the current rate Richard will maybe go to see her in episode 13-14.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

happyrat98 wrote:Does anybody know when Audrey is going to show up? This part is killing me. I know Cooper will probably get his mind back in the next few episodes and the story will shift mainly to Twin Peaks.. But are we really only getting Audrey for the last 4 episodes? Were there any behind the scenes costuming or set photographs that implied her presence? I'm so frustrated because I want to see her again so badly. I feel like we're inching closer with the Richard story but that's just it... inching. At the current rate Richard will maybe go to see her in episode 13-14.
Somebody (maybe it was me) suggested that we'll only see Audrey in a bed, in a coma still, after 25 years and that will be it.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

Pretty hard to believe Fenn would bother with that.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

If Audrey is waking up from a coma just to find out that she lost 25 years and has a soulless demon baby in Richard, then part of me kind of wants her to stay asleep. I don't know, that just seems too heavy/heartbreaking for her character.

If she is in a coma though, I wonder where her body is though. They could've moved her out of the hospital and into some sort of independent care at the Great Northern, or maybe Catherine and Pete's old house by the giant log has been converted into a small care facility. I'm worried that she has just been sleeping in Room 315 the past 25 years.

In a weird way though, it might be kind of sweet and endearing if she wakes up and is essentially a teenager who thinks it is still 1989. Especially if Cooper comes to and can't quite catch up with the times.

I think there is some sort of connection between Audrey/Richard and Janey-E/Sonny Jim. If DougieCoop has to confront DoppelCoop, and if he somehow absorbs DoppelCoop back into himself, and they become one person again... will comatose Audrey merge with wide awake Janey, and will heartless Richard fuse with innocent Sonny Jim into a normal human being?
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

I really like how Lynch/Frost have built so much anticipation for Audrey this season. In her absence, she's elevated to a more interesting status than many of the characters that we have already seen several times.
Methedrome
Roadhouse Member

Post by Methedrome »

The afterbirth of the Mother/Experiment found on the beaches of France! :mrgreen:

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/be ... nvironment

Additionally, they smell like an “oil product". :wink:
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

John Justice Wheeler flew to S. America. The mystery box was in S. America. Bad Coop had a place in S. America. Audrey?
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

wxray wrote:John Justice Wheeler flew to S. America. The mystery box was in S. America. Bad Coop had a place in S. America. Audrey?
I mentioned much earlier, in a different thread maybe, that Wheelers business partner was murdered in that part of the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk