Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by crazyscottishguy »

After watching Part 12, i can speculate that once the Vegas PD runs the test on Dougie's fingerprints and comes up with Dale Cooper they will contact FBI. And sure enough Albert and/ or Gordon will show up there.

In the meantime, Diane will disclose to Mr C. the location that the coordinates lead to and he will turn up there all dressed up as Dale Cooper.

Hutch will go Las Vegas "to take care" of Duncan Todd and Dougie, but i believe the Mitchum brothers will come to Dougie's rescue.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

I'm probably just seeing things, but in Part 5 in the elevator I noticed a man who reminded me of Windom Earle in disguise.
The interesting thing is that he is hidden from Dougie and the camera during most of the scene because he is in the corner of the elevator. He is the last person to get out and the only one who isn't shouting at Dougie for holding everyone up, but maybe even seems amused and at the end he makes a slight hand gesture that almost looks as if he is blowing a kiss to no one. So the entire thing struck me as weird. I'm probably overanalyzing :) The problem is, I'm not sure it's him but I'm also not sure it's not him.

There was also a guy at the Double R in Part 7 who I thought might be Earle (he is one of the people who mysteriously vanish after the cut to Norma), but it's probably also not him, though it would make sense for him to be somewhere around there because of the Windom Earle theme during the ending credits.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

There are some similarities, but after googling Kenneth Welsh, the chin doesn't quite fit, I think.

But if it really is him - holy jumping George, what a find! :)
Daliz
Roadhouse Member

Post by Daliz »

As we know sometimes this show can move fast and sometimes slow. I think part 12 was more on the slow side.

Therefore I predict we will see an epic showdown at Vegas next episode. Mitchums, Duncan Todd and Anthony plotlines will be resolved. Coop will probably still be in Dougie mode, but maybe we'll see some cobra moves :D
Not sure about Hutch and Chantal though, or Mr. C. Haven't seen him around for a while.
bastia
Roadhouse Member

Post by bastia »

I was re watching episode 2.

Could the voice who mr C is talking be the voice of the 'gotta light' woodsman?
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

The more I think about it, the more I'm in true FEAR of both Coopers turning up in Twin Peaks wearing black suits and thus coming full-circle to the original finale for total mindf**k "DUAL COOP MADNESS" purty purty purty soon.

This would certainly make my poo flow.
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

The text message Diane received from Mr. C (?) about Las Vegas got me thinking that perhaps the "double header in Vegas" for Chantal & Hutch will be Gordon and Albert.
Meaxylon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Meaxylon »

kimmy wrote:The text message Diane received from Mr. C (?) about Las Vegas got me thinking that perhaps the "double header in Vegas" for Chantal & Hutch will be Gordon and Albert.
I got that idea as well :(
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Meaxylon wrote:
kimmy wrote:The text message Diane received from Mr. C (?) about Las Vegas got me thinking that perhaps the "double header in Vegas" for Chantal & Hutch will be Gordon and Albert.
I got that idea as well :(
Oh I thought the double header was DougieCoop and Mr Todd?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

I'm rewatching season 2 and noticed a "scary" parallel:

Richard (Tremayne) ignores a "no smoking" sign and tries to smoke:

Richard (Horne) ignores a "no smoking" sign and smokes:

It probably doesn't mean anything, lots of people ignore "no smoking" signs, but now I can't stop imagining horrible scenarios in which Richard Horne is actually Richard Tremayne's son and named after him, e.g. he could be the son of Tremayne and Audrey, or Tremayne and Donna, or Richard and Lucy (and the baby was accidentally switched with a Horne baby at the hospital, which would also mean that Wally is the real Horne baby), or he is Little Nicky and was adopted by Audrey. On the one hand, I think neither of these theories are very likely, on the other hand, rewatching season 2 reminded me that Twin Peaks could sometimes be very soapy and had a couple of terrible storylines that I'd rather forget.
timeandtide

Post by timeandtide »

We haven't seen Monica Bellucci yet, so I'm going to make a very random off the wall guess that it will turn out that the seemingly random scene with the French Woman is actually important and Bellucci plays one of the mentioned family members (Bellucci is Italian, but played French in Gaspar Noe's Irreversible and I think a few other roles, so she knows the language and has the "look".) Based on all the red, etc., I wouldn't rule out one or both of them being Lodge members or something odd like that and while I feel like the "code" theories floating around are a bit out there I wouldn't discount the gist of the idea either.

Another one: I feel like Sonny Jim is not long for the world. He might end up being the collateral in the Chantal/Hutch hit attempt. I keep going back to Cooper snapping into some mood where he cries looking at him getting into their van, way back in episode 5 or 6, and it just seems like a premonition. I could also see it being part of a catalyst/chain of events that wake Cooper up.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Dreamy Audrey wrote: or he [Richard Horne] is Little Nicky and was adopted by Audrey.
I'm on board with the idea that Richard could have been adopted and could even be Little Nicky all grown up. A "bad seed" or else someone who after being passed around as a foster child became rebellious. "Don't call me 'kid.' " I can't remember: were there any scenes in S2 of Little Nicky rebuffing anyone he felt was patronizing him?
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

I don't think so, as far as I remember, Little Nicky didn't talk much and never said anything rebellious or rebuffing, there were just his pranks on Andy and Dick and mysterious accidents happening to people around him and his creepy smile.

I rewatched episode 9 of season 2 today, and there is another uncanny parallel to the new series. Just before Leland's death, when Lucy wants to inform Andy and Dick about her plans for the baby, Dick wants to smoke again and asks Andy: "Gotta light?" :lol: As a kid, I always thought Dick acted suspicious and creepy in that scene, so I find his use of the same words as the woodsman very funny.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:I'm rewatching season 2 and noticed a "scary" parallel:

Richard (Tremayne) ignores a "no smoking" sign and tries to smoke:

Richard (Horne) ignores a "no smoking" sign and smokes:

It probably doesn't mean anything, lots of people ignore "no smoking" signs, but now I can't stop imagining horrible scenarios in which Richard Horne is actually Richard Tremayne's son and named after him, e.g. he could be the son of Tremayne and Audrey, or Tremayne and Donna, or Richard and Lucy (and the baby was accidentally switched with a Horne baby at the hospital, which would also mean that Wally is the real Horne baby), or he is Little Nicky and was adopted by Audrey. On the one hand, I think neither of these theories are very likely, on the other hand, rewatching season 2 reminded me that Twin Peaks could sometimes be very soapy and had a couple of terrible storylines that I'd rather forget.
Glad I wasn't the only person that noticed this. I really think that Richard Tremayne has nothing at all to do with this new season, but...

...Wally's date of birth doesn't really match up to the timeline from the original show. If Richard was in fact the father of Lucy's baby, and not Andy, then maybe that's Richard, and Wally was Andy and Lucy's from a few years after Richard. Not sure how RIchard Horne would be a Horne in this scenario, other than the tangential connection of his father working for Benjamin Horne.

I wouldn't even entertain this theory, if not for that weird Brennan family portrait that sits behind Lucy's desk. Lynch never really shows it in sharp focus, but something always looks off about it. Like the proportions of the child in it are wrong. It's like the Eraserhead baby or something only partially human.

Maybe Richard Horne has no real parentage in any traditional sense, instead he's just a manifestation or embodiment of all of Twin Peaks' dark secrets. Richard could just be the evil that men do.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

In season 2, episode 12 after the Major went missing, Colonel Reilly from the Air Force says: "Cooper. Just about to hunt you down. You were with Briggs when we lost his coordinates." The Major assumes that when he was missing he was brought to the White Lodge.

Reilly's wording seemed unusual to me, wouldn't it be more usual to say "we lost his location/position" or "We couldn't locate him anymore"? I was wondering now, if these coordinates are the same as in the new series, especially since Diane found out in Part 12 that the coordinates are a place in Twin Peaks. Does that mean they lead to the White Lodge?